RTX 3080

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Please note that due to the global supply issues our call centre is extremely busy at present and if you choose to call us the waiting times might be in excess of 1 hour.

As you will be aware, you placed your order with a product that was available on a pre-order basis (10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP).

The global supply situation from Nvidia is extremely tight, and Nvidia are only providing a small allocation to manufacturers each week. We currently have 1560 orders placed with us for computers featuring this product. Since December, we have only received 205 units and we are assembling all orders on a first come, first served basis.

We are doing everything we can to secure better supply, but the situation is not likely to improve anytime soon. Although Nvidia are not providing any official updates on supply, we are hearing rumours that supply might not free up until March 2021 or beyond.

There are a number of options available to you at this moment in time:

1. If you are happy to wait, we will supply your order in-line with your queue position as soon as we receive stock. You do not need to reply to this email or take any action.

2. You could amend your order to an alternative product of similar performance, however note that most competing products are also in very short supply.

3. You could amend your order to an entry level graphics card. This will allow us to complete your order and dispatch it to you. Then, at a later date once supply is more readily available you could purchase the product you originally ordered and sell on the entry level graphics card.

4. You could amend your order to have the order shipped without a graphics card. Then, at a later date once supply is more readily available you could purchase the product you originally ordered and fit this into the computer yourself.

5. You could cancel your order and receive a full refund. If you choose this option, please be mindful that you would lose your queue position.

Options 2 - 4 above can be done through your online account. You just need to login and select the option to amend your order.

We are very sorry about the supply situation right now, it is very frustrating for both you as our trusted customer and for us as a supplier. We feel that we are letting you down and it is not the customer experience that we normally provide.

Kind Regards
Thanks for posting this!

Just to confirm I too received this and not sure what to do yet -- I'm on about 37 days - ordered around 28th Nov. I have my old 1080 card from my dead pc... but TBH think I'm happy to wait as I don't know about the other items on the order (e.g. 5900x).

Keeping my spirits high!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I received the email also but replied asking what my queue position is before I decide how I move forward.

The email references a queue so surely they can tell you where you are, right?
Please read the stickies and familiarise yourself with the current circumstances.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I received the email also but replied asking what my queue position is before I decide how I move forward.

The email references a queue so surely they can tell you where you are, right?
Any queue mentioned is probably just the queue for this one part, then you have to join the main desktop building queue, which could have hundreds or thousands of other folk in front of you

kozuki

Enthusiast
It happened! My order arrived today! Standard 3080, ordered on 5th October - so 76 working days was my final record.

I'm letting it temperature acclimatise before I do anything... that was a general thing people on this thread said they were doing a while back, right?
Congrats! Generally you want to make sure there is no condensation from temperature changes, especially now in winter the box spent time in warehouse/van where it's colder than home temperatures

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It happened! My order arrived today! Standard 3080, ordered on 5th October - so 76 working days was my final record.

I'm letting it temperature acclimatise before I do anything... that was a general thing people on this thread said they were doing a while back, right?
Yeah, it’s worth just letting it ease up to room temp and let any condensation built up dissipate.

kozuki

Enthusiast

By the way, which 3080 did you get? Seems that lately there were mostly Zotac cards, but some people managed to get a Gigabyte vision OC variant too

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
By the way, which 3080 did you get? Seems that lately there were mostly Zotac cards, but some people managed to get a Gigabyte vision OC variant too
You can use GPUz to find out the exact model if it’s not stated clearly on the card itself.

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
Processed Date 14-12-2020
Pre-Production Date 18-12-2020
Build Date 20-01-2021
Test Date 20-01-2021
Awaiting Dispatch Date 20-01-2021

Its like one of those old Musket rifles ,takes forever to reload and then a second to shoot ,but when it does its perfection :)))

Last edited: