Hello

AlaSpu

Hi
I‘ve been a customer since 2009, but I am new to the forum so I thought I’d say hi.
I’m currently waiting for my new order which includes the RTX 3090 so I’m guessing I could be waiting for some time!
Looking forward to gaining knowledge from this site.
Hope everyone Is safe and well.
Take care
Al

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi
I‘ve been a customer since 2009, but I am new to the forum so I thought I’d say hi.
I’m currently waiting for my new order which includes the RTX 3090 so I’m guessing I could be waiting for some time!
Looking forward to gaining knowledge from this site.
Hope everyone Is safe and well.
Take care
Al
Welcome to the forum!

There is definitely a long wait for the 3090 but it's not as bad as the 3080, that's for sure! Whats your use for it if you don't mind me asking?

Also if you'd like to, you can post your build in Check This Spec! and all the clever people in here can make sure you're getting the best build for your money! If you do so they'll need info on the budget you have/ the most you'd like to spend, the monitor you're using (either make and model or resolution AND refresh rate) and the use for the PC!

I'm sure you'll learn lots, I've only been here about a week and already learnt tonnes!

Again, welcome to the forum, we hope you have a great time here and best of luck with your 3090 wait!
Junior

AlaSpu

Welcome to the forum!

There is definitely a long wait for the 3090 but it's not as bad as the 3080, that's for sure! Whats your use for it if you don't mind me asking?

Also if you'd like to, you can post your build in Check This Spec! and all the clever people in here can make sure you're getting the best build for your money! If you do so they'll need info on the budget you have/ the most you'd like to spend, the monitor you're using (either make and model or resolution AND refresh rate) and the use for the PC!

I'm sure you'll learn lots, I've only been here about a week and already learnt tonnes!

Again, welcome to the forum, we hope you have a great time here and best of luck with your 3090 wait!
Junior
Hi Junior
Sorry for late reply and thanks for your message and also tips.
As for my use of the 3090, I have to be honest and say it is purely an indulgence in so far that I was originally looking at the 3080 as I’m looking for a gaming machine, but I hit a milestone birthday recently and had some spare cash and just felt it would be great to get something truly high end. In the past I’ve had mid to high end, but I wanted to see what it’s like to go for it.
I will be interested to see how it runs MS Flight Sim 2020 for example.
It is quite possibly a sign of a mid life crisis though!
Thanks again for your message.
Cheers!
Al

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi Junior
Sorry for late reply and thanks for your message and also tips.
As for my use of the 3090, I have to be honest and say it is purely an indulgence in so far that I was originally looking at the 3080 as I’m looking for a gaming machine, but I hit a milestone birthday recently and had some spare cash and just felt it would be great to get something truly high end. In the past I’ve had mid to high end, but I wanted to see what it’s like to go for it.
I will be interested to see how it runs MS Flight Sim 2020 for example.
It is quite possibly a sign of a mid life crisis though!
Thanks again for your message.
Cheers!
Al

Congrats on the milestone! And that is quite an indlgence!

Realistically the 3090 is designed for 8K gaming so anything below that and it'll run like butter! (assuming all the other hardware is up to scratch too!)

If you're still looking for the ulitmate monitor to use on your ultimate PC, I think the only option, providing you have the space is a Samsung G9, it'll effectively feel like you're IN a plane cockpit with the size of it 😂

Enjoy the PC as I'm sure you will, and make sure you post some pictures when you get it in Show Off Your New Computer! I think we'd all love to see it!

AlaSpu

Congrats on the milestone! And that is quite an indlgence!

Realistically the 3090 is designed for 8K gaming so anything below that and it'll run like butter! (assuming all the other hardware is up to scratch too!)

If you're still looking for the ulitmate monitor to use on your ultimate PC, I think the only option, providing you have the space is a Samsung G9, it'll effectively feel like you're IN a plane cockpit with the size of it 😂

Enjoy the PC as I'm sure you will, and make sure you post some pictures when you get it in Show Off Your New Computer! I think we'd all love to see it!
Thanks Junior
In terms of monitor, I did look seriously at the G9, but I ultimately went for the Alienware 38 inch AW3821dw. I know it ”only” has a 144Hz refresh rate, but ... the 3 year warranty was appealing and the 3840 x 1600 resolution with Nvidia G-Sync Ultimate is so good even with my current machine (Titan-X 12 gb) that I felt I’m really happy at that standard.
The styling and ergonomics are also great and I’m so happy with it. But of course, I totally understand that there is always more and better out there, but I just felt that the Dell monitor was the one for me.
I‘d be very interested to hear your set up and what you have gone for, especially in terms of monitor.
Cheers!
Al

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks Junior
In terms of monitor, I did look seriously at the G9, but I ultimately went for the Alienware 38 inch AW3821dw. I know it ”only” has a 144Hz refresh rate, but ... the 3 year warranty was appealing and the 3840 x 1600 resolution with Nvidia G-Sync Ultimate is so good even with my current machine (Titan-X 12 gb) that I felt I’m really happy at that standard.
The styling and ergonomics are also great and I’m so happy with it. But of course, I totally understand that there is always more and better out there, but I just felt that the Dell monitor was the one for me.
I‘d be very interested to hear your set up and what you have gone for, especially in terms of monitor.
Cheers!
Al
Just had a look at that Ailenware monitor, it still looks like a great choice! I've heard from a few of the mods that a large percentage of the population just can't process anything above 120hz or so, so I'm sure 144hz will be perfectly fine! Honestly not a massive fan of the back design of the G9 and think a black one would look a lot better although the built-in LED ring is pretty cool. And yeah, if the Dell does the job for you then it's perfect!

In terms of my machine, I'm currently running an i7-8700 with a 2070, 16GB RAM, a 240GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. I specced the system before I knew what I knew now and made some schoolboy errors like 2400mhz RAM and going 2.5 Inch SSD instead of M.2. I'm sure they're things I'll change in due course, I'm just trying not to spend all my money at once!

Monitor wise, I'm a massive racing sim fan so wanted a triple monitor setup. I went for 3 BenQ GL2580H's which are just 1920x1080, 60hz monitors which weren't anything special, but got me the immersion I was looking for. Although that said, a 1440p 144hz primary monitor upgrade is iminent, I just can't decide if I go ultrawide or not. I uploaded some images to Imgur previously if you'd like to have a look, here

Junior

GeaFit

Bronze Level Poster
Nice indulgence mate and dead right. Sometimes you just want the best even if you dont need it. I have the Alienware 34 ultrawide and it's super, not brilliant on the blacks but ce la vie with IPS displays until we get mainstream microled.