RTX 3080

Just an update from me... After receiving the email about the 3080's I decided on friday to REMOVE it from my order and go with NO GPU and for now I'll put in my 1080 from my dead pc (I "think" the gpu is ok...hope so)... Anyway, this morning I got an email that it went into building, tested, QCd and ready for dispatch - all in one day.

Production Dates
Processed Date28-11-2020
Pre-Production Date04-12-2020
Build Date25-01-2021
Test Date25-01-2021
Awaiting Dispatch Date25-01-2021

I really hope it's OK, as I thought it took a few days for the testing.

CaseCORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Delivery before Xmas not guaranteed)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
1st Storage Drive2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Hopefully should have it for the weekend...
Enjoy. Just goes to show how lack of GPU's is holding everything up. It's no wonder the secondhand market is booming

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Enjoy. Just goes to show how lack of GPU's is holding everything up. It's no wonder the secondhand market is booming
Thanks, yea, I thought I might be waiting a little longer for the 5900x or the 1000w psu - if my 1080 is ok, at least I could get the pc set up ready for a 3080 in x months.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks, yea, I thought I might be waiting a little longer for the 5900x or the 1000w psu - if my 1080 is ok, at least I could get the pc set up ready for a 3080 in x months.
How did you get a 5900X when I ordered a good 10 days before you and went into pre-production on the 19th November. This is really annoying me now. How do they work their system. That is at least two of us that you have some how managed to jump ahead. Your not the only one, some when else got a 5900X when only on 32 pre-production days when people with 40+ were still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harag

Gold Level Poster
How did you get a 5900X when I ordered a good 10 days before you and went into pre-production on the 19th November. This is really pissing me off now. How the hell they work their system. That is at least two of us that you have some how managed to jump ahead. Your not the only one, some when else got a 5900X when only on 32 pre-production days when people with 40+ were still waiting.
That's a very good question, but unfortunately I can't answer it. It will probably depend on the rest of the system you have, e.g. PSU, MoBo and if they are in stock or not, if you're still waiting for a 3080 /70/90 card, then that is the reason.

How did you get a 5900X when I ordered a good 10 days before you and went into pre-production on the 19th November. This is really annoying me now. How the hell they work their system. That is at least two of us that you have some how managed to jump ahead. Your not the only one, some when else got a 5900X when only on 32 pre-production days when people with 40+ were still waiting.
Contact PCS there might be something else in your build they’re waiting on stock for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Doesn’t mean they have all the stuff in now. People higher up in the queue may have amended orders for those stock since then or a delivery they were expecting hasn’t shown up.
I got told last Wednesday that if I switched to the 5800X that my build would start the next day. I only held off as they said they were getting the 5900Xs on Saturday. That delivery didn’t turn up but around 55-65 came today and another 40 due tomorrow.

I got told last Wednesday that if I switched to the 5800X that my build would start the next day. I only held off as they said they were getting the 5900Xs on Saturday. That delivery didn’t turn up but around 55-65 came today and another 40 due tomorrow.
Contact PCS then and point them to this thread that people are getting builds before you if they said that on Wednesday. They’ll be able to say what the reason is and if it is an oversight or something wrong in the system they hopefully will rectify it :).

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Contact PCS then and point them to this thread that people are getting builds before you if they said that on Wednesday. They’ll be able to say what the reason is and if it is an oversight or something wrong in the system they hopefully will rectify it :).
When the guy on 32 days pre-production time got one in front I rang up which was on last Wednesday and complained. I was then told I was near the front to get the next batch when they came. Which turns out was today. I got off the phone with them around 18:30 UK time to be told they had more coming tomorrow and another 80+ before the end of the month. So decided against dropping to the 5800X but after seeing that it has made me so mad. I am not angry at the guy that got it and sorry if it came across as that. I am angry with PCS for just not even following their system and just the total lack of communication/ honest communication.

When the guy on 32 days pre-production time got one in front I rang up which was on last Wednesday and complained. I was then told I was near the front to get the next batch when they came. Which turns out was today. I got off the phone with them around 18:30 UK time to be told they had more coming tomorrow and another 80+ before the end of the month. So decided against dropping to the 5800X but after seeing that it has made me so mad. I am not angry at the guy that got it and sorry if it came across as that. I am angry with PCS for just not even following their system and just the total lack of communication/ honest communication.
Fully understand that. Best way is to show this to PCS and figure out what the issue is that's causing the hold up. Whenever its something with their system or something else and if they do have staff given out incorrect information they need to know so they can rectify it :)

Don't worry i'm not moaning at you, just trying to think of the best way you can get your PC as fast as possible. (appreciate we all need a rant every now and then when frustrated tho :) )

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Fully understand that. Best way is to show this to PCS and figure out what the issue is that's causing the hold up. Whenever its something with their system or something else and if they do have staff given out incorrect information they need to know so they can rectify it :)

Don't worry i'm not moaning at you, just trying to think of the best way you can get your PC as fast as possible. (appreciate we all need a rant every now and then when frustrated tho :) )
Yeah I know your not moaning, was more aimed at the guy that posted he got the 5900X. I just want some consistency at PCS. There is a guy in the 5900X-5950X thread that is missing a 6800XT yet ordered on release of it. So did I and mine was allocated on the 22/23rd of December so his should have been around that time or just after but definitely first batch. Yet today he has still not had one allocated yet.

Masty

After a few days of using the new pc I’d highly recommend waiting until it finally comes nothing but smooth gameplay at 1440p looks unreal

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
After a few days of using the new pc I’d highly recommend waiting until it finally comes nothing but smooth gameplay at 1440p looks unreal
3080 would not be recommended for 1440p as it’s overpowered and there’s a lot of headroom which will be bottlenecked by the monitor.
Waste of a good gpu really.

Unless you're playing competitively on a 240Hz 1440p monitor of course.

Rojo88

Unless you use RAY TRACING on new games. cyber punk !. Or want to play warzone at 1440p 144hz (I know its getting dlss support). There isnt even normal size 4k high refresh monitors out yet sooo.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Unless you use RAY TRACING on new games. cyber punk !. Or want to play warzone at 1440p 144hz (I know its getting dlss support). There isnt even normal size 4k high refresh monitors out yet sooo.
No, you just optimise the games.

3080 at 1440p doesn’t make sense period.

3070 has you covered at 1440p.

cyberpunk just isn’t ready for market yet, I personally wouldn’t bother playing it until they fix it. There’s zero sense in speccing a card to play a broken game.

warzone runs absolutely fine on a 3070. 3080 is not going to improve it on a 1440p monitor.

Last edited:

Rojo88

What about rdr2, any ac game or other games that you want you want to use Ray tracing. Extra vram ? And what monitor would you use for 4k ?