RTX 3080

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Normally I’d be patient but having already waited 3 months (9th October I ordered) I’m a little sick of my laptop and it’s terrible FPS and just want something better 🙃
Not quite 3 months for me, 30 days or so (28th nov) when my pc mobo died. I'm now using a spare but i7-4790 with a gtx 740 (2gb) in it. Not great, but currently playing some old games to keep me going. How times have changed.

LDC

Have just had a week were I actually forgot I had a PC on order since the 28th October! :LOL:
Just wondering, if other better parts come out before the build does, will we be notified before the build?

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
Have just had a week were I actually forgot I had a PC on order since the 28th October! :LOL:
Just wondering, if other better parts come out before the build does, will we be notified before the build?
i do believe this happens in terms of a case, psu etc... not too sure about CPU and GPU though. i'd assume you're around 55 working days which isn't far off myself, i'm not going to be expecting any communication until im around 65-70 working days as that's when most builds are being completed from what i've seen at the moment..

builds with 5900x and 3080 in that is.

Reactions: LDC
i do believe this happens in terms of a case, psu etc... not too sure about CPU and GPU though. i'd assume you're around 55 working days which isn't far off myself, i'm not going to be expecting any communication until im around 65-70 working days as that's when most builds are being completed from what i've seen at the moment..

builds with 5900x and 3080 in that is.
I’m at 66 days, build was a 5800x and 3080. Ive swapped the cpu for a 3800xt for now and will upgrade that myself at a later date, as with both being in preorder queues, I could be in for a massively long wait unless I got lucky with both items coming into stock at the same time.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Due to changing to the 3090 I had to downgrade my cpu and mother massively.. (i5, 9600k and Asus z390 UD and down to 8Gb of Ram. At the time i didn't have the 600 to spend on the 3090 outright.. Like a week after that I came into some money and bought the (i9,10850k, and Asus Rog Strix Z490-G Mb and got some more ram too. So I need to add my new parts basically to improve my pc. So kinda scared won't lie
That makes absolutely no sense at all. 😲

Best of luck with it though.

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
I’m at 66 days, build was a 5800x and 3080. Ive swapped the cpu for a 3800xt for now and will upgrade that myself at a later date, as with both being in preorder queues, I could be in for a massively long wait unless I got lucky with both items coming into stock at the same time.
i'm holding on for the 5900x and the 3080 and will just wait for this build, i assume as i ordered 5900x on release literally 5minutes after it was released that i should be at the top of this queue now, its just the 3080 queue.

i have an old PC at the moment which performs for the games im playing, this just allows me to play games lift EFT and CoD.

i'm holding on for the 5900x and the 3080 and will just wait for this build, i assume as i ordered 5900x on release literally 5minutes after it was released that i should be at the top of this queue now, its just the 3080 queue.

i have an old PC at the moment which performs for the games im playing, this just allows me to play games lift EFT and CoD.
Looking through this thread, it’s seems it doesn’t seem to work like that.
I also ordered the cpu a couple of minutes after release, but it seems that if not all parts are in stock, the cpu or graphics are allocated to other orders as they have no storage space for the allocation to the oldest orders. Can only go off what’s been said in this forum, but could be in for a huge cycle of waiting for both to be in stock at the same time.
Based on that, this is why I swapped back to a cpu not in constraint.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My Pc gets delivered today and I'm bricking myself as I need to take it apart. This is my first pc so I have never done anything like this before so fingers crossed I don't mess this up.
All you should need to do is take the side panel off to remove any internal packing

Unfortunately, not. I have a new MB and CPU which I got from elsewhere due to PCS not having my Parts. I was growing inpatient at 64 days and just wanted it to come. So I changed from a 3080 to 3090 but I had to downgrade some things due to at the time not having the money to pump on the 3090 but also keep my original stuff. So I'm. Basically rocking the 3090, i3 core, 32Gb RGB PRO RAM, 2Tb Ssd and HDD, corsair H11i5 😂 thankfully I came into 2k a few days ago and ordered the I9-10850K Cpu and a better motherboard etc. So I need to take it all apart to install my new stuff..

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
Unfortunately, not. I have a new MB and CPU which I got from elsewhere due to PCS not having my Parts. I was growing inpatient at 64 days and just wanted it to come. So I changed from a 3080 to 3090 but I had to downgrade some things due to at the time not having the money to pump on the 3090 but also keep my original stuff. So I'm. Basically rocking the 3090, i3 core, 32Gb RGB PRO RAM, 2Tb Ssd and HDD, corsair H11i5 😂 thankfully I came into 2k a few days ago and ordered the I9-10850K Cpu and a better motherboard etc. So I need to take it all apart to install my new stuff..
Carrie, you do realize you could've just amended the order and sent PCS the components?

as far as i'm aware...

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
And in the process you'll end up with no warranty

I was not aware you could send in your own parts but it's too late now. My Pc comes today and I already have the new parts. I take it apart at my own risk I'm fully aware of that. But with any luck I can install my Board and Cpu and all is okay and get it all back to together with no problems. Doesn't stop me from bricking myself but there is plently of helpful guides out there that show you step by step how to build and take apart the Pc so I will just take it slow and steady and be careful as I go along.

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
I had some good news this morning , Im currently on my 20th pre-production ,and after changing my 3080 to 3090 ,got an email last week that the Estimated build time will be 31st of January and that theyll update me every 5 days for any changes.
Today I received an email saying that Now the current estimated build time is 20th of January ,Yeyy ! Hopefully it will stay at this date or sooner ,fingers crossed !