RTX 3080

MichaelJames249

Thanks for the message
After switching to a 3090 my estimated build date was today. Unfortunately it hasn't gone into build yet, PCS did say it was an estimate and not a guarantee so hopefully it will go in build soon..... Still wanna say thanks to the team at pcs who keeps working around the clock to ensure we can get our rigs asap, having been an essential worker through this pandemic I can empathise with how overwhelming things have been for all of us! Fingers crossed it will go into the building stage soon! :D
When did you switch and how long have you been waiting?

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
I just went to the configuration page to see if there are new stuff out of stock ,and boooy there are like 10 Pc cases left to choose from ;o ,also they've changed the approximate build time to 34-36 working days from i think it was 24 before.

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
I just went to the configuration page to see if there are new stuff out of stock ,and boooy there are like 10 Pc cases left to choose from ;o ,also they've changed the approximate build time to 34-36 working days from i think it was 24 before.
thing is many builds take 60+ days due to the supply issues so i'm guessing these builds bring the average up quite a bit

kozuki

Enthusiast
there's a whole bunch of stuff missing that's been picked out as the most popular here, not just the cases, maybe they started to build lots of builds with those at once and just updated the configurator? hopefully these parts are not having any stock problems and will be back soon

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
Here is an update from Nvidia and AMD (source is theverge.com)

"AMD tells The Verge it expects to sell more of its own reference design RX 6800, 6800 XT and RX 6900 XT cards on its own website in the first quarter of 2021 at their sticker prices, which should mean $579, $649 and $999 instead of inflated ones. But AMD is only committing to make them available “to as many gamers as possible,” which may not reassure buyers who felt AMD had a paper launch to begin with.

Nvidia, meanwhile, is now saying that supplies of its GPUs to both consumers and partners “will likely remain lean through Q1,” and we’re not even talking about the first quarter of the year — Nvidia’s fiscal Q1 doesn’t end until late April. That’s an awfully long wait."

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
My initial build date was 12/01/2021 and has now been moved to the 15th, im expecting maybe another week or so of delay before it goes in build and the estimates aren't guarantees, booked a week of holiday last week of january so really hoping i can get it by then!

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
I changed my order quite a bit to speed things along, but evidently not enough, as when it went into testing =/ it ran into problems. I think I've corrected those problems, but I'm concerned that means it's been sent to the back of the testing queue as I've not heard back in a few days. But it's good to hear of more people getting their systems :) Welcome to the PC world everyone (or welcome back?)

MarcusAurelius

I changed my order quite a bit to speed things along, but evidently not enough, as when it went into testing =/ it ran into problems. I think I've corrected those problems, but I'm concerned that means it's been sent to the back of the testing queue as I've not heard back in a few days. But it's good to hear of more people getting their systems :) Welcome to the PC world everyone (or welcome back?)
what exactly happens if testing goes wrong? Sorry just curious incase it happens to me

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
They figure out the problem and fix it :). But because they do that the testing phase obviously takes longer than it there’s no problems :)
In my case, I received an email that my PCI-E devices bandwidth was too little and I had to remove a PCI device. I nuked them and got a refund for the parts I removed. But after the confirmation of the removal I am now waiting. But "in testing" is a lot better looking than "Pre-processing." But I'm rapidly approaching that 50 day mark :S

In my case, I received an email that my PCI-E devices bandwidth was too little and I had to remove a PCI device. I nuked them and got a refund for the parts I removed. But after the confirmation of the removal I am now waiting. But "in testing" is a lot better looking than "Pre-processing." But I'm rapidly approaching that 50 day mark :S
I’m surprised that didn’t flag up on your original order as incompatible. Hopefully they’ve updated the system since :)

For the people with 3080 they are building 5th October just now and will be able to build up to the 12th with the stock that have. Well this is what I was told
Well, I ordered on the 5th of October, and yesterday was indeed the day I got the email saying MY PC WAS GOING INTO BUILD! So that information seems correct!

Good lord, the joy I felt upon reading that email. I let the feeling wash over me for several minutes.

Ordered: 5th October
Changed to AMD Ryzen 5600 on: 9th November
Order going into Build: 12th January
Current Time Elapsed: 72 working days

Problem Parts throughout the order:
"Normal" 3080
AMD Ryzen 5600
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-I motherboard

I see a lot of people on this thread have gone for a Ryzen 5900 or 5950 CPU, which I expect is probably the next most troublesome stocked component after the 3080. But I'm happy with going for a 5600, my PC is going to be used almost exclusively for VR gaming (on a Valve Index) so don't expect to be bottlenecked. Spent about £100 on VR games during the Steam winter sale in readiness, so am now SUPER excited to drown out the misery of the real world in Skyrim, City 17 and other VR wonderscapes!

Opted to go for a SFF case in the form of the Fractal Define S Nano - I figure no point in fancy RGB lights if I'm strapping a headset to my face!

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
They’ve only received stock to satisfy a weeks worth of orders?

Doesn’t sound promising for us November builds
according to nvidia their rtx series stock is going to be stale until April, meaning people who ordered in november - december could be in for a long wait