Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
not bad, so the 6900XT's beat 3080 on waiting times too! looking like good christmas to you!
If it gets the green light by this afternoon
Fingers crossed for you, I'm feeling hopeful ;)
Thanks. Even if it arrives after xmas it's fine. I rather they take as long as they need and pass testing(which I know they will) with flying colours then to arrive early with potential setbacks.

Last edited:

Zeddicus

So, a further update, and backing up @SpyderTracks comment about if an order is in build now you will likely get it by Xmas - I received notification this morning that mine has been dispatched! Hopefully receive it tomorrow or Thursday.

If tomorrow, it would have taken just under 4 weeks from order to build, despite the fact it is a very in demand processor with shortages.

Switching out my GPU was what moved my build along, same as @Stevewtw removing his 3080.

Granted my GPU is not one in massive demand as I'm not going to use the set up for gaming but, overall, in light of the global situation both with Covid and demand for Ryzen 9 chips, I'm pretty pleased with the service I have received.

And, who cares about holding for 2 hours on the phone?! I'm sure almost everyone does what I did and stick the phone on your desk on loudspeaker whilst you get on with something else (using up free minutes in most cases, I'm sure). Other than the battery drain, where's the problem?!
And my PC arrived this morning, exactly on time as per the message from DPD - so excited!! Will be setting it up this afternoon...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And my PC arrived this morning, exactly on time as per the message from DPD - so excited!! Will be setting it up this afternoon...
I really rate DPD, it's a little hit and miss with your local driver, but our guy is quite simply the best, he's always there at the beginning of the time slot, he's always rock solid reliable.

Zeddicus

I really rate DPD, it's a little hit and miss with your local driver, but our guy is quite simply the best, he's always there at the beginning of the time slot, he's always rock solid reliable.
Yep, I'd agree with that. We've had a couple of minor issues but they were traced to the retailer rather than the courier. I may consider using them more often than MyHermes as DPD prices (always quite a bit higher) have been dropping...

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah our regular is pretty good as well, had one driver at one point was rubbish with a capital C..........A phone call and a bad review and never saw him again.............

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Yeah, really important to leave a review for the driver, helps them weed out the cowboys.
True, DPD app on standby tomorrow. It still makes my blood boil to this day with the mistreatment of 680x build the other month that had the cpu aio yanked off the top compartment.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
True, DPD app on standby tomorrow. It still makes my blood boil to this day with the mistreatment of 680x build the other month that had the cpu aio yanked off the top compartment.
That kind of abuse should be treated just like abusing a child imho. Computers have feelings too!

xKMet

Got my build Christmas Eve, needless to say none of the presents the Day after came close.. one thing, and from reading online I think it’s normal. When gaming the 5900 gets very hot constantly between 78-86. Is this normal? I have a h100i platinum and a Corsair 570x Case. Idling it sits around 42-47z

P.s .. a belated Merry Christmas everyone!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got my build Christmas Eve, needless to say none of the presents the Day after came close.. one thing, and from reading online I think it’s normal. When gaming the 5900 gets very hot constantly between 78-86. Is this normal? I have a h100i platinum and a Corsair 570x Case. Idling it sits around 42-47z

P.s .. a belated Merry Christmas everyone!
What are you using to read temps?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks very much, I’ll give that a try when I’m home.
Hopefully it should report slightly lower figures. Many third party temp apps report the incorrect values, it's just because it's a brand new architecture and they need updating to properly read them.