rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

hemumr

Guys are there any more updates for people who have gone into building I ordered on the 11th november (3070 is what I am waiting for) and people who ordered a week before me (5th novemeber) have started getting theres delivered I hope I am one of the next few orders in the queue currently?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Guys are there any more updates for people who have gone into building I ordered on the 11th november (3070 is what I am waiting for) and people who ordered a week before me (5th novemeber) have started getting theres delivered I hope I am one of the next few orders in the queue currently?
Best to phone PCS, there may be something holding up the build, but none of us can tell you for sure.

hemumr

Best to phone PCS, there may be something holding up the build, but none of us can tell you for sure.
I was more wondering if someone ordered between the 5th and 11th who have gone into building/recieved their system as today was my original estimate at the very start (18 working days today)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was more wondering if someone ordered between the 5th and 11th who have gone into building/recieved their system as today was my original estimate at the very start (18 working days today)
There isn't necessarily any corrolation from when you ordered though, it all depends on the individual parts you've ordered as to when they're collectively in stock.

So someone who ordered on the same day at the same time with a 3070 but a different PSU or case may well have already had their build.

If you get my drift.

hemumr

There isn't necessarily any corrolation from when you ordered though, it all depends on the individual parts you've ordered as to when they're collectively in stock.

So someone who ordered on the same day at the same time with a 3070 but a different PSU or case may well have already had their build.

If you get my drift.
Yeah I understand but if there was something holding it up PCS wouldve told me to swap it wouldnt they?

bozzerz

I have finally been told that all the parts are ready for my build and they aim to build it "in the next couple of working days" so im praying lol
what did you ask them for them to tell you that? I'm bad at English and am wondering how to find that out.

decaro

Enthusiast
what did you ask them for them to tell you that? I'm bad at English and am wondering how to find that out.
I sent them an email asking what was needed, I was told I needed to change the CPU to get it quicker so I did and I was now told that they have everything and will soon start building.

Rootus

Ordered on 29-10-2020, dispatched on 27-11-2020, received on 05-12-2020 (takes a while for parcels to travel from the UK to the other side of Europe...).
The card is ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC.

Unfortunately, while opening the case (CORSAIR iCUE 465X) to remove the foam insert, the glass side panel shattered in my hand, luckily I haven't peeled the protective film yet so the shards remained mostly contained. I am heartbroken :(

I contacted PCS Customer Care, maybe I can order a replacement panel...

full

hemumr

Ordered on 29-10-2020, dispatched on 27-11-2020, received on 05-12-2020 (takes a while for parcels to travel from the UK to the other side of Europe...).

Unfortunately, while opening the case (CORSAIR iCUE 465X) to remove the foam insert, the glass side panel shattered in my hand, luckily I haven't peeled the protective film yet so the shards remained mostly contained. I am heartbroken :(

full
How did you manage to shatter the side panel also if it can get to the other side of europe in one piece the packing they use must be really good. Also as for the side panel it might be faster to order one yourself

tb11

full
Sorry to hear that! Looks great otherwise though. Any other things when unpacking that new purchasers should look out for?

Rootus

How did you manage to shatter the side panel also if it can get to the other side of europe in one piece the packing they use must be really good

I have no idea, maybe the glass was under stress from the cold and pinched when unscrewing the thumbscrews, maybe it was knocked in transport, maybe I looked at it the wrong way... who knows.
I was so upset that I even forgot to take a picture, just threw it in the trash. When the PCS representative asked for a picture today I realised that yeah, it would have been a good idea. I looked around the room and found a shard in a corner that I missed during vacuum. It's displayed on the psu shroud.

decaro

Enthusiast
I have no idea, maybe the glass was under stress from the cold and pinched when unscrewing the thumbscrews, maybe it was knocked in transport, maybe I looked at it the wrong way... who knows.
I was so upset that I even forgot to take a picture, just threw it in the trash. When the PCS representative asked for a picture today I realised that yeah, it would have been a good idea. I looked around the room and found a shard in a corner that I missed during vacuum. It's displayed on the psu shroud.
I'm sure they will send a replacement, it was not your fault.

Oronare

full
Maybe others can correct me here, but isn't that AIO upside down? Tubes look long enough that they can and *should* be at the bottom, and if they weren't long enough then the rad should've been mounted at the top of the case.

Mounting it tubes up, even though the pump is not at the top of the loop which is great means air bubbles will still make their way into the pump and cause pump whine or gurgling and possibly performance issues. Gamers Nexus did a video on this called 'Stop doing it wrong'.

Maybe there was some other reason it *had* to be front mounted with tubes up, but it doesn't look like it, and if there was a case-compatibility reason then you should've been advised about it. If you don't notice any overheating, gurgling, whine or other noise then I guess it's technically fine but if you do notice any of those issues I'd remove the rad and just flip it upside down so the tubes are coming from the bottom, as long as the tubes reach that is and *as long as the pump stays below the top of the rad*. If they aren't long enough then I'd consider mounting it to the top of the case if possible. Again this is only if you notice issues.

Rootus

Maybe others can correct me here, but isn't that AIO upside down? Tubes look long enough that they can and *should* be at the bottom, and if they weren't long enough then the rad should've been mounted at the top of the case.

Mounting it tubes up, even though the pump is not at the top of the loop which is great means air bubbles will still make their way into the pump and cause pump whine or gurgling and possibly performance issues. Gamers Nexus did a video on this called 'Stop doing it wrong'.

Maybe there was some other reason it *had* to be front mounted with tubes up, but it doesn't look like it, and if there was a case-compatibility reason then you should've been advised about it.

We are getting a bit offtopic here but I'll bite :)
I suggest the follow up video: "Ask GN 114: My AIO Will Explode? Tubes Down Don't Reach? Cavitation? Custom Loops?"

TL;DR: it's not as big of a deal as long as the pump is not the highest point in the loop.

Oronare

We are getting a bit offtopic here but I'll bite :)
I suggest the follow up video: "Ask GN 114: My AIO Will Explode? Tubes Down Don't Reach? Cavitation? Custom Loops?"

TL;DR: it's not as big of a deal as long as the pump is not the highest point in the loop.
Yeah I watched that also, but it's still not best-practise to have it tubes up at the front of the case. It likely wont impact longevity or performance to any perceptible degree, but it makes it more likely you will get gurgling or pump whine. Obviously if you don't get that or notice then it's fine as is, just not best practise when installing an AIO because you're leaving it up to chance.

skril

Bronze Level Poster
I didnt get today, change for tomorow will see. Looks like dpd pick up my order today from them

Oronare

Mine was 'awaiting dispatch' on Saturday so I expected - as did PCS when I emailed their enquiries team and spoke to live chat - it to be picked up by DPD today but I've received no tracking number or change to 'dispatched' so I presume it wasn't for some reason or other.

Live chat said something along the lines of "It says 'awaiting dispatch' but that's probably just an error and it will have been picked up today, wait until this evening for the DPD email" and the auto-email said "will more than likely be dispatched on Monday.", so i guess there is some sort of warehouse backlog and there were too many to pick up from over the weekend maybe. Hopefully DPD will pick it up tomorrow for delivery on Wednesday.