RTX 3080

Smqtt

Hi, new to forums.

Ordered a system with the i9-10850k and standard RTX 3080, just gone into 50 working days as I ordered on the 20th of October.

I spoke to someone on live chat today to ask about stock on the 3090, and they have said they're in stock. Do I bite the bullet and go for the 3090, as I'm growing quite impatient, as I'm sure others are too. (obviously not PCS' fault)

Dicarus

Hi, new to forums.

Ordered a system with the i9-10850k and standard RTX 3080, just gone into 50 working days as I ordered on the 20th of October.

I spoke to someone on live chat today to ask about stock on the 3090, and they have said they're in stock. Do I bite the bullet and go for the 3090, as I'm growing quite impatient, as I'm sure others are too. (obviously not PCS' fault)

Being one of the ones who jumped ship to 3090, I'd say it's only going to be worth it if you have the disposable income. I definitely don't need the 3090 over the 3080 and comparing benchmarks, it's nowhere near as worth it, but I've tricked myself into believe I've not spent as much as I have :rolleyes:

Hasn't improved my situation much since I'm still in a queue for the AMD cpu anyway.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Well it turned on, it's going through its setup. Is there any reason why it wouldn't work with displayport cable but does with HDMI
Try a different DisplayPort when it's all set up. My old 2070 Super didn't like one of the connections at first. Tried it with a different one and it worked fine.

Smqtt

Being one of the ones who jumped ship to 3090, I'd say it's only going to be worth it if you have the disposable income. I definitely don't need the 3090 over the 3080 and comparing benchmarks, it's nowhere near as worth it, but I've tricked myself into believe I've not spent as much as I have :rolleyes:

Hasn't improved my situation much since I'm still in a queue for the AMD cpu anyway.
I will have the money to do it hopefully this week, but as I mainly bought this system for gaming and video editing, I wouldn't mind the extra horse power. I think its only worth though if it would be delivered in a week or two from making the amendments.

Dicarus

I will have the money to do it hopefully this week, but as I mainly bought this system for gaming and video editing, I wouldn't mind the extra horse power. I think its only worth though if it would be delivered in a week or two from making the amendments.
Yeah I mainly done it after people said not to purely from the standpoint "well it doesn't matter if it's more expensive because at least it's better".

And I'd assume your build would go quicker depending on the availability of the rest of the parts of the PC. If it's only the 3080 you're waiting for then they'd probably put it in build as soon as they could.

amiwood18

Bronze Level Poster
Woooo 🥳🥳🥳

Attachments

• 4BE6D390-B5E7-442F-A2C0-D958BDFFCE1B.jpeg
    4BE6D390-B5E7-442F-A2C0-D958BDFFCE1B.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 296

ConnorM

Hi, new to forums.

I wouldn’t advise to, I changed to a 3090 on Thursday and have heard nothing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can I just say a personal thank you to everyone on the forums, and especially those on this thread. Those of you who've been monitoring this thread in particular will know what I'm referring to.

I know things are especially difficult with waiting and communication at the moment, it's literally the perfect storm of problems happening all at once with Covid, lockdowns, port closures, general stock shortages, Christmas holidays.... you name it, people couldn't have made a film about it because people would have responded like "there's no way that would ever happen!".

I just really appreciate how you're all dealing with it, even you old timers nearing the 70 day mark. It must be incredibly frustrating, but we're very grateful for you using the forums for what they're intended for, and not turning it into a troll market.

Have my fingers crossed for you all. Keep posting, keep pressing that F5, and may the silicon Gods bring you swift computerisation!

Masty

Can I just say a personal thank you to everyone on the forums, and especially those on this thread. Those of you who've been monitoring this thread in particular will know what I'm referring to.

I know things are especially difficult with waiting and communication at the moment, it's literally the perfect storm of problems happening all at once with Covid, lockdowns, port closures, general stock shortages, Christmas holidays.... you name it, people couldn't have made a film about it because people would have responded like "there's no way that would ever happen!".

I just really appreciate how you're all dealing with it, even you old timers nearing the 70 day mark. It must be incredibly frustrating, but we're very grateful for you using the forums for what they're intended for, and not turning it into a troll market.

Have my fingers crossed for you all. Keep posting, keep pressing that F5, and may the silicon Gods bring you swift computerisation!
See tbh a dont even check if av got a email anymore, a just check this too see what everyone else is up to and see how there getting on lmao
Im starting to wonder if i even ordered a pc.

ConnorM

Because it’s been Christmas and bank holidays since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Different when they specifically told me that if I changed I’d go into building straight away, I’m 56 working days I might of aswell of kept the 3080.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Different when they specifically told me that if I changed I’d go into building straight away, I’m 56 working days I might of aswell of kept the 3080.
You’ll need to contact them again and refer to your prior comms with them where you were told that information and quote the person who you were speaking to.

Bbl

Hi, new to forums.

Tempted to do the same

kozuki

Enthusiast
in my 57 days of pre-production I haven't received a single email about my build's status or any part availability, great job on communication..