FedEx being weird

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Delivery tracking is a strange thing really. Back in the good old days when it didn't exist you ordered something and got on with your life while you waited for whatever it was to show up.

If it didn't show up after a reasonable period of time, you'd call wherever it was and they'd say "No idea really, give it another week maybe" and back you'd go to your life again.

Tracking is a pain in the general bottom vicinity just because it exists in the first place in my view. Who cares if your package is in Watford or Inverness or Santorini or wherever? It's isn't in your hands and that fact doesn't change no matter what the current location or routing it might be taking.

I'm being a little unfair and facetious above of course - I know that - but do your best to try to not get annoyed at not being able to see something that you actually just don't need, and that will not make your delivery get to you any quicker by having it.

Your PC will arrive when it arrives and not a moment sooner regardless.
Back in the good old days we didn't have phones, computers, cars, planes (and much more) either, and life went on as well 😂. Now that in "these days" we got all of this, it's good thing to use the technology. You're using the tech either, that someone could judge "useless", but it isn't useless for you. Without the tech, you wouldn't be using this forum as well. Tracking is out there, just as you use WhatsApp on your phone or Telegram and so on. You might not need tracking or don't care about it, but I do. If an instrument has been made and has been given to you, it is your right to use it. Otherwise we could just revert our society and go back to the good old days where hunting was your main reason to live since there are so many things that can be judged "useless" or "not necessary", but they are, for someone else. :)

Last edited:

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Back in the good old days we didn't have phones, computers, cars, planes (and much more) either, and life went on as well 😂. Now that in "these days" we got al of this, it's good thing to use the technology. You're using the tech either, that someone could judge "useless", but it isn't useless for you. Without the tech, you wouldn't be using this forum as well. Tracking is out there, just as you use WhatsApp on your phone or Telegram and so on. You might not need tracking or don't care about it, but I do. If an instrument has been made and has been given to you, it is your right to use it. Otherwise we could just revert our society and go back to the good old days where hunting was your main reason to live since there are so many things that can be judged "useless" or "not necessary", but they are, for someone else. :)
Yes all true of course @AleTax - and I don't mean to dismiss it's value. It is handy when you can see a delivery is due for example - like Amazon these days where you can actually see where the driver is and know how long he'll be!

It's just that it also causes more anxiety than is healthy for some. A case perhaps where no information would be vastly better than bad information. If you didn't know anything at all you'd be happier than actually seeing that it is stuck in Hobart or wherever. That's all.

Whatever about the good old days - the other day while out walking I wanted to speak to a young person in their car and made the age old gesture to wind down their window. I'm lucky I didn't get arrested. :confused: What has the world come to?

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yes all true of course @AleTax - and I don't mean to dismiss it's value. It is handy when you can see a delivery is due for example - like Amazon these days where you can actually see where the driver is and know how long he'll be!

It's just that it also causes more anxiety than is healthy for some. A case perhaps where no information would be vastly better than bad information. If you didn't know anything at all you'd be happier than actually seeing that it is stuck in Hobart or wherever. That's all.

Whatever about the good old days - the other day while out walking I wanted to speak to a young person in their car and made the age old gesture to wind down their window. I'm lucky I didn't get arrested. :confused: What has the world come to?
I had some bad experiences with deliveries and a couple of times I was able to save my package thanks to tracking, that's why tracking is important to me. Also cause where I live, all the streets have been re named so sometimes it's hard for a courier to find my house (especially if it's first time they deliver and for FedEx it'll be). Each one of us needs something for a certain reason :). Don't get me wrong, I don't want to seem rude to you, especially after you read what I said about you on your last thread. I'm just trying to have a constructive conversation with you about this argument.

About your thing with the "window gesture", maybe you shouldn't have done that ahahahahaha. Nice profile picture btw with the BSOD 😂

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to seem rude to you, especially after you read what I said about you on your last thread. I'm just trying to have a constructive conversation with you about this argument.
Oh my goodness Mr @AleTax - there is no argument - and you are not being rude in any way, shape or form. Disgareement is always healthy. That's all there is here. And I don't even think there is all that much of that to be honest either!!!

My problem most likely is that I have ordered so much stuff online over the past year that I have no idea what is actually on the way. Every day the doorbell rings and the kids shout "Dad, it's for you again" and I know a van has just pulled up outside. :rolleyes: I couldn't watch the tracking if I wanted to!

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Oh my goodness Mr @AleTax - there is no argument - and you are not being rude in any way, shape or form. Disgareement is always healthy. That's all there is here. And I don't even think there is all that much of that to be honest either!!!

