intel i9 11900K reviews

• Thread starter Deleted member 41971
  • Start date

Ash_

Master Poster
Allegedly the Z590 boards are absolutely pointless also, B560 has almost identical capabilities. With the Z590 also costing i think £50 more than equivalent X570’s.

So other than the really budget builds, where AMD currently doesn’t compete (i5-11400F + B560), there is essentially no logical reason to go intel.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just did my homework on this one. I've held off as I knew fine well it was pointless but I always want to double down.

I fear the worst for 10nm from Intel now, genuinely. I totally get that using 10nm upscale is going to bring limitation..... but there should be a generational increase per nm rather than a decrease. See AMD, even their first attempt was a more efficient product.

Anyway. Please, do not recommend the 11900k. Even as a fan of Intel, please see past the love and use common sense for people's £.

When Jays2cents, a well noted Intel punter in my eyes, scoffs at the Intel offering..... while comparing it to the 5800x and not the appropriately priced 5900x (for damage limitation)..... you know things are serious. He couldn't help his memory caveats, although I disagree with his findings, but the general message means a unified front that intel=bad.... ill take that for now. Spend your money and recommend wisely people ☺

Ash_

Master Poster
Just did my homework on this one. I've held off as I knew fine well it was pointless but I always want to double down.

I fear the worst for 10nm from Intel now, genuinely. I totally get that using 10nm upscale is going to bring limitation..... but there should be a generational increase per nm rather than a decrease. See AMD, even their first attempt was a more efficient product.

Anyway. Please, do not recommend the 11900k. Even as a fan of Intel, please see past the love and use common sense for people's £.

When Jays2cents, a well noted Intel punter in my eyes, scoffs at the Intel offering..... while comparing it to the 5800x and not the appropriately priced 5900x (for damage limitation)..... you know things are serious. He couldn't help his memory caveats, although I disagree with his findings, but the general message means a unified front that intel=bad.... ill take that for now. Spend your money and recommend wisely people ☺
The Z590 is even worse. Offers almost no improvement over a B560 and that limited improvement, is generally locked behind overclocking, so you need to buy a K

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The Z590 is even worse. Offers almost no improvement over a B560 and that limited improvement, is generally locked behind overclocking, so you need to buy a K

Quite an articulate lad and put his points across well.

Now that I've done my bath time homework...... I don't know if the 3600 amd is the best value gaming rig now. I think that we may be at the end of the AMD twilight 🤔

If AMD announce that next gen is AM4 we have another 2 years of AMD superiority imo. If not, it's down to Intel for the end of the year to "bring it". To keep the fan base they need to share the socket roadmap though as they have clearly wet the bed of late.

bsun1511

I myself just bought an i911900k until my system goes into Testing which i then realised (after many kinds of research and forum surveys) that the i911900k is just not for me. it is a good CPU don't get me wrong but i would rather buy the 10th gen...anyway waiting for my 5900x

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Who the hell is Tommy B? I genuinely think my opinion carries more weight in the world than that absolute idiot.

Do you work for Intel? That goes so far against the outcome of everything I have seen so far that I can only imagine the psu on the AMD rig was ran off of a solar panel.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I myself just bought an i911900k until my system goes into Testing which i then realised (after many kinds of research and forum surveys) that the i911900k is just not for me. it is a good CPU don't get me wrong but i would rather buy the 10th gen...anyway waiting for my 5900x

Ahh... yes. That previous offering would be a shill in the biz 🤣🤣

Ash_

Master Poster
Quite an articulate lad and put his points across well.

Now that I've done my bath time homework...... I don't know if the 3600 amd is the best value gaming rig now. I think that we may be at the end of the AMD twilight 🤔

If AMD announce that next gen is AM4 we have another 2 years of AMD superiority imo. If not, it's down to Intel for the end of the year to "bring it". To keep the fan base they need to share the socket roadmap though as they have clearly wet the bed of late.
I was under the impression, zen4 changes socket unfortunately.

