IONICO RTX3070 NVIDIA UPDATE - THROTTLESTOP

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 smoothly without any temperature issues happening, until yesterday. All I did, was just updating Nvidia Game Ready Driver to 30 March 2021 version (465.89v) And then game became unstable due to high CPU temperature. Game still works fine but I can't keep my eyes off from temperature stats because the game is started to making the CPU hotter than before. CPU Temps was like between 75 to 79 degree whilst gaming mode. Now it's reaching 90 degrees. I don't know why but as I share the screenshots you can see clearly game is using less amount usage of CPU yet making the CPU hotter. And the CPU temps never been higher than GPU temps. Now my CPU is hotter than the GPU surprisingly.
Back then: %58 CPU usage - 75~ degree
Now: %48~ CPU usage - 90~ degree
Is that any makes sense to you guys?

And with / without Throttlestop, results are the same. In fact, I don't see much difference while using Throttlestop. Moreover Throttlestop doesn't impact on my game. Even worse, undervolting makes my CPU hotter whilst TS is open in the background. But closing or opening TS doesn't make difference.

Things I've tried: TS Open: Power Limits = 35 or sometimes 45 or sometimes 60. In every scenario, I undervolted my CPU to -75mv to -100mv. The results are the same.
Restarted PC and this time TS is closed: PCS Control Center Gaming Mode, which is PL = 60 and the results is the same.
Last thing is closing PCS CC and making the TS only controller of my CPU and result is the same. Maybe even worse for a few degree up.
I've tried every scenario, Office Mode, Turbo Mode, Values on TS is changed but result never changed.

Red Dead Redemption 2 2021.03.29 - 00.46.04.04.mp4_000001599.jpg
Red Dead Redemption 2 2021.03.29 - 01.06.12.06.mp4_000001432.jpg
Screenshot (17.jpg

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 smoothly without any temperature issues happening, until yesterday. All I did, was just updating Nvidia Game Ready Driver to 30 March 2021 version (465.89v) And then game became unstable due to high CPU temperature. Game still works fine but I can't keep my eyes off from temperature stats because the game is started to making the CPU hotter than before. CPU Temps was like between 75 to 79 degree whilst gaming mode. Now it's reaching 90 degrees. I don't know why but as I share the screenshots you can see clearly game is using less amount usage of CPU yet making the CPU hotter. And the CPU temps never been higher than GPU temps. Now my CPU is hotter than the GPU surprisingly.
Back then: %58 CPU usage - 75~ degree
Now: %48~ CPU usage - 90~ degree
Is that any makes sense to you guys?

And with / without Throttlestop, results are the same. In fact, I don't see much difference while using Throttlestop. Moreover Throttlestop doesn't impact on my game. Even worse, undervolting makes my CPU hotter whilst TS is open in the background. But closing or opening TS doesn't make difference.

Things I've tried: TS Open: Power Limits = 35 or sometimes 45 or sometimes 60. In every scenario, I undervolted my CPU to -75mv to -100mv. The results are the same.
Restarted PC and this time TS is closed: PCS Control Center Gaming Mode, which is PL = 60 and the results is the same.
Last thing is closing PCS CC and making the TS only controller of my CPU and result is the same. Maybe even worse for a few degree up.
I've tried every scenario, Office Mode, Turbo Mode, Values on TS is changed but result never changed.

View attachment 24406View attachment 24407View attachment 24408
Well that's interesting. I did the Nvidia driver update yesterday before I noticed the CPU high temps. May or may not be connected to my problem? I need to change some settings anyway.

barlew

Godlike
Well that's interesting. I did the Nvidia driver update yesterday before I noticed the CPU high temps. May or may not be connected to my problem? I need to change some settings anyway.
Funnily enough I was thinking of your post when I read this.
Have you guys tried rolling back the drivers to see if the temps drop?

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Funnily enough I was thinking of your post when I read this.
Have you guys tried rolling back the drivers to see if the temps drop?
Just confirming my driver unsurprisingly is 465.89 as well.
As I already have other issues it may be cleaner for cenksenci to try?