5950x/3090... 6 BSOD's so far

GRABibus

It is a CPU problem, I am pretty sure.
Unfortunately, Ryzen 5000 has pointed bad binned CPU generating a lot of RMA to AMD.

a lot of threads on Reddit, AMD, overclock.net show exactly the Gimmles issues.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It is a CPU problem, I am pretty sure.
Unfortunately, Ryzen 5000 has pointed bad binned CPU generating a lot of RMA to AMD.

a lot of threads on Reddit, AMD, overclock.net show exactly the Gimmles issues.
It may be so, but it's curious that we have a number of people with different AMD models on different Asus motherboards all with the same problem presenting in the same way in the kernel dumps. I hope we eventually get to find out exactly what this issue is, but I'm not convinced we will....

GRABibus

If AMD doesn’t communicate on this (and this is the case), we will never know...

I received my PC this morning (5900x and Asus Crosshair VIII Hero) and will see if I get same issues, rapidly or in the next days.

I am not a PCS employee, I am not a moderator here, but PCS should maybe take into considerations these issues with Ryzen’s in order to adapt their stability tests specifically.
It is strange that the Gimmles PC was delivered with this issue.

do you know the number of people ordering at PCS rigs with Ryzen who got these issues and who RMA’d their PC ?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If AMD doesn’t communicate on this (and this is the case), we will never know...

I received my PC this morning (5900x and Asus Crosshair VIII Hero) and will see if I get same issues, rapidly or in the next days.
If you get BSODs please upload the kernel dump that results. Don't bother with any minidumps, they don't contain the necessary data structures. :)
I am not a PCS employee, I am not a moderator here, but PCS should maybe take into considerations these issues with Ryzen’s in order to adapt their stability tests specifically.
I'm not sure what not being a moderator has to do with the price of fish(?) but I'd hope that you're right here.
It is strange that the Gimmles PC was delivered with this issue.
It's strange that all of the builds I've been involved with were delivered with this issue.
do you know the number of people ordering at PCS rigs with Ryzen who got these issues and who RMA’d their PC ?
No, I have no insider information from PCS at all, and I don't work for them. I'm not even sure they'd make this kind of data public in any case.

GRABibus

If you get BSODs please upload the kernel dump that results. Don't bother with any minidumps, they don't contain the necessary data structures. :)

I'm not sure what not being a moderator has to do with the price of fish(?) but I'd hope that you're right here.

It's strange that all of the builds I've been involved with were delivered with this issue.

No, I have no insider information from PCS at all, and I don't work for them. I'm not even sure they'd make this kind of data public in any case.

for the fact to know if a lot of people who ordered at PCS with Ryzen for these issues, I was talking about the potential people who post on the forum such issues.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm not sure...really think hammering things needs to have, say, a hammer involved? As good as Memtest is, not convinced it's very good as a hammer ;)
Just as well really, because when the only tool you have is a hammer then everything looks like a nail...!

[pedantic mode on]
Test 13 in the series of 13 tests that Memtest does is called 'the hammer test' :p
[pedantic mode off]

Gimmles

Bronze Level Poster
Happy to report Memtest ran with 0 errors overnight! 🥳 Seems like the problems were all just some bad RAM. Strange, as that would mean more than one stick of RAM given to me was faulty, as I tried multiple RAM configs!

Of course, I'm still nervous- waiting for that next bluescreen, and if it does happen I'll be sure to report back! 😂

GRABibus

Happy to report Memtest ran with 0 errors overnight! 🥳 Seems like the problems were all just some bad RAM. Strange, as that would mean more than one stick of RAM given to me was faulty, as I tried multiple RAM configs!

Of course, I'm still nervous- waiting for that next bluescreen, and if it does happen I'll be sure to report back! 😂
Happy for you 👍👍

Gimmles

Bronze Level Poster
Hey folks, bad news. It happened again and now it's worse than ever. Bluescreened 6 times and got caught in a boot loop. Did a fresh re-install of windows as I thought maybe all the bluescreens had caused windows some problems.

I was wrong and now it's even worse than before, I am getting a lot of bluescreens all for this damn WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I am beginning to get fed up, I really thought the new RAM had done the trick, apparently not!

Croupier

Hey folks, bad news. It happened again and now it's worse than ever. Bluescreened 6 times and got caught in a boot loop. Did a fresh re-install of windows as I thought maybe all the bluescreens had caused windows some problems.

I was wrong and now it's even worse than before, I am getting a lot of bluescreens all for this damn WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I am beginning to get fed up, I really thought the new RAM had done the trick, apparently not!
I sent mine back on Tuesday (5950x and 3090 as well) as I was having similar issues. Difference between you and I was that not only was I getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD's I was getting CPU Over Temperature Error. I think mine has a faulty CPU Cooler which was pushing the temperature error and after reading a lot about problems other people are having on other forums I think that potentially I have 2 faults. The one you're experiencing and CPU Cooler. Maybe it was a bad batch as I think ours were built and shipped around the same time. I also tried moving RAM around and I had 2x16 3600MHz Corsair sticks lying around and tried to use 2 slots instead but to no avail - I really think it's the CPU.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Just to be sure, when you installed the GPU driver did you exclude the HDAudio driver as advised or use an older driver?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
@Gimmles and @Croupier - can you both please post on this thread (if appropriate)? I'm trying to find out how widespread this problem is. ATM it appears the customers (and PCS) are treating these issues as individual problems and my feeling is that all your problems are linked somehow - possibly related to some sort of (possibly timing) incompatibility either in the AMD CPU, the RAM or the motherboard.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
More:

I have no clue what is causing all this...however, this comment on the AMD thread "also, some motherboard builder seemingly started rolling out a new AGESA version that seems to help lots of people with same issues" makes me wonder if it's CPU or motherboard (no clue what an AGESA is though)
Me neither but I'll research it.

All the examples so far, bar one of your links, use Corsair Vengeance RAM. All are running it at 3600MHz.

The BSODs report a bus timing error. The CPUs are all AMD 5xxxx series, but different variants.

It looks like a timing problem somewhere......