Ram OC

D

Deleted member 17413

Its 1.4 and above that you can do damage isnt it? I remember there being a warning about raising the voltages.
I shall give it a go, and also try without changing that (alt) figure see if that does anything

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Its 1.4 and above that you can do damage isnt it? I remember there being a warning about raising the voltages.
I shall give it a go, and also try without changing that (alt) figure see if that does anything
1.4V was my upper limit before I started anything - but I am a bit conservative!

FerrariVie

Super Star
How are you guys checking the performance improvement of the RAM overclock? On a laptop is a lot harder because you can't change voltages, so everything needs to be very tight on the stock voltage, which is already quite low at 1.2V . The best I could do was to reach 3600Mhz CL20 on a stock 3200Mhz CL22, but couldn't manage to get CL19 to work. Now I'm curious to know which of the 2 would be the best: 3600CL20 or 3733CL22

Ash_

Master Poster
How are you guys checking the performance improvement of the RAM overclock? On a laptop is a lot harder because you can't change voltages, so everything needs to be very tight on the stock voltage, which is already quite low at 1.2V . The best I could do was to reach 3600Mhz CL20 on a stock 3200Mhz CL22, but couldn't manage to get CL19 to work. Now I'm curious to know which of the 2 would be the best: 3600CL20 or 3733CL22
CL20

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I have used PassMarks Performance Test - there is a dedicated Memory test section in that.

But I have also ran memory intensive workloads to spot the difference also - such as photomerges in Lightroom for example.

FerrariVie

Super Star
I have used PassMarks Performance Test - there is a dedicated Memory test section in that.

But I have also ran memory intensive workloads to spot the difference also - such as photomerges in Lightroom for example.
Thanks! I think I'm not too bad, then:
3600Mhz 1.0V v2.png

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
@FerrariVie - I was curious to see your Memory Mark scores there. So I went back to double check my RAM scores both Overclocked and Stock. I have a decent capacity advantage but I am still surprised at other scores where I beat your scores at everything other than latency and threaded operations.

What is your RAM as advertised and what have got it OC'd too? I would be interested to see your scores at stock settings as I wonder if your Overclock is not doing you that many favours?

Mine is 3000 MHz at CL16 stock (OC’d to 3200 CL16 - so the real latency is a good bit better than your 3200 CL20, but that doesn't seem to explain the big difference particularly when overclocked?

Here is mine at stock:

RAM Stock.jpg

and Overclocked:

RAM OC.jpg

Last edited:

FerrariVie

Super Star
CL20 is laptop ram
Yes, I have a DTR that is originally 3200Mhz CL22 1.2V, which I overclocked to 3600Mhz CL20 keeping the stock voltage (not that I had a choice, anyway). My motherboard is based on the B450 chipset, so not sure if that will also have an impact on how far the overclock can go.

I will indeed run the passmark at stock later today or tomorrow, but based on the comparison that they show on the app, most users of that RAM module get scores at around 2800, so I'm expecting my stock values to be close to that.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Yes, I have a DTR that is originally 3200Mhz CL22 1.2V, which I overclocked to 3600Mhz CL20 keeping the stock voltage (not that I had a choice, anyway). My motherboard is based on the B450 chipset, so not sure if that will also have an impact on how far the overclock can go.

I will indeed run the passmark at stock later today or tomorrow, but based on the comparison that they show on the app, most users of that RAM module get scores at around 2800, so I'm expecting my stock values to be close to that.
Super. That makes sense.

It would be inetersting to see the difference from stock to OC for myself, and others too I guess - if you don't mind posting them whenever you get around to it?

Ash_

Master Poster
Super. That makes sense.

It would be inetersting to see the difference from stock to OC for myself, and others too I guess - if you don't mind posting them whenever you get around to it?
yours isn't too far behind my ram in all honesty... however, i flashed my bios earlier and i have only reset my timings, i need to do some more work on ram i think.
1619296769806.png

Ash_

Master Poster
Super - so the capacity doesn't carry all that much weight in the scoring by the looks of it.

You have me whipped in Database Ops and Memory Write - but we are pretty close everywhere else really....
Look what you push me towards...

Attachments

• 5FD78FB8-4A0A-4604-B67E-E6A5625F4D2F.jpeg
    5FD78FB8-4A0A-4604-B67E-E6A5625F4D2F.jpeg
    418.5 KB · Views: 205