The 11400F with a decent B560 actually looks relatively strong, purely because of lack of a zen3 rival and i doubt that will change. So AMD’s budget title is a no longer the case. Plus, you can bet your life intel will push sales on i5’s, purely to try and stay relevant.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

The 11400F with a decent B560 actually looks relatively strong, purely because of lack of a zen3 rival and i doubt that will change. So AMD’s budget title is a no longer the case. Plus, you can bet your life intel will push sales on i5’s, purely to try and stay relevant.

I won't stick my eggs in the basket just yet. AMD still have the refresh ace in the hole to come, and previous generational support would suggest that an AM4 socket is possible....... even if limited.

The AM4 will take the 5950x + the refresh, so its not quite ready for the Swan song.... but lower table, unless amd throw an AM4 b550 bone.... its going to be team blue in the next 6 months.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

My guess on the next couple of years:

Apple will dominate in all out performance with Apple Silicon

AMD will dominate X86 by a long margin.

Microsoft will enter the marketplace with their ARM offerings.

Ponderings on if Qualcomm will enter the desktop space on ARM.

Intel will be relegated to entry level budget 1080p systems no longer supported by GPUs.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
My guess on the next couple of years:

Apple will dominate in all out performance with Apple Silicon

AMD will dominate X86 by a long margin.

Microsoft will enter the marketplace with their ARM offerings.

Ponderings on if Qualcomm will enter the desktop space on ARM.

Intel will be relegated to entry level budget 1080p systems no longer supported by GPUs.
I don't have a crystal ball but I genuinely hope you are wrong.

Apple, imo, will find a niche as they always do..... and exploit it. I don't think it will ever be generic mass throughput or even singular gaming.

If it is.... we will all need to ask for a raise.

AMD has been the consumer shining light. If Intel charged 5x more than AMD... Apple are gonna be 10x more than that.

Ash_

Master Poster
Apple will do as they always do and try and make their systems as locked as possible. Apple everything 🤣

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Lisa Su promised 5 years on the same socket when AM4 launched in Sept 2016. That 5 years is up this year, so AMD have been true to their word - but it will certainly be interesting if they stick with it.

They would want to be absolutely sure that it can handle future developments though - or it could quickly turn into an own goal if it limits them. Personally, I’ll be surprised if 5 a year old design can see them safely through another few years with the rate things are developing.....and I expect AM5 or whatever to come later in 2021.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
More quoting of Intel marketing hype and promises - without any actual objective testing or analysis? And written before the 11900K even launched?

Do you actually read these articles?

Honestly, I don’t understand what you’re at.....

Ash_

Master Poster
The thing that really gets me about the 11900K, is that it is pretty much... an overclocked 11700K. Why did they just not launch an i9

Ash_

Master Poster
i’ve only watched the first minute or so, but i can imagine what the rest will be about. This build here, is literally intels last stronghold. The 11400, with the Gigabyte B560 D3SH (i’ve used the B550 version and it is genuinely incredible price to performance).

D

Deleted member 17413

i’ve only watched the first minute or so, but i can imagine what the rest will be about. This build here, is literally intels last stronghold. The 11400, with the Gigabyte B560 D3SH (i’ve used the B550 version and it is genuinely incredible price to performance).

"This 11400 performs better than the 3600 AMD...."
You dont say, the AMD 3600 is over a year old and previous gen... Current gen, something like the 5600, wipes the floor with it :/

That video was fustrating, fustrating and annoying and misleading... I wonder what free kit Intel gave him for that "masterpiece" of youtube video...
(Sidenote - shopping at scan... if you fancy the 50/50 chance that it'll turn up broken or you -really- like having to fight with them to get your statutory right properly observed when something goes wrong... I highly recommend them (Never had a good experience with scan))

Ash_

Master Poster
11400 has no Zen3 rival, it is cheaper than the 3600 even now, that is why he compared them.