A Thank You to the Regulars - from a sort of new member...

CMP01

Enthusiast
All good, and I agree so far with the sentiment.

To explain, I only just registered here today and am currently in the market for an uber prebuild. Did previously build my own, now ailing and not so good after 5 years, and would again but for certain practices making certain prices untenable for what much looks like months to come (besides, the last build was never finished tbh, always a WiP, and gave me anxiety a lot lol)

So I've been looking here and there at a variety of build sites I won't mention... testing various builds against costs, availability and variety of parts stocked... all that. Then I saw PCS come up in my search and my dodgy memory went "ooh... you know someone who had a build from them a few years ago and it was really good etc etc". So here I am, almost ready to have my proverbial money taken. Already made up a build or two and my bank account is freaking out in advance (lol) but I've just a few questions re my preferences and particularities of how the build is done (and a couple of how I'll use it the way I envision maybe)

And that's the thing. I decided yesterday that maybe a good sign of how good a builder is can be determined in part by how populated and helpful their forums are. So I had a gander as it were... and this place looks happy and helpful (more so than that of certain competitors tbh) I think I'll be in good hands here. Speaking of, can anybody direct me to where I may discuss the particulars of said builds and... how (and this is a deal breaker for my plans) I might install it in one room but play it on a TV in another?

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
All good, and I agree so far with the sentiment.

To explain, I only just registered here today and am currently in the market for an uber prebuild. Did previously build my own, now ailing and not so good after 5 years, and would again but for certain practices making certain prices untenable for what much looks like months to come (besides, the last build was never finished tbh, always a WiP, and gave me anxiety a lot lol)

So I've been looking here and there at a variety of build sites I won't mention... testing various builds against costs, availability and variety of parts stocked... all that. Then I saw PCS come up in my search and my dodgy memory went "ooh... you know someone who had a build from them a few years ago and it was really good etc etc". So here I am, almost ready to have my proverbial money taken. Already made up a build or two and my bank account is freaking out in advance (lol) but I've just a few questions re my preferences and particularities of how the build is done (and a couple of how I'll use it the way I envision maybe)

And that's the thing. I decided yesterday that maybe a good sign of how good a builder is can be determined in part by how populated and helpful their forums are. So I had a gander as it were... and this place looks happy and helpful (more so than that of certain competitors tbh) I think I'll be in good hands here. Speaking of, can anybody direct me to where I may discuss the particulars of said builds and... how (and this is a deal breaker for my plans) I might install it in one room but play it on a TV in another?
It is happy and healthy here.

Head over to the ā€˜Check My Specā€™ section to get help and advice on anything build related. You wonā€™t be disappointed with the response and assistance!

GeaFit

Bronze Level Poster
Well done everybody. I am also a recently reg Irish member and find the place to be fantastic. Which consequently is of zero surprise to me given the fantastic welcome I've been given the hundreds of times I've visited the UK.

Keep up the good work everybody. It's a slightly unique thing going on here.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Ah Good Lord! Even Iā€™m having trouble keeping up now! šŸ˜€ The Irish sweet breakfast treat?

6098CDBB-D252-4901-B226-D8D516068F0B.jpeg

šŸ¤£

CMP01

Enthusiast
Ah Good Lord! Even Iā€™m having trouble keeping up now! šŸ˜€ The Irish sweet breakfast treat?

View attachment 25467
šŸ¤£

Saw this comment pop up this morning. Twas stupid o'clock for me nm the cat keeping me awake late with his usual nocturnal feralboi activities (0300 strikes and he goes nuts after sleeping all day and evening...)

So yeah, my brain was in dumb random thoughts mode. First thought; Wow, y'know I have no idea what traditional Irish cuisine is like...

It came from a time and place of great hunger I guess but also, honestly... I have Irish ancestry going way back (Spanish too, both on dads side from Spanish Armada times though that's about all I know) but aside from farls (yum) I know nothing about the food.
It is now on the ever growing list of 'to be rectified'.

Anyway, yes, my brain is weird. And I'm still hungry but need easy to do food, wish I had farls in...