A Thank You to the Regulars - from a sort of new member...

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
A belated welcome to the forums then! :)

A pilot eh? Here's a true pilot story....

In the marina here during the winter we get a lot of liveaboards and we have a group barbecue every Sunday, it's the perfect way for new arrivals to meet everyone. One year we had a lovely Japanese guy and his wife turn up - he told us to call him Yoshi. He spoke English with a very strong Japanese accent, his wife spoke hardly any at all. We asked him what he did before he moved aboard his yacht (we ask everyone that) and he said "I'm pirate".

The hubbub of people chatting feel eerily silent and everyone looked at Yoshi. What he didn't know was that the winter before, an American flagged yacht that was booked in for that winter in our marina had been hijacked by Somali pirates and all four Americans aboard had been killed. We were pretty sensitive to piracy that year I can tell you.

The guy sitting opposite asked him again what he did. "I'm pirate" he replied, smiling. Somebody asked him what sort of pirate he was and he said "air-rine pirate". It turns out he used to fly 747s for JAL.
Ha ha! Love it!

I've updated my profile name to match because I love the cryptic nature of that one! :)

1618906712751.png

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Thank you for the official introduction. It’s been great having you around, and always entertaining watching your journeys through overclocking. I’m waiting for you to ascend to the next level as a cackling mad scientist! 😂
View attachment 25159
Now that it looks like my Undervolting appears to be a possible candidate for my system issues I have settled on my new avatar.

Captain Undervolt - Superhero to the Pointless Tweakers. Saviour of Underwhelming Results. Half way on my journey to full on mad scientist.

I think this will be satisfyingly and entirely confusing for anyone trying to link my name to my avatar now. Thank you all!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Captain Undervolt - Superhero to the Pointless Tweakers. Saviour of Underwhelming Results. Half way on my journey to full on mad scientist.
I like it. The most innovative superhero since Captain Hindsight 👍

D2C8E70C-BD0C-4ECB-97DD-6D10190867E1.gif

Are you going to go all the way and change your forum handle too?

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Are you going to go all the way and change your forum handle too?
You can only change your handle every 30 days I think. I need to settle into my Air-rine Pirate tag anyway so I'll leave it be.

I'm not liking the avatar now though. It's a bit too green for an Irishman. Might have to revert......or find an alternate....

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Right so - it took a while - but that will have to do - sums up both my personality (rather annoying) and my PC adventures in one image.

D

Deleted member 41971

i would actually prefer everytime I had a blue screen of death noddy popped up and made me feel better, it would make me feel, well less murderry, you know, little things like that.

D

Deleted member 41971

Why does the little green thing on my posts make him look censored? I'll have to change that...... 🤔

View attachment 25193

now that you mention it, the pose, look and green circle does make noddy look to cocky for my liking,

Is that any better? He should just look well fed now?

looks like noddy went to star in alien isolation and the green circle is his mutant baby, but less cocky,