RTX 3080

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
Well it was all going well...

I bought a Logitech G502 Lightspeed in September ready for the build, back then we didn’t know the situation with the GPUs.

The mouse doesn’t work 😭.
Check the other USB ports. And make sure you don't HAVE to download Lightsync/Drivers for it (you shouldn't but I don't know/own Logitech peripherals)

Also check your device manager to see if there is a mouse detect/any errors.

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster
Check the other USB ports. And make sure you don't HAVE to download Lightsync/Drivers for it (you shouldn't but I don't know/own Logitech peripherals)

Also check your device manager to see if there is a mouse detect/any errors.
I’ve tried countless ports, but just threatened the device and it has decided to work 🤣.

Had plenty of fun with Windows 10 too. My partner and I have steered cleared of it for years as we much prefer Windows 7. Still have Windows 95 lingering around somewhere 😂.

I have AC Valhalla installing overnight tonight.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Merry Christmas guys and gals 🌲❄️☃️☃️❄️🌲

Have a great day 🎉🍾🥂
I no longer need my pc, this thing is going to be a game changer :LOL:
B838BDFE-1B80-4A25-A789-E7AC49143265.jpeg
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....aming-console-with-a-built-in-chicken-warmer/

Wildnomad

Bronze Level Poster
Yes, I think the problem is that they are ordering the GPU's but they're not arriving. The guy I spoke to said the last order that arrived was in October. Fingers crossed that Nvidia fancy making some money next year.

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
Just picked up a 3070 to use for now, so that's one 3080 of the waiting list.

I hope they're easy to install...

Nbz

So I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a few weeks and have been bummed out that it will seemingly take forever to get a 3080 (or a Ryzen 5900x) if I order now. I've been meaning to order for a while but wanted to wait until stock was plentiful.

Seems like that won't be the case for ages, so I was wondering

1. Will I be waiting 3 months for a PC with a 3080 and a 5900x if I order today
2. How long do people think it will be till stock is plentiful

Thanks

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
So I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a few weeks and have been bummed out that it will seemingly take forever to get a 3080 (or a Ryzen 5900x) if I order now. I've been meaning to order for a while but wanted to wait until stock was plentiful.

Thanks
Unfortunately there is no real estimate on how long it will take as I believe from what the staff have said to myself and others is that they are not sure what stock they will be receiving until it actually arrives when it comes to the 3080, I’m not too sure on what wait time/stock levels are for the 5900x, but they appear to be coming in quicker than the GPUs, you could always try contacting their support, but whatever timeframe they give (if they give you one) would be a guesstimate at best, with wait times on stock at the moment they are essentially shooting in the dark.

Stock being plentiful will happen at some point, but with the current events going on in the world (Coronavirus, Brexit, etc) it’s not possible to say, there is a backlog on orders for 3080s and 5900x with all companies not just PCS, so Nvidia and AMD need to clear the backlog of orders and then produce more than the continuing demand, which I don’t think anyone on here would be able to tell you, you’d have to be asking Nvidia and AMD for that information and I don’t think they even know that at the moment :ROFLMAO:

I ordered on 15th of October and am currently at 51 days waiting time, I believe the longest wait time I’ve seen on here is in the 70 - 80 days region, so I think a worse case scenario if you ordered today would be a similar time frame, however you’d have to speak to PCS to find out what they’d say as I don’t think anyone on here (other than staff) can give you an ETA.

If you are in desperate need for a new computer then buy slightly worse and upgrade once stock is available, if you’re not in a rush for it, then order sit back and wait, it’ll eventually arrive and the wait would have been worth it. Hopefully this helps, it’s a frustrating problem that is affecting not just us as customers but all the system integrators and part suppliers.

Harag

Gold Level Poster

Thanks
These are very tough questions to answer by the community, we simply don't know - I'm now on just over 20 working days waiting, but read some are on 50+. Depending on how urgent you need it, and if you need/want the latest stuff depends on how long you are prepared to wait. If you're spending 2.5k+ then the wait is probably worth it, it's a long term investment and you should get 5+ years out of it, so waiting 2-3 months is nothing really.

However, saying that, once the xmas is over, and the trucks are rolling again at the boarders we should hopefully see PCs going out the door again. I read somewhere PCS have about 2000 orders for PCs with a 3080 card. So Maybe 2 months wait? all being well.

Nbz

Thanks for the replies folks! This is gonna be a big long term investment so I am ok to wait a couple of months. I was just nervous that with the already existing backlog that I might have to wait even longer than that, but I guess that as supply gets better things will smooth out a bit. I think I will order tomorrow and just sit back and wait till its done in that case.

omirako

you're going to wait way longer than that, I ordered on 30th of November (19 working days) and I really wish I'll have to wait just 2 more months for my pc, and it will get even worse until the end of February when (hopefully) stocks will start to catch up with demand (globally speaking, I'm not speaking for PCS as of course I don't know when them are going to catch up with demand).
If you know how to assemble a computer on your own, just follow some discord servers for your cpu (If you want a 5000 series) and your 3080, you'll have to wait way lesser.
If you don't have time to follow those servers, than this is the best shot you have to receive a pc before May.

Last edited:

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
So I’ve just read the notes on my order and without a graphics card it’s saying it needs a maximum of 1114w power supply but when I had the 3080 in the build it said a maximum of 715w. I’ve since bought a 3070 and have a 750w power supply, will this be enough?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I’ve just read the notes on my order and without a graphics card it’s saying it needs a maximum of 1114w power supply but when I had the 3080 in the build it said a maximum of 715w. I’ve since bought a 3070 and have a 750w power supply, will this be enough?
I would suggest an 850W to cover future requirements.