SURVEY for AMD Ryzen users with FOUR RAM Cards

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X
GPU: RX 6900XT (XFX AMD Reference card)
RAM: X4 8GB Corsair vengeance 3600mhz currently running at 3466mhz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus crosshair hero Viii
BIOS: 2502 11/11/2020

No reported issues so far. Everything is running smoothly and quietly since I received it on 24/12/20

5900x on a asus B550f mobo with Corsair vengeance 4X 8gb 3600MHz. I forgot to post my test results here, it appears that my model of ram wasn't on the mobos manufacturers list of compatible ram, lower speeds were, but not my 3600MHz. Since lowering the clock speed in Bios it's been running smooth as butter

DMC

Received: 08-04-2021

Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X OC @4.4
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x16GB) no OC

Bios version: 3403 14/01/2021
win10 build 19041

No problem or crashes or freezes so far..........touch wood

ianjoyner

Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus (BIOS v2006)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 8Gb)

I received this build in January, the builders actually experienced stability issues when initially trying to use 4 x 8Gb sticks with a faster profile. However the build was stable when they supplied it with the above Corsair 3600 sticks. It ran stable for a few months, but I suddenly started experiencing crashes / lock ups a few months in.

The computer would pass memtest with any 2 sticks in, but fail with all 4. It has occasionally passed with all 4, but has never run for any length of time with stability. Lowering the speed to 3200 seemed to help with stability, but still had occasional crashes.

The only time I haven't seen crashes (yet!) is running only 2 sticks. I'm still working with the supplier to try to get to the bottom of it. Recently tried 4 new sticks of the same spec RAM and it wouldn't even boot, not sure if that was just unlucky with the supplied replacement. Considering swapping motherboard or CPU next.

With quite a lot of other reported issues running 4 sticks though, still wondering if there is a compatibility issue with the CPU/board/RAM combo rather than a specific fault with any of my items.

CaptainKristoff

Things have changed a little since I first posted, apparently I had a faulty motherboard.
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP

Are my specs, so look about the same as @ianjoyner ^^. Since getting the new mobo it seems better. I think. Looking on the AMD site a Ryzen 5, 5600X only supports RAM up to 3200Mhz, so I've lowered it down to that a few weeks back and it might now be fine. It's hard to tell. I didn't know (I'm new to PC gaming, and also assumed that PCS would send me a working PC out the box) that the CPU has a RAM speed limit too, but found running 2 sticks at 3600Mhz was usually fine for a bit, but 4 would crash to desktop immediately. Lowering it to 3200Mhz means I can have all 4 sticks in, but then it's hard to tell if the issues are now my PC or the games.

*For example, Cyberpunk runs flawlessly with the settings up high, no crashes, no problems.
*AC Valhalla is fine unless I pause it, then it'll crash to desktop at some point between about 20secs and 5mins, no pausing though, no problem.
*GTAV will crash to desktop after about 5mins (very occasionally crashing the whole PC so it restarts itself, but it's basically unplayable, Rockstar haven't been much use after I've followed their advice)
*F1 2020. Dirt 5, Star Wars Squadrons, Doom Eternal, Hitman 3 all run without issue
*Ori and the will of the Whisps, crashes after 5 mins, much like GTA.

I presume this isn't right, right? Is this pointing to a PC issue, like, is there a way some games may operate that means they are causing the problem where others aren't? Is this the place to ask this sort of question?

I received my PC on 24/12/2020

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Looking on the AMD site a Ryzen 5, 5600X only supports RAM up to 3200Mhz
Any x500 board only accepts native speeds up to 3200MHz, the rest is overclocked with DOCP.

Same with Intel only going up to 2993MHz, the rest is overclocked with XMP.

Any board will go above 4000MHz.

PhilGP

Silver Level Poster
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
ASUS® ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (4 x 8GB)
BIOS version: 3003 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 12/09/2019

No problems experienced.

B Poot

Bronze Level Poster
So, from reading the comments, my rough summary is that it appears that only Ryzen 7 5800x is happy with 4 sticks of RAM at 3600MHz. It seems most other AMD CPUs struggle, but possibly a BIOS update/settings change might fix it?
However, it looks like 4 sticks at lower frequencies are more stable.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
So, from reading the comments, my rough summary is that it appears that only Ryzen 7 5800x is happy with 4 sticks of RAM at 3600MHz. It seems most other AMD CPUs struggle, but possibly a BIOS update/settings change might fix it?
However, it looks like 4 sticks at lower frequencies are more stable.
It looks to me as though the main issue has been solved, probably by an updated AGESA/BIOS. We've seen only one issue in the whole month of June.

Because of that I am unsticking this thread. Users who want to comment can search for it.

Hello Paul

Bronze Level Poster
I'm still having issues, trying to get my RAM to work at a decent speed with 4 sticks in a Ryzen 5950X system; see here (go to the end of the thread) for an update, if you're interested!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm still having issues, trying to get my RAM to work at a decent speed with 4 sticks in a Ryzen 5950X system; see here (go to the end of the thread) for an update, if you're interested!
As stated in that thread, you're very out of date on the BIOS, would be worth calling PCS to get it updated.

carlos726811

R9 3900x
X570-F Board
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
RTX 3080.
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4021, 09/08/2021

No issues.

Fizzo

Bronze Level Poster
-R7 5800X
-Asus TUF X-570
-32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DD4 3200MHz (4x8GB)
-ZOTAC RTX 3080 (10gb)
- American Mega trend Inc. 4010 , 21/07/2021

A bit toasty sometimes but no real major issues :)