What Type of Photographs Do You Take?

benji1867

If the TC was on it would certainly be f8 at best, the sun at Kleine-Brogel where this was shot would be an ideal location.
This one I do have exit for but was before I upgraded to the 6D2

Attachments

• ADFC5F1F-9834-400C-8C51-3113BEC24FAA.png
    ADFC5F1F-9834-400C-8C51-3113BEC24FAA.png
    351.6 KB · Views: 268

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
If the TC was on it would certainly be f8 at best, the sun at Kleine-Brogel where this was shot would be an ideal location.
This one I do have exit for but was before I upgraded to the 6D2
1/50? At 300mm? Holy Moly that's impressive tracking so!!!

benji1867

Sigh - my favourite aircraft of all time. What an amazing photo too. You have nailed the tracking again here to perfection..... :love:
Thanks very much. Benji1867 on Instagram if you’re on that platform if you wanna see some more.
We’re so lucky over here in Europe with the variety of aircraft/operators we get to see fairly regularly. I do love a spitfire, my favourite is MH434, a mark IXb based at Duxford
So as you see, I’m fairly serious with my photography so I need to nail my new pc for that.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Thanks very much. Benji1867 on Instagram if you’re on that platform if you wanna see some more.
We’re so lucky over here in Europe with the variety of aircraft/operators we get to see fairly regularly. I do love a spitfire, my favourite is MH434, a mark IXb based at Duxford
So as you see, I’m fairly serious with my photography so I need to nail my new pc for that.
Not so many of anything flying around Ireland lately - it seems the primary message here is that aviation is the root cause or our COVID-19 dramas and if it weren't for Evil foreign travel we would have be happier and probably have more kids, more money, less crime, less tax, bigger houses, red cars, etc. etc. :rolleyes:

The sound of a Merlin approaching at full tilt sends shivers down my spine - and always will I expect....

benji1867

Not so many of anything flying around Ireland lately - it seems the primary message here is that aviation is the root cause or our COVID-19 dramas and if it weren't for Evil foreign travel we would have be happier and probably have more kids, more money, less crime, less tax, bigger houses, red cars, etc. etc. :rolleyes:

The sound of a Merlin approaching at full tilt sends shivers down my spine - and always will I expect....
Hahaha I’m not sure what Boris’ narrative is, then again I’m not sure he’s sure either. Apologies, for some reason I thought you were American, sorry for that 😂.

Before all this drama I was meant to be visiting Casement to do a magazine piece with the Air Corps, unsurprisingly postponed but I assume it’ll get canned completely.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Hahaha I’m not sure what Boris’ narrative is, then again I’m not sure he’s sure either. Apologies, for some reason I thought you were American, sorry for that 😂.

Before all this drama I was meant to be visiting Casement to do a magazine piece with the Air Corps, unsurprisingly postponed but I assume it’ll get canned completely.
Technically, I am actually an Anglo-Irish-American! 😀 Born to Irish and American parents - so I have the little blue Book to go with my EU one!

Our Air Corps are getting a bit more organized lately with their PC-9’s. A step up from the Aerial Attack Box Kites previously!! 😀

I remember as a teen hearing this loud sound approaching - clearly multiple engines - I was thinking B-17? B-29? What could it be?

it was 4 Irish Military C-172’s in formation! 😀😀

benji1867

Technically, I am actually an Anglo-Irish-American! 😀 Born to Irish and American parents - so I have the little blue Book to go with my EU one!

Our Air Corps are getting a bit more organized lately with their PC-9’s. A step up from the Aerial Attack Box Kites previously!! 😀

I remember as a teen hearing this loud sound approaching - clearly multiple engines - I was thinking B-17? B-29? What could it be?

it was 4 Irish Military C-172’s in formation! 😀😀
That must have sounded like power, personified.

benji1867

Never did see an IAC C172 before they retired. Liked the CM170 Magisters and the Silver Swallows back in the day. Here’s on of the home team for you.

Attachments

• 6AF6C13E-1FEE-4FD5-81C5-A383DD6C3767.jpeg
    6AF6C13E-1FEE-4FD5-81C5-A383DD6C3767.jpeg
    757.7 KB · Views: 253

Bhuna50

Author Level
Excellent pictures @benji1867. Quite jealous. Would love a 100-400 L but unfortunately cant afford one...(well wife wont let me)..LOL was lucky to get the 24-105 F4L without telling her how much that was :D

Bigfoot

Grand Master
That is a Red Kite, taken on the Black Isle a few years ago. We get quite a few of them up here in north east Scotland.

benji1867

That’s awesome, would like to try some birding tbf, these are the only Eagles I’ve shot

Attachments

• EC3743BA-56FF-4719-B759-5724BEB97F58.jpeg
    EC3743BA-56FF-4719-B759-5724BEB97F58.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 245