Hello :)

KippleKat

Enthusiast
I thought I should do the proper forum thing of introducing myself on here.

I've just bought my second PC from PCS, before that my computers were all broken second hand repair it yourself jobs from eBay or ones that displayed green text on a black screen 😂

I used to find it very interesting collecting PC components and putting them together to make a computer, I did that for a while along with buying up broken XBox consoles with a friend and repairing those if we could get the parts cheap enough. Who else likes taking things apart to see what makes it tick?
I can't say I have the same passion for DIY and flatpack furniture. I have a funny story about how I once built a coffee table with the legs on the wrong side...

Sadly I moved away from hardware into software via work and haven't really looked inside of a computer case properly since I got my new one last week. When you'd have heard me say "Bloody hell is that how small a hard drive is now?!" 😅

I'm interested in computing hardware and software and I'm learning a bit through these forums which is helpful and keeping me up-to-date on what's 'on trend'.
Aside from computers I also like walking, reading a lot(I have a read one book a month challenge going with myself), photography and keeping chickens. I have 5 pure breed hens, so when I'm not sat at a computer all day I'm outside in Cluckingham palace :cool:

Attachments

• 126832405_10158952049552640_606565989537473337_n.jpg
    126832405_10158952049552640_606565989537473337_n.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 159

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I thought I should do the proper forum thing of introducing myself on here.

I've just bought my second PC from PCS, before that my computers were all broken second hand repair it yourself jobs from eBay or ones that displayed green text on a black screen 😂

I used to find it very interesting collecting PC components and putting them together to make a computer, I did that for a while along with buying up broken XBox consoles with a friend and repairing those if we could get the parts cheap enough. Who else likes taking things apart to see what makes it tick?
I can't say I have the same passion for DIY and flatpack furniture. I have a funny story about how I once built a coffee table with the legs on the wrong side...

Sadly I moved away from hardware into software via work and haven't really looked inside of a computer case properly since I got my new one last week. When you'd have heard me say "Bloody hell is that how small a hard drive is now?!" 😅

I'm interested in computing hardware and software and I'm learning a bit through these forums which is helpful and keeping me up-to-date on what's 'on trend'.
Aside from computers I also like walking, reading a lot(I have a read one book a month challenge going with myself), photography and keeping chickens. I have 5 pure breed hens, so when I'm not sat at a computer all day I'm outside in Cluckingham palace :cool:

That is one gorgeous chicken... are they friendly? Like do they like and know you? Accepting of cuddles?

DIY more often than not provide you with small instructions that don't always mean much so you accidentally break it and are forced to by a new one.

I've never been the type of open something up and see how it ticks, though my wife would be more so. Like my car, I know how it works (essentially) and can drive whatever vehicle you like, but I've no interest in really knowing. Turn the key, put foot down and go.

This is a good forum for getting yourself reeducated regards PC hardware. It normally takes me a month to get some form of a basic idea as I rarely keep up with these sort of things. Though I'm determined to be around for the next PCS PC Giveaway....

Nice write up though. Keep the chicken pics coming.

Stephen M

Author Level
Hi
I enjoy working on things as well. It is good PCS have an open case policy as have changed or upgraded drives in most of my machines, plus regular cleaning helps prolong machine life and as long as we are careful can do all that, saving bills for simple after care.

Chickens look good. My uncle used to keep chucks and was great to have really good eggs, it is not just that battery farming chickens is cruel, I am a traditionalist who likes the yolk to be a different colour to the white.

KippleKat

Enthusiast
That is one gorgeous chicken... are they friendly? Like do they like and know you? Accepting of cuddles?

DIY more often than not provide you with small instructions that don't always mean much so you accidentally break it and are forced to by a new one.

I've never been the type of open something up and see how it ticks, though my wife would be more so. Like my car, I know how it works (essentially) and can drive whatever vehicle you like, but I've no interest in really knowing. Turn the key, put foot down and go.

This is a good forum for getting yourself reeducated regards PC hardware. It normally takes me a month to get some form of a basic idea as I rarely keep up with these sort of things. Though I'm determined to be around for the next PCS PC Giveaway....

Nice write up though. Keep the chicken pics coming.
Thanks! They are mostly house trained through the medium of treats 😅 They ignore the other half as he doesn't bring them many snacks but go crazy if they see me at the window. I'm too soft :ROFLMAO:

DIY is like hell to me, I really like written instructions but all you get are badly printed pictures now! 😫

They're good for the eggs and chasing unwanted cats out of the garden, my cat barely steps a foot outside anymore!

Hi
I enjoy working on things as well. It is good PCS have an open case policy as have changed or upgraded drives in most of my machines, plus regular cleaning helps prolong machine life and as long as we are careful can do all that, saving bills for simple after care.

