What FPS will this run on some of the common games?

Nebyad22

I've posted the spec below just wondering what fps this would get on average on games like warzone, gta, rust etc?
Thank You

Case
THERMALTAKE V200 2.0 TEMPERED GLASS RGB EDITION GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT Eight Core CPU (4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WiFi (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
128GB ADATA SX6000 LITE M.2 2280 (1800 MB/R, 1200 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What monitor are you using resolution & refresh rate or make and model, as this will determine the max fps as refresh rate = maximum fps, so for a 60Hz monitor whatever graphics card you have you won't get more than 60FPS

Nebyad22

Yes i know this, at the moment only 144hz just wondering what this spec could push out, will i need a 240hz or not?
What monitor are you using resolution & refresh rate or make and model, as this will determine the max fps as refresh rate = maximum fps, so for a 60Hz monitor whatever graphics card you have you won't get more than 60FPS

Bhuna50

Author Level
Are you a competitive serious gamer? If not then it’s unlikely you will notice any difference in FPS above 120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gavras

Master Poster
Size as well.

you can only get 6 pixies in a screen, this means they have more to paint in a 38” screen compared to a 28” screen.

That and 1080p have easier bits to paint but 1440p are harder and 4K a right pain.

This means they struggle if pushed to hard with a big high resolution screen and don’t quite manage to go as fast, poor pixies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ash_

Master Poster
I’ll give a summary
1080p - yes
1440p - in and around 120fps yes (at least for warzone)
4k - doubt it

Attachments

• 4rvw9n.jpg
    4rvw9n.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 153

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’ll give a summary
1080p - yes
1440p - in and around 120fps yes (at least for warzone)
4k - doubt it
Whilst I realise you’re trying to be helpful, this is actually quite damaging as it suggests the 3070 is a fair pairing with a 1080p 144hz screen, which it is anything but, it would be a tragic missuse of a high end card for low end monitor.

It’s incredibly important, both for monetary reasons and performance, that the GPU is paired correctly with the monitor.

Nebyad22

Whilst I realise you’re trying to be helpful, this is actually quite damaging as it suggests the 3070 is a fair pairing with a 1080p 144hz screen, which it is anything but, it would be a tragic missuse of a high end card for low end monitor.

It’s incredibly important, both for monetary reasons and performance, that the GPU is paired correctly with the monitor.
so what monitor would you suggest as currently i do only have a 1080p 144hz? will i need an upgrade to see the use out of the 3070?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken