FedEx being weird

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
The Stansted->Charles deGaulle->Stansted->Dublin trip is likely an aberration in case anyone thinks thats the regular route. What likely happened to those Irish orders that made that detour, was that FEDEX had free cargo space in passenger flight cargo holds for Stansted to Paris and Paris to Dublin sooner than they had available space on direct passenger flights from Stansted to Dublin. However, when the PCS Irish orders arrived in Paris, Ireland had just added France to the Passenger Hotel Quarantine list and several Paris/Dublin passenger flights were probably cancelled with no cargo space available on the remaining Paris/Dublin flights for the cargo FEDEX had started to send by that route. Hence they had to pull that cargo back to the UK from Paris and wait for the usual direct Stansted/Dublin cargo space to be available.

My order coming later seemingly avoided that rigmarole and made the direct trip from Stansted to Dublin.

Last edited:

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
Friday, April 23, 2021
10:40 AM DUBLIN IEInternational shipment release - Import

Scheduled delivery just updated to Monday 26th by 6pm which is perfectly fine by me. However, I’m in Bray only 12 miles south of Dublin and not on the other side of the Country, so it wouldn't surprise me if it did still turn up today because of course it would! FEDEX always trying to wrongfoot their customers. I know their game! LOL.
Cant really commission the PC till next Thursday anyway as I’m still waiting for one or two additional parts to complete the build, so whether it arrives today or Monday, I’ll just be staring at and stroking the box whispering, “My Preciiiooouuusss!” till next Thursday anyway. :D:D:D

Yeah my order went from Stanstead to Charles de Gaulle, back to Stanstead and then on to Dublin. It's awaiting customs clearance in Dublin Airport now according to the FedEx tracking.

Only 4 days late so far. Hopefully it moves a bit faster now.
Super, did it take long between the return trip to Stansted and Dublin? I'm excited. :)

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Scheduled delivery just updated to Monday 26th by 6pm which is perfectly fine by me. However, I’m in Bray only 12 miles south of Dublin and not on the other side of the Country, so it wouldn't surprise me if it did still turn up today because of course it would! FEDEX always trying to wrongfoot their customers. I know their game! LOL.
Cant really commission the PC till next Thursday anyway as I’m still waiting for one or two additional parts to complete the build, so whether it arrives today or Monday, I’ll just be staring at and stroking the box whispering, “My Preciiiooouuusss!” till next Thursday anyway. :D:D:D
I’m thinking if buying a GPU support bracket or not 😂

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
I’m thinking if buying a GPU support bracket or not 😂
How did you know thats what I was waiting for? :D

My Coolermaster Vertical GPU Mount V2 doesnt arrive till Thursday next week....

....nor does my lian li strimmer plus RGB 24pin power cable extension.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
How did you know thats what I was waiting for? :D

My Coolermaster Vertical GPU Mount V2 doesnt arrive till Thursday next week....

....nor does my lian li strimmer plus RGB 24pin power cable extension.
I didn’t ahahahaha. It’s just something I was willing to buy as well and just bought 😂

The Stansted->Charles deGaulle->Stansted->Dublin trip is likely an aberration in case anyone thinks thats the regular route. What likely happened to those Irish orders that made that detour, was that FEDEX had free cargo space in passenger flight cargo holds for Stansted to Paris and Paris to Dublin sooner than they had available space on direct passenger flights from Stansted to Dublin. However, when the PCS Irish orders arrived in Paris, Ireland had just added France to the Passenger Hotel Quarantine list and several Paris/Dublin passenger flights were probably cancelled with no cargo space available on the remaining Paris/Dublin flights for the cargo FEDEX had started to send by that route. Hence they had to pull that cargo back to the UK from Paris and wait for the usual direct Stansted/Dublin cargo space to be available.

My order coming later seemingly avoided that rigmarole and made the direct trip from Stansted to Dublin.
When did your order come in man. That's an interesting take on it. I hear that they were looking to take our PCs on a "Tour de France" and seemingly opted against it afterwards.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Was that when you were based at FedEx main depot?
Lol no mate, here you go was just the other week
Capture+_2021-04-23-18-01-07.jpg

Arsenal

Super, did it take long between the return trip to Stansted and Dublin? I'm excited. :)
Just under 48 hours. I nearly gave up hope for the weekend because it seemed to be stuck in Dublin Customs but it was delivered this afternoon. So you should be very close. 😀

I live in Galway so mine traveled to FedEx in Shannon from Dublin overnight and I got a new delivery time via email early this morning.

Busy weekend ahead! 😁

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just under 48 hours. I nearly gave up hope for the weekend because it seemed to be stuck in Dublin Customs but it was delivered this afternoon. So you should be very close. 😀

I live in Galway so mine traveled to FedEx in Shannon from Dublin overnight and I got a new delivery time via email early this morning.

Busy weekend ahead! 😁
Share some pictures man! :D