PCS Control Center

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Hello guys, I installed newer version of Control Center to 3.9.18.0 (Older was 3.1.6.0) But I'm not sure the stability of the new CC version is good with my current BIOS version. I've had to uninstall 3.9 and to go back to 3.1 but 3 or 4 minutes after reboot Windows, PCS Control Center's version is changing to 3.9 from 3.1 on the background. I think there is still some files remained in CC's so it is triggering to change automaticly and UI is changing to 3.9 aswell. Is there any clean uninstall for Control Center to go back to square one? In practic I don't see any harm to use 3.9 but due to older BIOS version, I don't have fully control of CC (for example undervolting the CPU, only new BIOS owners can do that with the new CC version). There is no point to use 3.9 as long as it is not allow me to use fully control.

Thanks in advice!

Attachments

• Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    68.2 KB · Views: 294

barlew

Godlike
Hello guys, I installed newer version of Control Center to 3.9.18.0 (Older was 3.1.6.0) But I'm not sure the stability of the new CC version is good with my current BIOS version. I've had to uninstall 3.9 and to go back to 3.1 but 3 or 4 minutes after reboot Windows, PCS Control Center's version is changing to 3.9 from 3.1 on the background. I think there is still some files remained in CC's so it is triggering to change automaticly and UI is changing to 3.9 aswell. Is there any clean uninstall for Control Center to go back to square one? In practic I don't see any harm to use 3.9 but due to older BIOS version, I don't have fully control of CC (for example undervolting the CPU, only new BIOS owners can do that with the new CC version). There is no point to use 3.9 as long as it is not allow me to use fully control.

Thanks in advice!
Did you receive this new version of control center from PCS or someone else?

barlew

Godlike
From someone else. But it's reliable. You can check @Macco26 shared a video about the new version of CC, but he has newer BIOS, i don't have.
You have no idea if it's reliable because it hasn't come from PCS. You have pointed out yourself it's not compatible with the configuration of your system. If its the version of CC I think it is it's for a different reseller.

If you are concerned the uninstall hasn't returned your system to how it should be I would do a full clean install of Windows.

Macco26

Expert

Thanks in advice!
I literally made a video yesterday detailing how to get rid of stuck CC. And btw PCS released an updated version of its CC. v23 vs v18. Feel free to use it. I won't as others said it blocks ability to vary PL limits in office mode. But at least is newer and.. supported. I'm fine with v18 whatever others say

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
I clean uninstalled CC v18 as @Macco26 mentioned in his youtube video and it worked. Then I downloaded PCS v23 from my download page of PCS web site. Installed, rebooted and guess what? CC totally BROKEN.
Can't select any mode, can't change the lights of keyboard, can't click fan boost, literally can't click nothing on the Control Center. Total blank some options. It's totally broken!

Attachments

• Screenshot (24).png
    Screenshot (24).png
    313.4 KB · Views: 333
  • Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    301.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    331 KB · Views: 362
  • Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    165.8 KB · Views: 338

barlew

Godlike
I clean uninstalled CC v18 as @Macco26 mentioned in his youtube video and it worked. Then I downloaded PCS v23 from my download page of PCS web site. Installed, rebooted and guess what? CC totally BROKEN.
Can't select any mode, can't change the lights of keyboard, can't click fan boost, literally can't click nothing on the Control Center. Total blank some options. It's totally broken!
Sounds like you shouldn't have installed an unverified third party CC to me.
If I were you I would do a full clean install of Windows and start again this time avoiding 3rd party software.

Macco26

Expert
Have you the latest PCS BIOS, that is 1.09 or more recent? Because I knew the latest CC works only with latest PCS BIOS. That includes the v23 from PCS itself, of course.
If that's the case, I don't understand why they publish in our accounts a CC v23 while not the required BIOS (which you have to email them to get).

Feel free to believe it's the v18 creating problems. But if you're still running the 1.07 BIOS or less, be prepared to not having PCS v23 working until you update your PCS BIOS, no matter how many fresh Windows install you do.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Have you the latest PCS BIOS, that is 1.09 or more recent? Because I knew the latest CC works only with latest PCS BIOS. That includes the v23 from PCS itself, of course.
If that's the case, I don't understand why they publish in our accounts a CC v23 while not the required BIOS (which you have to email them to get).

Feel free to believe it's the v18 creating problems. But if you're still running the 1.07 BIOS or less, be prepared to not having PCS v23 working until you update your PCS BIOS, no matter how many fresh Windows install you do.
I suspect that they don't publicly publish updated BIOSes because updating it without PCS authorisation is a warranty violation.

We all need to be VERY careful what we're advising users to do. It's clearly unhelpful to point users at a CC version that requires a BIOS update.

IMO it's also unhelpful (and potentially dangerous) to point users at any control software, drivers, or BIOS outside of PCS.