RTX 3080

I ordered 5th October with a standard 3080 and an AMD 5600 CPU, which I suspect isn't as much a "problem" component as the higher ones in that CPU range, so I'm probably a good barometer for where the orders for "normal" 3080 orders are at. Mine went into building this week, around the 71/72 working day mark. I'll update this thread when it actually arrives.

I had to change the case to one which I personally think is very ugly (Fractal Define Nano S couldn't accomodate the 3080's thickness), but others here might like it as it seems to be a bit of an RGB light show.
My m8 in work has a order with a intel 10805k cpu and 3080 tried to convince him to go amd to no avail and hes on day 67 I think its more the gpu rather then cpu. 5900x are scarce would imagine 3080,s are like seeing bigfoot riding a unicorn using the holy grail as a helmet with proof aliens exist and the recipe for colonel sanders secret recipe of herbs and spices that makes chicken finger licking good

MichaelJames249

I'm on 43 days i7-10700k rtx3090.... nothing special in the build everything appears to be in stock and still in preproduction it appears they are clearing builds that are older like the October builds right now! Hoping to get my pc this month or early Feb but who knows :(

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
I'm on 43 days i7-10700k rtx3090.... nothing special in the build everything appears to be in stock and still in preproduction it appears they are clearing builds that are older like the October builds right now! Hoping to get my pc this month or early Feb but who knows :(
do you have the 850w psu?

Nethis

@ anyone with 850w psu on order, I have it ordered and my gf phoned up last week. Apparently they have had an order coming in on 11th jan (not sure if it did as phone call was before this) then another order for 5th Feb
No idea on incoming numbers but wouldn't upgrade to 1000w until we know how that plays out

MichaelJames249

@ anyone with 850w psu on order, I have it ordered and my gf phoned up last week. Apparently they have had an order coming in on 11th jan (not sure if it did as phone call was before this) then another order for 5th Feb
No idea on incoming numbers but wouldn't upgrade to 1000w until we know how that plays out
Interestingly enough it's actually my case that was out of stock have left the 850 on

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, it's the cases and PSUs that seem to be the biggest issue in terms of causing delays (assuming you're not on any of the pre-order items). I recently used that as an excuse to buy a slightly nicer case :D.

The Crosshair MOBA was also out of stock for a while but I believe they got an order of those today (according to Agent Cooper, one of the mods on here) and it's no longer greyed out on the configurator.

Last edited:

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
which Case you've got
CORSAIR 275R TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)

I'm not into the whole RGB lights thing so fairly boring case choices

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
CORSAIR 275R TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)

I'm not into the whole RGB lights thing so fairly boring case choices
as long as its in stock ....

Every time i open ''my orders'' i hallucinate that it will say ''In Building'' ;(

Gavras

Master Poster
not really relevant but nvidia has delayed the rtx 3080i indefinitely!
Being pedantic, the rumour, allegedly etc postponed.

I would imagine, someone has said do we want a an RTX 3050 TI / 3060 TI or 3080 Ti ...

The internet and press etc all go all gooey at the 3080 / 3090 but in reality most people do not or cannot pay more than £1k for a PC, which means shed loads of lower end cards.

Short of components to build cards... where do you assign those components.... yep not another pointless high end low sale card.

theo1612

Yikes, I've asked to cancel mine. Going to just get a new PC without the GPU and buy a 3080 myself...if I can find one that is. I still have a 1080 which should last me a few months at least, although at this rate it might be quicker to get a laptop with one of the new GPUs