I'm not a gamer..... Honest

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm sorting out my study and there was a random carousel left in one of the cupboards. I thought I might as well use it for a mini display. I've also put my entire collection into the various wardrobe space. It's quite something to see it all laid out like this. I have multiple versions of each, with at least 1 boxed/mint version of each too.

I'm always stating how much of a gamer I'm not but I know this completely suggests otherwise. Just thought a few of you might like a bit of nostalgia viewing (as well as obsession).

1rXxUYH.jpg

jSi3svN.jpg

CiZi6pb.jpg

RnPicUg.jpg

fJYl7Qq.jpg

GXS1Y2Y.jpg

DNRukGk.jpg

Uu1og2C.jpg

Ypo1V70.jpg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That is seriously impressive, I am green with envy! And my heart skipped a beat when I saw the Amiga 500.

Nice collection, Scott. Some real blasts from the past amongst the games, such as Road Rash and NBA Jam. I was slightly less enthused by seeing The Weakest Link PlayStation game in there though 😜

Have you still got a CRT TV somewhere so you can hook those old consoles up, should the urge strike?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That is seriously impressive, I am green with envy! And my heart skipped a beat when I saw the Amiga 500.

Nice collection, Scott. Some real blasts from the past amongst the games, such as Road Rash and NBA Jam. I was slightly less enthused by seeing The Weakest Link PlayStation game in there though 😜

Have you still got a CRT TV somewhere so you can hook those old consoles up, should the urge strike?

I've not done it as I have all the emulators for the older kit. Most things I would want to play work fine through retroarch. However, if I ever feel properly nostalgic I'll pick up one of these for a play...

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I've not done it as I have all the emulators for the older kit. Most things I would want to play work fine through retroarch.
Part of me quite fancies messing around with an emulator and playing some old favourites. But as I no longer own said games, it’s probably somewhat of a morally grey area...

Stephen M

Author Level
Unfortunately nearly all, possibly all, the sites that offer retro games are not exactly legal. Found one a while back offering Bad Day on the Midway but that was not legal, pity as it is a great game and the guys who own it would love to produce an updated version but do not have the cash.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Unfortunately nearly all, possibly all, the sites that offer retro games are not exactly legal. Found one a while back offering Bad Day on the Midway but that was not legal, pity as it is a great game and the guys who own it would love to produce an updated version but do not have the cash.
I’d love to play that game, it was allegedly going to be turned into a TV show directed by my hero David Lynch but never got off the ground.

Stephen M

Author Level
I’d love to play that game, it was allegedly going to be turned into a TV show directed by my hero David Lynch but never got off the ground.
The original was worked on by Jim Ludtke, his graphics were amazing. Have a look on ebay, there are a few legal second hand copies about. Just need to set up an XP machine and change screen resolution and it is fine.

Still think there is a slight chance of a new version. Had a good chat with the Cryptic Corporation, the Residents company, and they are very interested in it.

Of course, nothing is exactly normal in the land of the Residents. Two great lines come to mind, Simpsons creator Matt Groenig is a big fan and he wrote a book on the Residents with the line: "The truth about the Residents is there is no truth about the Residents."

When researching the book he was allowed to interview anyone at the Cryptic Corporation but was warned: "Everyone will lie to you at least twice."

They are a truth great band, art collective or whatever.

Stephen M

Author Level
The Residents supplies the soundtrack for Slow Bob in the Lower Dimensions, unfortunately only the pilot was made.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Man, you're on an absolute winner with that collection, especially if you've kept some copies Mint!

Definitely keep hold of all that, that'll be worth a fortune in a few years!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Curiosity got the better of me so I decided to give it a go. First attempt was pretty obvious.... RGB cable. Went back as far as feasible for this with the NES, I have a few Spectrums but there's no way I was digging any of them out their boxes.

BbeSWup.jpg

After the success with that I looked at the back of my TV and spotted the aerial connector....... My TV was top of the line back when I got it (last of the Panasonics) so I thought I would be lucky to have an analogue tuner on there..... well..... whadya know!

hp8qA65.jpg

And with just that little gem of knowledge it officially means that every console that I can think of, Amigas and the Spectrums, will all work just fine and dandy.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Man, you're on an absolute winner with that collection, especially if you've kept some copies Mint!

Definitely keep hold of all that, that'll be worth a fortune in a few years!

I am rather proud of it to be honest, and the timing of my investment was pretty good too (I started around 2003-2004/5).

Most of the boxes are a little rough now but I do have some off the shelf mint offerings. The ones of note are:

ZX Spectrum 48k
ZX Spectrum +2 James Bond Pack
NES
SNES
Megadrive II

As well as some of my more recent purchases:

Xbox Crystal (Console is modded but I have a whole crystal shell with mint box as well)
Xbox
PS2
PS3
PS3 Slim
PS4

They're all immaculate.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

Forgot about the weakest link comment.....

I didn't actually know I even had that game. When I was doing all my collecting someone in work offered me the PSOne for £20 with a couple of games. I said yes, with the intention of just adding it to my "pile". It was only when pulling the stuff out that I noticed the game in there :D

Harry potter was in with it too. I think the only PS1 games I owned were the original Tomb Raider Trilogy.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Nice!

I really liked the original Xbox but it was unplayable for me at first, that control pad was gargantuan. Fond memories of playing Knights of the Old Republic... when they released the S controller for those of us with smaller hands.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Nice!

I really liked the original Xbox but it was unplayable for me at first, that control pad was gargantuan. Fond memories of playing Knights of the Old Republic... when they released the S controller for those of us with smaller hands.

It's ironic, when the XB came out, the controller felt made for me. I remember it well..... however, having a brief go this eve I noticed that it actually felt big to me too. I've gotten so used to the XB360 controller style (Nvidia Shield Controller) and the PS4. This thing does feel big.

Not sure if it's obvious, but the crystal controllers were actually the smaller "slim" versions. I don't actually own any of the original large controllers.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was looking through my Amiga collection when sorting stuff out. I had a hobby A500+, A600 and A1200. All 3 of them have the fast RAM cards installed and at least the A1200 is an accelerator card. I also have at least one more accelerator card with fast RAM installed. I just had a quick look on eBay and these seem very sought after. I did well getting them at the time. I'm almost positive that I got the module cards in the computers when I bought them at decent prices (circa £50-£100 all inclusive).

slimbob

Enthusiast
Really impressive collection Scott! My gaming started with a Commodore Plus/4 (loved Fire Ant) , then Sega Megadrive, then SNES and lastly N64. I still play my SNES games using Byuu's BSNES v15 emulator (last version before he retired) made sure to donate £50 to him it is such good software! Your collection must be worth few bob have you seen how much old games go for now, retro gaming is getting more popular. As UBUYSA says it will only increase in value as time goes on :)