Unexpected low FPS

thebailers

Hey all,

I have been struggling with this for a few weeks now, I am experiencing unexpectedly low FPS in Warzone, given my spec - Ryzen 3800XT and Asus Tuf GeForce RTX 3080 (full spec below). My display is a 1440p 27GL850-B

In Warzone I get between 90-105 fps in full warzone, and about 110 - 120 in Rebirth island.

I have tried changes to the VRAM settings in adv_options:

VideoMemoryScale = 0.85
RendererWorkerCount = 7

Changing to:

VideoMemoryScale = 0.5
RendererWorkerCount = 8 (to match CPU cores)

I have also put all settings on low. Tweaked settings to Performance/High Performance in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Any help would be really appeciated.

Case
CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT Eight Core CPU (4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
1st Storage Drive
4TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Last edited:

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
I had a similar issue when I started using my 3080 with the G9, lucky if I got anywhere near 100fps!!

Turned out the monitor needed an update because of using the 3080 with it, it may be the same thing for your monitor, double check they haven't issued a small firmware update to unlock full potential of 3080.

As soon as I downloaded onto usb and updated G9 I'm happily getting over 200fps, if I knock everything to low it will max out the fps easily, but like I said it was by chance I seen about the update for those using the G9 with the 30 series cards

Worth a try

thebailers

That’s a great shout and definitely worth a try. Forgive my ignorance - I am new to PC gaming and hardware maintenance - how do I do a firmware update on the monitor?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Most are done via loading the firmware update onto a USB stick and then inserting into the monitor somewhere- however you are better searching for the instructions on the manufacturers website where you will get the firmware update from, if there is an update.

thebailers

Most are done via loading the firmware update onto a USB stick and then inserting into the monitor somewhere- however you are better searching for the instructions on the manufacturers website where you will get the firmware update from, if there is an update.
Thanks buddy

Bhuna50

Author Level
I'm not a desktop / monitor person, so dont want to say just try out the new monitor win 10 drivers from the manufacturers website :)

Im sure someone else will advise if its ok.

thebailers

Thanks for all your help guys. I checked Windows Update and no updates. I have gone round the houses with the On Screen Display software - I can't work out how to get the firmware to update. I have contacted LG, but from Reddit posts it seems they have been no help in the past - fingers crossed.

thebailers

No help from LG - didn’t even answer my question about the firmware version. Last night my FPS in Warzone was 55-80

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you enabled gsync on the monitor?

I don't think it's an issue with firmware otherwise it would be mainstream news and there's never been a suggestion of poor performance with that monitor.

Without gsync enabled it won't work the way it's supposed to without enabling vsync.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Do you have Afterburner? If not, could you install it and rivatuner to have a look at the GPU utilisation during these lows.

Obvious shouts are:

GPU to Monitor Cable - What are you using? Is it a DP cable?
Enable performance over optimal in the NVidia settings
Enable G-Sync in the NVidia settings
Disable V-Sync in the NVidia settings
Ensure all drivers are up to date and functioning correctly

If all that ends up a dead end, download 3Dmark and run a Firestrike test. Just to see where your GPU score lands.

thebailers

Have you enabled gsync on the monitor?

I don't think it's an issue with firmware otherwise it would be mainstream news and there's never been a suggestion of poor performance with that monitor.

Without gsync enabled it won't work the way it's supposed to without enabling vsync.
I have adaptive sync on - is that the same thing?

thebailers

Do you have Afterburner? If not, could you install it and rivatuner to have a look at the GPU utilisation during these lows.

Obvious shouts are:

GPU to Monitor Cable - What are you using? Is it a DP cable?
Enable performance over optimal in the NVidia settings
Enable G-Sync in the NVidia settings
Disable V-Sync in the NVidia settings
Ensure all drivers are up to date and functioning correctly

If all that ends up a dead end, download 3Dmark and run a Firestrike test. Just to see where your GPU score lands.
Are the attached any use or do you need me to install afterbuner/rivatuner?
Cable is DP cable that came with the monitor.
I also have a 4k screen dual screen via DP. Have tried playing the game with the other monitor unplugged.
Tried enabling performance, setting all to low
Disabled v-sync
G-sync - is that a monitor setting? Is it the same as adaptive sync? I have that enabled in the monitor settings
By all drivers - what other drivers do you mean? I have updated the Nvidia drivers

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 15.25.18.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 15.25.18.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 182
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 15.32.26 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 15.32.26 (1).jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 189
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 15.32.26.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 15.32.26.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 159
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 15.32.27.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 15.32.27.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 175

thebailers

I wonder if it's a sensor issue, display issue or just not enabled as, in the prior screenshot, the Frame Rate Target (FPS) is the same and displaying zero fps
What is the sensor a component of? Apologies for my ignorance, it's been years since I owned a PC, so I am learning again