RTX 3080

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
I'm hearing some bad tech news down the grape vine, which will very likely affect amendments and future purchases. But it looks like AIB sellers will be increasing MSRP a significant amount to meet the difficulties of logistics and demand.

Prima

I'm now 76 working days into waiting for my PC. I have been told that my Ryzen 5900X had been allocated before Christmas, but I am still waiting for my Strix 3080... Is there an ETA?

Just thought I'd take my chances asking here...!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm now 76 working days into waiting for my PC. I have been told that my Ryzen 5900X had been allocated before Christmas, but I am still waiting for my Strix 3080... Is there an ETA?

No eta of any cards at all, they just turn up when they turn up.

theshizit

I was just wondering if you would be kind enough to post a comment in this thread when you go into building stage, I am also waiting on a 3080 Strix (68 Days) and it would be really useful to gauge(ish) how things are moving along?
Fingers crossed you will hear something soon. :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    162.3 KB · Views: 280
Have you received your pc? did you swap to a 3090?
if its the Strix you are waiting on then my post most likely won't help you due to the fact there is literally none anywhere unless you pay silly money for one of course.. but for those who have ordered around the 10ths of Oct hold on because it looks as tho the information for mid to late is accurate so I kinda regret changing now... unfortunately for me, I received this email far too late.. as always take it with a grain of salt but if i had held on i would have had my 3080 mid to late Jan like i was told on the phone last week.. i from my knowledge i wouldn't be able to change back to my 3080 without going to the back of the queue.

theshizit

Cheers for that, good to know things are slowly moving along, i`m sure the dates mentioned in the e-mail will be really useful for people waiting on their 3080`s. :)

theshizit

if its the Strix you are waiting on then my post most likely won't help you due to the fact there is literally none anywhere unless you pay silly money for one of course.. but for those who have ordered around the 10ths of Oct hold on because it looks as tho the information for mid to late is accurate so I kinda regret changing now... unfortunately for me, I received this email far too late.. as always take it with a grain of salt but if i had held on i would have had my 3080 mid to late Jan like i was told on the phone last week.. i from my knowledge i wouldn't be able to change back to my 3080 without going to the back of the queue.
Given the circumstances would PCS not give you the option to change back, i`m assuming it is not in the building stage yet? It would seem to be a bit of a strange move to put you to the back of the queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
not a problem I hope it helps those around that time get a better understanding of how fast things are moving at this moment in time. I honestly don't know if they would let me reset to my main older I had all this time.. (61 days) without putting me to the back of the queue. It's just bugging me cause to get the 3090 I had to really downgrade my build... with a new baby arriving in a few months and so much to get I simply didn't have the extra 600 to spare on the 3090, combined with the 3080 stock issues i panic and made a rash decision which i utterly regret now having a worse build.. i mean i have a powerful card but that's about it haha

Bbl

not a problem I hope it helps those around that time get a better understanding of how fast things are moving at this moment in time. I honestly don't know if they would let me reset to my main older I had all this time.. (61 days) without putting me to the back of the queue. It's just bugging me cause to get the 3090 I had to really downgrade my build... with a new baby arriving in a few months and so much to get I simply didn't have the extra 600 to spare on the 3090, combined with the 3080 stock issues i panic and made a rash decision which i utterly regret now having a worse build.. i mean i have a powerful card but that's about it haha
Im pretty sure they would let you change

and no its not in building yet.. but by the sounds of the email will probably be this week it goes into building all being well of course

theshizit

From what i understand (from a post many pages back) priority is given to those who have waited the longest, i don`t see why you can`t reconfigure your system within the same budget and still keep your place in the queue, might be worth a try?

From what i understand (from a post many pages back) priority is given to those who have waited the longest, i don`t see why you can`t reconfigure your system within the same budget and still keep your place in the queue, might be worth a try?

My partner said the same thing but I've seen posts on here myself saying if you change and then try to change back (GPU wise) you go to the back of the queue I don't fancy waiting another 3 months so I'm a little scared on that front in doing it without any proper knowledge on the matter from PCS personally. So i think i will hold off for now and ring them at 9 o'clock and hopefully can get it sorted.

theshizit

My partner said the same thing but I've seen posts on here myself saying if you change and then try to change back (GPU wise) you go to the back of the queue I don't fancy waiting another 3 months so I'm a little scared on that front in doing it without any proper knowledge on the matter from PCS personally. So i think i will hold off for now and ring them at 9 o'clock and hopefully can get it sorted.
Good luck (y)