RTX 3080

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
That’s not necessarily true. They are if you’re thinking of the 3090 as a gaming card. But for what it offers as a monster workstation rendering card, I think the price is in the right ballpark.
Eh, I get it, and that's why I am thinking of buying it, so I don't disagree.

But the previous gen Titan cards have some serious performance advantages over the 3090, which will immediately call the 3090 into question when a new Gen titan card comes out. Plus the 3080 isn't THAT far behind the 3090 as a workstation card either (work-type dependent always). Then the 3080 TI will be so close for cheaper than the 3090 it will make the 3090 again be called into question. May end up with a 2080 super situation where it's super expensive and Not better than alternatives.

Also, keep in mind a lot of my devils advocating right now is also to dissuade me from spending more money.

Smqtt

I just switched to a 3090 standard as I was getting tired of the wait for the 3080, could do with a higher performance card for rendering anyway.

I opted for an 850W as PCS recommended a 750W but I wanted a higher wattage PSU to be safe, will that be enough?

Also, will the i9-10850K be a bottleneck, as I heard the 10850K is basically a 10900K minus a little clock speed. Thanks!

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The 3080 TI will be so close for cheaper than the 3090 it will make the 3090 again be called into question. May end up with a 2080 super situation where it's super expensive and Not better than alternatives.
Yep, and that’s also the price we pay for being early adopters at the start of a brand new generation of cards. There’s always something new and improved just around the corner...

Mo_Mo

I just switched to a 3090 standard as I was getting tired of the wait for the 3080, could do with a higher performance card for rendering anyway.

I opted for an 850W as PCS recommended a 750W but I wanted a higher wattage PSU to be safe, will that be enough?

Also, will the i9-10850K be a bottleneck, as I heard the 10850K is basically a 10900K minus a little clock speed. Thanks!
I do architectural visuals for work and the 3090 is much faster for this sort of job. Don't game much besides Cyberpunk.

Dacbol

Hi All

has anyone with a standard 3080 received any update since 26th - currently sitting at 59 days and wondering what latest info is - thx

Smqtt

Thinking of switching to 3090, has anyone done this and has it sped up time to delivery?
I did switch to one on Friday, standard 3090 and every other part being in stock. I’ll let you know if I receive mine hopefully some point this week or next. :)

Masty

Hi All

has anyone with a standard 3080 received any update since 26th - currently sitting at 59 days and wondering what latest info is - thx
Im also 59 days, from what ive heard from staff we will go into building when next delivery is brought in.