• Thread starter Deleted member 41971
  • Start date

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
or the in-betweeners?
nintchdbpict000000423186-c9b174f.jpg

KippleKat

Enthusiast
So what you're saying is that we're all either old fogies or young whippersnappers on here...?

I think I've offended everybody equally there, so nobody can claim they've been left out. :D
Hmm I don't know if I'm classed as young or old now.... :unsure: Some of my younger colleagues say that once they hit 30 that's it life is over. I should be retired already by that logic! I sometimes like to tell them tales of the days before the internet to scare them to sleep at night. :devilish:

View attachment 25901
Ill take good !!!! Tommorow !!!!!
After playing about 4-5 hours can say im enjoying it contemplating restarting it on a harder difficulty setting as normal feels abit easy and im not really struggling for ammo or resources that I have in other resident evil games cool atmosphere and some nice horror moments one in particular was a nope moment while backing up slowly to then turn around and run turning the air blue with my language :(

KippleKat

Enthusiast
After playing about 4-5 hours can say im enjoying it contemplating restarting it on a harder difficulty setting as normal feels abit easy and im not really struggling for ammo or resources that I have in other resident evil games cool atmosphere and some nice horror moments one in particular was a nope moment while backing up slowly to then turn around and run turning the air blue with my language :(
I was thinking that myself on normal. I've played for 3 hours so far but not really run out of anything much which doesn't seem like Resident Evil 😅 I'm really enjoying it, the creepy atmosphere and feeling that I'm constantly being stalked is great 😬

I was thinking that myself on normal. I've played for 3 hours so far but not really run out of anything much which doesn't seem like Resident Evil 😅 I'm really enjoying it, the creepy atmosphere and feeling that I'm constantly being stalked is great 😬
I already got a vid of my horror moment which was like nope but will post in future as it could be considered a spoiler and take that oh my god no back up moment away from someone else !

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I already got a vid of my horror moment which was like nope but will post in future as it could be considered a spoiler and take that oh my god no back up moment away from someone else !
I'm really liking what I'm seeing about this game.

It's not really Res Evil as us oldies know it, but that's not a bad thing. I like a series that adapts and tries new things.

I think I'll definitely get it.

How does it run on your rig? Is it a resource monster?

CMP01

Enthusiast
My big game wishlist for the next year (some are already released)

Horizon Zero Dawn (reminds me somewhat of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West)
RE Village (both RE 2 remake and RE VII were outstanding so it's looking good)
Dying Light 2 (first game was awesome)
Total War: Warhammer 3 (perfect marriage of TW and WFB, both of which I've been a fan of for as long as they've been around)

There could be more tbh but I have to keep things lean going forward because...

Outsider choice: My best of backlog (deep inhale)
Divinity: Original Sin 1/2, last 2 Deus Ex games, Dishonored 2, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor/War, Mad Max, Xcom 2, Phoenix Point, The Evil Within, Hitman 1/2, The Witcher 3, SW: Jedi Fallen Order, Shadow Tactics: BotS and BSG: Deadlock (and breathe...)

Not an odd thing, I know many ppl have much bigger libraries but for me I got really ill, couldn't play games at all for a few years despite only just building a new desktop, but I kept buying games on sales and bundles for when I could once again. Hope abounds and all that. The above is just what I own outright on Steam btw, there's plenty more from XBGP/EA Play and freebies on EGS. I missed a lot of games over the years but tbh deciding what to play and stick to it is just as tough as the illness part. I'm reaching the point where I might ask folks to recommend/decide for me...

KippleKat

Enthusiast
My big game wishlist for the next year (some are already released)

Horizon Zero Dawn (reminds me somewhat of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West)
RE Village (both RE 2 remake and RE VII were outstanding so it's looking good)
Dying Light 2 (first game was awesome)
Total War: Warhammer 3 (perfect marriage of TW and WFB, both of which I've been a fan of for as long as they've been around)

There could be more tbh but I have to keep things lean going forward because...

Outsider choice: My best of backlog (deep inhale)
Divinity: Original Sin 1/2, last 2 Deus Ex games, Dishonored 2, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor/War, Mad Max, Xcom 2, Phoenix Point, The Evil Within, Hitman 1/2, The Witcher 3, SW: Jedi Fallen Order, Shadow Tactics: BotS and BSG: Deadlock (and breathe...)

Not an odd thing, I know many ppl have much bigger libraries but for me I got really ill, couldn't play games at all for a few years despite only just building a new desktop, but I kept buying games on sales and bundles for when I could once again. Hope abounds and all that. The above is just what I own outright on Steam btw, there's plenty more from XBGP/EA Play and freebies on EGS. I missed a lot of games over the years but tbh deciding what to play and stick to it is just as tough as the illness part. I'm reaching the point where I might ask folks to recommend/decide for me...
Those are some good games, Horizon Zero Dawn has an enjoyable story and the gameplay is good. The Middle Earth game series are super fun, as is the Hitman series. The Witcher 3 is one of my favourites.

I can also recommend the Dragon Age games if you've never played them, pretty oldish now so you could pick them up cheaply, but good if you like that sort of questing game with a quirky/funny kind of plot

CMP01

Enthusiast
Those are some good games, Horizon Zero Dawn has an enjoyable story and the gameplay is good. The Middle Earth game series are super fun, as is the Hitman series. The Witcher 3 is one of my favourites.

I can also recommend the Dragon Age games if you've never played them, pretty oldish now so you could pick them up cheaply, but good if you like that sort of questing game with a quirky/funny kind of plot

I've actually had DA: Origins for a few years now. Got the complete edition for under a tenner, just haven't played yet due to no controller support (yes, I'm one of those ppl, a cackhanded keyboardist if you like) but I found ways around that recently.
I also tried DA: Inquisition (on EA Play with XBGP) a few days ago but it's not behaving with my current gaming laptop and no fix as of yet sorts it. No biggie, I can get back to it later, so I uninstalled it last night to make room to try out Greedfall (XBGP) for now.
I'm afraid I must admit that while I did play games at the time, I missed out on pretty much all the Bioware and similar classics (I know, I know... shock, horror)

One thing I will mention re DA and other similar RPG types I have (Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity etc) is while looking at their community pages on Steam I see a lot of ideal build guides, "do it this way or you'll struggle/fail" etc makes approaching more daunting if anything (the pages for Titan Quest and Grim Dawn, which I also have, are especially heavy on this idea)
I find I balk at the idea that if I don't min/max/level aso well my game experience might suffer but I also hate the idea of referring to tons of guides to get through any game. It's almost like having the access to extra help now makes deciding even harder, unlike the good old days.
For the most part though, once I'm into something and chugging along ok I'm good, it's just getting to that point that's hard work.