Chickens look good. My uncle used to keep chucks and was great to have really good eggs, it is not just that battery farming chickens is cruel, I am a traditionalist who likes the yolk to be a different colour to the white.
Yep the open case policy is good, it's nice to know I can upgrade specific parts as and when I need to. The cleaning part is definitely important, dust gets everywhere and doesn't go well inside a case!

Nothing beats fresh eggs, though we've worked out our eggs are incredibly expensive if we take into account all their special organic food and treats etc. They are fun to look after and forces us to get outside a lot more, the perks of having always worked from home means I can keep a close eye on them.

If there's a demand for chicken photos then I'm more than happy to supply them :D

Attachments

• 123504421_10158901660762640_4667197066563368449_o.jpg
    123504421_10158901660762640_4667197066563368449_o.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 176

Sirius2188

Hi everyone I'm Sirius2188 which is my gamer tag I've been a computer nerd for a very long time (first computer a Sinclair ZX80 :ROFLMAO:
Needless to say things have changed beyond anything I could have imagined at that tender age.

I placed my first order with PCS after hearing good things just before Xmas and currently in the pre production phase 34 days at present
I'm pleased that I have been able to speak to customer services and get updates and generally not waiting for too long on the phone.

I'm still into gaming although not as quick or sharp as I was, I'm also into photography and aerial drone footage (4K) hence the upgrade

I hope everyone is keeping safe during these difficult times :)

Stephen M

Author Level
I love the diversity of people and topics on here. Odd to think there are still those who think computer people are all geeks who do little else other than talk about mobos, RAM etc.

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I love the diversity of people and topics on here. Odd to think there are still those who think computer people are all geeks who do little else other than talk about mobos, RAM etc.

I'm 44, so those around my age will appreciate the fact that saying you played computer games back in the day would more often than not have got you labelled with the "geek" badge - especially so with the ladies.

These days it different. Both my lads 16 and 14 play games and they've gamer girls who they are friends with a play games/in a clan with on a much higher number than what it ever was even compared to 10-15 years ago - which I think is great to see.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm 44, so those around my age will appreciate the fact that saying you played computer games back in the day would more often than not have got you labelled with the "geek" badge - especially so with the ladies.

These days it different. Both my lads 16 and 14 play games and they've gamer girls who they are friends with a play games/in a clan with on a much higher number than what it ever was even compared to 10-15 years ago - which I think is great to see.
Because of the stigma associated with being a gamer and techy back in the 90's, and before, I actually did my very best to hide it from the world, and myself until I was about 30 and realised I couldn't hide it anymore.

It was like coming out of a closet but admitting I was a geek through and through. I now shout it from the rooftops at every opportunity!

KippleKat

Enthusiast
OK I want to see a video of the chickens reaction when they get excited to see someone.
I haven't actually filmed them doing it before, it involves lots of high pitched bird screaming noises and running. They're in their own lockdown at the moment and can't get out of their covered chicken run due to avian influenza outbreaks in the UK at the moment. DEFRAS orders. When they are allowed out again, hopefully the end of March I'll have to try and film them running to the back door for food. 😅 Slow mo is usually the funniest way to watch them.

Hi everyone I'm Sirius2188 which is my gamer tag I've been a computer nerd for a very long time (first computer a Sinclair ZX80 :ROFLMAO:
Needless to say things have changed beyond anything I could have imagined at that tender age.

I placed my first order with PCS after hearing good things just before Xmas and currently in the pre production phase 34 days at present
I'm pleased that I have been able to speak to customer services and get updates and generally not waiting for too long on the phone.

I'm still into gaming although not as quick or sharp as I was, I'm also into photography and aerial drone footage (4K) hence the upgrade

I hope everyone is keeping safe during these difficult times :)
Welcome! Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer for your new computer. :)

I'm still a massive geek, I'm someone who creates spreadsheets for 'fun' and like to know how everything works 😅 Geeks just diversify their portfolios nowadays into other things, like chickens!

Because of the stigma associated with being a gamer and techy back in the 90's, and before, I actually did my very best to hide it from the world, and myself until I was about 30 and realised I couldn't hide it anymore.

It was like coming out of a closet but admitting I was a geek through and through. I now shout it from the rooftops at every opportunity!
When I was 12 I was the only girl in the entire school that wanted to join the engineering club. The teacher running it was so shocked he asked me if I wanted to do separate activities to the boys in case I couldn't understand/keep up :sneaky: There were lots of jokes and the boys didn't know how to talk to me, but I soon broke the ice with the CAD project we worked on where we were asked to make door knobs out of wood and I spelt knob wrong 😆