Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
*Update* got through today on the phone after a 2 hour wait, but the guy was not able to really give me much information at all.
  • None of the Ryzen (5600/5800/5900/5950 X) are in stock and he had no ETA on any of them. I asked if it would be better for me to switch from the 5900 X to any of the others but he was not able to advise me.
  • 6800 XT is out of stock also, but they do have a limited number of 6900 XT's in stock. I asked him if it would be worth me switching to the 6900 XT to potentially speed up my order but he couldn't really say if it would or not.
  • I asked if anything else was holding up my order - he said no, just the CPU/GPU (No mention of 1TB 980 Pro being out of stock).
  • His best advise was for me to not change anything and keep waiting and he said a realistic time to receive my order would be end of January. :(

GRABibus

UK Borders closed.
Guys, don’t expect any deliveries before mid January ...if borders can reopen.

AMD and NVIDIA shortages + worldwide component shortages + COVID 19 + Covid outbreaks in Europe soon if new virus resist to vaccin = keep your current builds or be patient like a Bouddist 😊

kozuki

Enthusiast
UK Borders closed.

AMD and NVIDIA shortages + worldwide component shortages + COVID 19 = keep your current builds or be patient like a Bouddist 😊
UK doesn't enter brexit deal until new year? and the only closures now are for passenger flights, cargo and supply lines always worked as usual during all the lockdowns. They can't just close the border fully for all supply lines, be it road, air or water

UK Borders closed.

AMD and NVIDIA shortages + worldwide component shortages + COVID 19 + Covid outbreaks in Europe soon if new virus resist to vaccin = keep your current builds or be patient like a Bouddist 😊
As long as the supplies are not brought in by someone in a suitcase, we are OK. Closures do not affect Freight! For now at least.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
*Update* got through today on the phone after a 2 hour wait, but the guy was not able to really give me much information at all.
  • None of the Ryzen (5600/5800/5900/5950 X) are in stock and he had no ETA on any of them. I asked if it would be better for me to switch from the 5900 X to any of the others but he was not able to advise me.
  • 6800 XT is out of stock also, but they do have a limited number of 6900 XT's in stock. I asked him if it would be worth me switching to the 6900 XT to potentially speed up my order but he couldn't really say if it would or not.
  • I asked if anything else was holding up my order - he said no, just the CPU/GPU (No mention of 1TB 980 Pro being out of stock).
  • His best advise was for me to not change anything and keep waiting and he said a realistic time to receive my order would be end of January. :(
Sorry to hear the news. Hang on to 5900x
6800xt is the best price to performance of the 3 gpu's and maybe you could be lucky and get the aib ones, when they do re-stock 6800xt in Jan.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Sorry to hear the news. Hang on to 5900x
6800xt is the best price to performance of the 3 gpu's and maybe you could be lucky and get the aib ones, when they do re-stock 6800xt in Jan.
Aye, think I will at this stage. And I won't contact them again until the new year.
I actually asked him if they are getting the reference 6800/6900 XT's or partner models and he told me they were getting XFX cards for now but might also be getting powercolor 6800 XT's.
He said the model of 6900 XT in stock now is the XFX Merc 319. I couldn't find any benchmarks on that one so I don't know how it performs vs the reference model.
Let us know what model you get when yours arrives, and include pics! :LOL:

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Aye, think I will at this stage. And I won't contact them again until the new year.
I actually asked him if they are getting the reference 6800/6900 XT's or partner models and he told me they were getting XFX cards for now but might also be getting powercolor 6800 XT's.
He said the model of 6900 XT in stock now is the XFX Merc 319. I couldn't find any benchmarks on that one so I don't know how it performs vs the reference model.
Let us know what model you get when yours arrives, and include pics! :LOL:
Really 6900xt Merc 319? OMG! I heard super good things about Merc GPU lots of rave reviews, Def up there against Red devil and Nitro. Sure I'll let you know when I get it and will post pics. It's at testing stage today.

Last edited:

PetRos

Woohoo! My build just moved into testing. Ordered 27/11, changed GPU 17/12, build date 19/12, testing 21/12. 5900x

Can't wait!!
Mine's been in test since the 15th of December, but still no update (5950x) - was informed in the mail this would take 48 hours.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Mine's been in test since the 15th of December, but still no update (5950x) - was informed in the mail this would take 48 hours.
Did they say whats holding it back for despatch? Maybe a faulty component or something?

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
There's a backlog on testing as they've got so many lined up, there may well be a few days wait.
If say the test failed due to a defect componant like PSU for example, do they let you know via email? In the unlikely event that the defect item is no longer in stock and I would need to amend the order with an alternative componant

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If say the test failed due to a defect componant like PSU for example, do they let you know via email? In the unlikely event that the defect item is no longer in stock and I would need to amend the order with an alternative componant
It's very possible, best to contact them to be sure.

PetRos

It's very possible, best to contact them to be sure.
Yes, it would best to contact them - however the lack of information is shocking. All three times I've tried to call, I started as number 20 in the queue, and waited 2 hours everytime - makes you wonder if there is a virtual queue system (not uncommom to use) that delibirately makes everyone hold a specified amount of time. Many people here report this 2 hour wait time - and they don't have a call-back service to not waste their customers time. And the chat just waits from answers from the production, so no help from there either.

So right now I'm wondering whether I should spend the next two hours in queue, probably just to get the answer "we don't know" from PCS.

TrustPilot has a lot of these stories - great PC builds but bad customer service/lack of information.

I'm really starting to regret buying from PCS.