New Ionico overheating

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
I have same model since 16th March and I can say that no matter what mode is selected on CC, Power Limits values causes that.
Try to set Game Mode Profile 1 - PL1&PL2 45W, maybe 35W each. PL4 70W or maybe even lesser than 70W. You'll see the difference. Personally, I get 45c when it's idle, between 70c to 85c while gaming. I suggest never use "default" profiles on CC unless office mode. Set your own. You can see +90c if it's set to 165W, not saying 100% but occassionally you may see.

I have shared some posts many times about Ionico's overheating problem here but undervolting never solved my problem, maybe I do something wrong but I've never seen any significant impact on my computer, neither in a good nor in a bad way. And I should say, with every Nvidia updates, it gets worse. Until a couple week ago I was playing games 70c and then Nvidia releases an update, everything stays same but temperature gets increase. But probably people would say different factors may causes that. In my case, I would say Power Limits on Control Center are much more effective compare to other factors.

barlew

Godlike
I have same model since 16th March and I can say that no matter what mode is selected on CC, Power Limits values causes that.
Try to set Game Mode Profile 1 - PL1&PL2 45W, maybe 35W each. PL4 70W or maybe even lesser than 70W. You'll see the difference. Personally, I get 45c when it's idle, between 70c to 85c while gaming. I suggest never use "default" profiles on CC unless office mode. Set your own. You can see +90c if it's set to 165W, not saying 100% but occassionally you may see.

I have shared some posts many times about Ionico's overheating problem here but undervolting never solved my problem, maybe I do something wrong but I've never seen any significant impact on my computer, neither in a good nor in a bad way. And I should say, with every Nvidia updates, it gets worse. Until a couple week ago I was playing games 70c and then Nvidia releases an update, everything stays same but temperature gets increase. But probably people would say different factors may causes that. In my case, I would say Power Limits on Control Center are much more effective compare to other factors.
Just out of interest have you carried out a repaste?

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Just out of interest have you carried out a repaste?
To be honest, I did not. In fact, I don't know how to do it properly. I ordered my laptop with extra thermal paste (£9) so I thought I would never gonna do it by myself. But as far as i understand, i spent the money for thermal paste to do it again? I know it is not a big deal but that is why i ordered with extra thermal paste option. Anyway, i will search the forum how to do repaste for my laptop, thanks Barlew, i am open for all advices 😊

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
To be honest, I did not. In fact, I don't know how to do it properly. I ordered my laptop with extra thermal paste (£9) so I thought I would never gonna do it by myself. But as far as i understand, i spent the money for thermal paste to do it again? I know it is not a big deal but that is why i ordered with extra thermal paste option. Anyway, i will search the forum how to do repaste for my laptop, thanks Barlew, i am open for all advices 😊
It’s pointless playing with power limits or undervolting until the thermals are where they should be, otherwise you’re not addressing the issue and it will eventually just overheat and fail.