RTX 3080

Stephen M

Author Level
Old PC has given us the ghost now after months on life support - will be hitting desperation mode soon

86 days in - Standard 3080, 10700k

Soon...
How bad is your old PC, this will not be much use for gaming but there are lightweight Linux distros like Antix which are designed to be less resource hungry and run on older machines. Would at least give you general PC stuff.

download (19).jpeg

Defaulttv

How bad is your old PC, this will not be much use for gaming but there are lightweight Linux distros like Antix which are designed to be less resource hungry and run on older machines. Would at least give you general PC stuff.
Ah unfortunately, the hardware is shot completely - Motherboard was on its last legs and the GFX card just died. Lasted a good 7 years now since my last delivery from PCS though, with pretty intense use. Can't complain.

Stephen M

Author Level
No chance then. While most on here know how pro 'nix I am even I have to admit the difference between Linux and Lazarus. Raising mobos from the dead is outside my remit:)

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
PCS Look to have obtained absolutely bare minimum stock in the last month to 6 weeks..

in December orders were between 70-80 working days before going into building... this looks like its moved to 90-100+ days..

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Yeah I was about to say Chinese New Year would have brought production to a complete stop for at least a week, if not longer, as some factories close for 4 weeks to celebrate!

What is worrying though is when I spoke to support they said they are still working on orders for 3080s dated 5th October, but @Ghosthud said previously that they were working on orders between 10th - 15th October.

DavidEdwards461

Dear gentlefolk just lay back and chill, grab a cool one and think positive thoughts, day 74 still chilling, we have enough stress to deal with in real life, COD, GTA V, Cyberpunk 2077, ARK, Assasins Creed in all it's forms will still be waiting for you. :cool: 🍻🍻🥂🥂🍺🍺:cool:

PCS Look to have obtained absolutely bare minimum stock in the last month to 6 weeks..

in December orders were between 70-80 working days before going into building... this looks like its moved to 90-100+ days..
Prob due to chinese new year that was feb 12 normally ramps down and ends last week of feb so I would not exspect any production to be high during this time same for the electronic drive industry uk italy and spain france and holland shut down for 2 weeks in august