RTX 3080

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
Just start a post in the tech help section if you need a hand with anything.... fingers crossed it all goes smoothly though (y)
Ive already done the set up and started installing games so so far so good, also getting an hdmi 2.1 to get the best out of the 3090

Stacey

Hey :) new here and in the same boat regarding the 3080, I ordered my build on the 10th November, I'm now on 53 working days. The last communication I had with PCS was through email a couple weeks ago maybe ? They were letting me know that they weren't going to be getting any 3080 stock until March, so I shouldn't expect to see any developments with my build until then. Did everyone else get this update too? I just wondered because there seems to be some people ringing PCS regarding their 3080, but I'm confused as to why when we're all having to wait until March?

Edit: I was also told they have 0 30xx series cards in stock right now, and the only swap they could offer would be the 2060, which is kind of depressing but not surprising given the current situation atm.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Hey :) new here and in the same boat regarding the 3080, I ordered my build on the 10th November, I'm now on 53 working days. The last communication I had with PCS was through email a couple weeks ago maybe ? They were letting me know that they weren't going to be getting any 3080 stock until March, so I shouldn't expect to see any developments with my build until then. Did everyone else get this update too? I just wondered because there seems to be some people ringing PCS regarding their 3080, but I'm confused as to why when we're all having to wait until March?

Edit: I was also told they have 0 30xx series cards in stock right now, and the only swap they could offer would be the 2060, which is kind of depressing but not surprising given the current situation atm.
I got that update and my build is now on 71 working days. We’re having to wait until March and possibly later due to the constraints on the 30 series cards, it’s almost impossible to find any anywhere at the moment unless you’re willing to pay massively inflated prices from eBay. I’ve tried signing up to stock alerts but every time 3080 pings they are already gone, except from the version that are 1k plus, which I’m not willing to pay.

To be honest at this point it seems pointless contacting them to discuss 3080 unless you’re asking to downgrade or ship without it, if anyone is willing to go to 3060ti, 3070 or 3090 you have more of a chance by signing up to stock alerts there are multiple restocks a day with them but 3080s seem to have a couple a week at max and if you ever get a notification for Currys I wouldn’t even bother, as they are gone before the website loads up :ROFLMAO:

kozuki

Enthusiast
weird, 74 days here, no update about March or anything similar
just realised, that probably I already have a 3080 allocated as people with same or +-1 day of ordering already had their builds done, but they had intel CPUs, so mine's just waiting on a 5900X?

dieselnut

just realised, that probably I already have a 3080 allocated as people with same or +-1 day of ordering already had their builds done, but they had intel CPUs, so mine's just waiting on a 5900X?
Fingers crossed for you! Just hit the 40 day mark myself, hopeful someone makes a mistake and sends a full van-load of cards direct to PCS rather than Currys!

Mine was dispacted today at 80 days with a 3080 and a 5900x so I suspect you won't be long behind me. I would recommend sending them an email. I sent them an email and my computer went into building the next day, might have been coincidence but either way it doesn't hurt to get some communication on your order.

im only 10 days in :(
shining meme (wecompress.com).jpg

Last edited:

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster
I don't get how there are people with 60 TO 80 days still waiting on 5900x when the release day was 5th Nov?