more white or pink cases!

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
:D I totally agree! And what wonderfully efficient use of characters. Just 5 words and message received loud and clear! A skill I really should learn.....🤔

I wanted a white case myself but the optoins were limited. However, now that I have an RGB show going on, I actually think that RGB looks much better in a black or dark case than in a white one - but that's just me.....

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
:D I totally agree! And what wonderfully efficient use of characters. Just 5 words and message received loud and clear! A skill I really should learn.....
A writer once wrote to his publisher to inquire how sales of his first novel were going. He wrote simply "?".

His publisher replied with "!".

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
As I mentioned before somewhere here - my Mum's favourite phrase was:

"Why use a sentence when a paragraph will do?"

She's an inspiration to me really.....
To be honest I've always subscribed to the philosophy of why restrict yourself to one word when you can use so many more. Even more so because which one word do you restrict yourself too. People say it's difficult to choose your top ten favourite films or songs, imagine having to pick your top ten favourite words ;)

Anyways to bring the topic back on track I will finish with one word

Beige

D

Deleted member 41971

To be honest I've always subscribed to the philosophy of why restrict yourself to one word when you can use so many more. Even more so because which one word do you restrict yourself too. People say it's difficult to choose your top ten favourite films or songs, imagine having to pick your top ten favourite words ;)

Anyways to bring the topic back on track I will finish with one word

Beige

listening to fry makes one appreciate language

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
listening to fry makes one appreciate language

Christopher Hitchens does it for me. Ignoring the content of much of his works and speeches/debates as that would be a whole other thing to dicsuss!

I love reading him on the Kindle, because I have the dictionary on it - bascially, every two pages I have to go look up some word :D - it's not just that I don't understand the word - it'll be because I haven't even heard of it before!

He has made me see how raw vocabulary, and the structures around which it is used, can be a beautiful thing.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Not to say Fry is not amazing too I must add!

His 'Seven Deadly Sins' podcast was one of the best things I have heard in a very long time!

CMP01

Enthusiast
Totally. Part of the cost of gf being cool with my rig spend on this upgrade cycle is that I've promised her a build of her own down the line, with a white/pink/possible slight silvery sheen aesthetic. Now that GPU prices are crazy, prebuilts are the way to go (especially for a fuller upgrade or whole new rig) and it'll likely be a PCS build.
So yeah, white cases at least (she likes the white Corsair 280X and 220T cases best) and maybe white options for RAM/CPU coolers/GPU's too would be awesome, especially as white GPU's are not only overpriced atm like everything else but also harder to find than others even in normal times.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
A bunch of us were trying to derail this thread - let’s not get back of topic now! 😀

I think with RGB the dark cases looks best, but without then I love the look of the white NZXT H510 or H511’s. Such a shame they are hotboxes though.

The 220T in white would be second on my list for looks after that.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
You know it’s just dawned on me - we have white GPU’s already - it we had white motherboards and PSU’s then Noctua’s original fans could actually look good! 😀

Has anyone seen any funky coloured mobo’s before? I recall some blue and red ones in the past - with coloured PCIe slots and so on. Is it still a thing?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You know it’s just dawned on me - we have white GPU’s already - it we had white motherboards and PSU’s then Noctua’s original fans could actually look good! 😀

Has anyone seen any funky coloured mobo’s before? I recall some blue and red ones in the past - with coloured PCIe slots and so on. Is it still a thing?
They do white Mobo's such as this, otherwise it's the usual blacks and gold or silver as everything is governed by RGB anyway:

s-l1600.jpg

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
They do white Mobo's such as this, otherwise it's the usual blacks and gold or silver as everything is governed by RGB anyway:

View attachment 25329
Something like that in a white case with a white GPU and a heap of RGB would look fantastic actually.

I find the black components in a white case just don’t suit my eye - I hate seeing the dark components through the front fans for example. But then my level of OCD may be a bit severe....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Something like that in a white case with a white GPU and a heap of RGB would look fantastic actually.

I find the black components in a white case just don’t suit my eye - I hate seeing the dark components through the front fans for example. But then my level of OCD may be a bit severe....
Yeah, white builds are quite special, always have to pay a huge premium for white coloured products though, it’s so annoying.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah, white builds are quite special, always have to pay a huge premium for white coloured products though, it’s so annoying.
I'd love a white case with black parts in it. I find the contrast amazing

But that being said, a total white build is beautiful

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I'd love a white case with black parts in it. I find the contrast amazing

But that being said, a total white build is beautiful
Yeah I think a white build with white innards would look really custom - whereas with regular innards it would just look like a white case with PC stuff inside. If that makes any sense?