My problem most likely is that I have ordered so much stuff online over the past year that I have no idea what is actually on the way. Every day the doorbell rings and the kids shout "Dad, it's for you again" and I know a van has just pulled up outside. :rolleyes: I couldn't watch the tracking if I wanted to!
Just wanted to make that clear :)

Arsenal

Going to Ireland. Showing on TNT systems as clearing customs on Sunday. Ringing Fedex / TNT is a total waste of time.
Friday, April 16, 2021
12:33 PMDUBLIN IEClearance delay - Import
9:20 AMDUBLIN IEIn transitPackage available for clearance
5:56 AMDUBLIN IEAt destination sort facility
5:04 AMSTANSTED GBIn transit
4:54 AMSTANSTED GBIn transit
Thursday, April 15, 2021
4:37 PMSTANSTED GBIn transit
5:59 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRDeparted FedEx location
5:10 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
3:30 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRAt local FedEx facility
3:30 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
11:00 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
9:24 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRAt local FedEx facility
3:30 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
3:30 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRAt local FedEx facility
1:05 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
12:32 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
4:30 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRArrived at FedEx location
Monday, April 12, 2021
11:45 PMSTANSTED GBIn transit
9:22 PMSTANSTED GBIn transit
Saturday, April 10, 2021
11:05 AMBISHOPS STORTFORD GBLeft FedEx origin facility
4:03 AMDARTFORD GBIn transit
1:42 AMRIDGMONT GBLeft FedEx origin facility
12:49 AMRIDGMONT GBIn transit
Friday, April 9, 2021
3:38 PMRIDGMONT GBPicked up
4:17 AMRIDGMONT GBIn transit
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
9:57 PMLEEDS GBLeft FedEx origin facility
4:21 PMLEEDS GBPicked up
Thursday, April 1, 2021
1:01 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

Any idea why your shipment went from Stanstead to Paris and then back to Stanstead?

My shipment is currently doing the same and is also coming to Ireland with FedEx.

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
Mine left Manchester at 5am today (Wednesday) apparently and delivery to Bray Co. Wicklow scheduled for tomorrow. It will be strange if that indeed comes to pass and yet some of ye lads who's PCS orders shipped days and weeks ago have had your orders in FEDEX limbo for ages.

Last edited by a moderator:

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mine left Manchester at 5am today (Wednesday) apparently and delivery to Bray Co. Wicklow scheduled for tomorrow. It will be strange AF if that indeed comes to pass and yet some of ye lads who's PCS orders shipped days and weeks ago have had your orders in FEDEX limbo for ages.
Mine is still at Stansted airport. Shipped Friday 16th of April

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Mine left Manchester at 5am today (Wednesday) apparently and delivery to Bray Co. Wicklow scheduled for tomorrow. It will be strange AF if that indeed comes to pass and yet some of ye lads who's PCS orders shipped days and weeks ago have had your orders in FEDEX limbo for ages.
In the middle of a similar thread going on here back in February, my order shipped and took two days to get to my front door.

Sadly, the tracking details and actual delivery date for people seem to populate after someone in Fedex opens their Random Number Generator app on their system.

Arsenal

Yeah my order went from Stanstead to Charles de Gaulle, back to Stanstead and then on to Dublin. It's awaiting customs clearance in Dublin Airport now according to the FedEx tracking.

Only 4 days late so far. Hopefully it moves a bit faster now.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah my order went from Stanstead to Charles de Gaulle, back to Stanstead and then on to Dublin. It's awaiting customs clearance in Dublin Airport now according to the FedEx tracking.

Only 4 days late so far. Hopefully it moves a bit faster now.
My order is since yesterday at Charles de Gaulle. Fingers crossed man :)

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
Last tracking event for me was Stansted, GB at 10:52pm last night. FEDEX tracking said Scheduled delivery today by 6pm all day until after 6pm when it changed to 'End of Day'. Last tracking event still Stansted last night though.

8pm is probably their cut-off point. Either it comes in the next 30 minutes and all tracking events between Stansted and here update/appear all in one go......or it hasn't even hit nevermind cleared customs in Dublin yet and the 'Scheduled Delivery Estimate' is 'Aspirational' :D :D

Bigfoot

Grand Master
My order is since yesterday at Charles de Gaulle. Fingers crossed man :)
I think you are in Italy. I don’t think we have established the FedEx route for that country. For Ireland, there needs to be a trip to France, before coming back to the UK and then to Ireland. Who knows where your PC will travel on its route to you?

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think you are in Italy. I don’t think we have established the FedEx route for that country. For Ireland, there needs to be a trip to France, before coming back to the UK and then to Ireland. Who knows where your PC will travel on its route to you?
Route should be (from what I've learned on IT forum): London - Paris - Milan (customs) - local FedEx station for delivery