Game code promotion

Anybody looking to trade a promotional game code. I have one for call of duty cold war that I got with my 3080 no need for it as I already purchased the game.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I also have 1 for Call of Duty Cold War looking to trade .
Might be handy if you let people know what you’re looking for as a trade. Or you could just be a forum angel and do a giveaway like these good souls...

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
...and also be aware that some codes are locked to a specific piece of hardware - as some have found when they've given the code away to friends or tried to redeem it on different machines/configs.

For example, I was allocated a COD:CW code for with my RTX3080 order, but downgraded after 2 months to a RTX3070 guarantee a pre-Christmas delivery. When I went to redeem the code, the system told me it couldn't find the appropriate hardware, and that it could only be used on a RTX3080 or RTX3090.

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Huh... does it know that because of the hardware type installed or the individual hardware's serial number that it is attached to?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Huh... does it know that because of the hardware type installed or the individual hardware's serial number that it is attached to?
Just the hardware type as far as I could tell - wasn't looking for a specific manufacturer of card, just an RTX3080/RTX3090 part model.

Oh, this reminds me, I've got a Far Cry 6 code that I redeemed that's due out this month...18-Feb-21 in fact :)...but has been delayed until at least May :mad:

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
...and also be aware that some codes are locked to a specific piece of hardware - as some have found when they've given the code away to friends or tried to redeem it on different machines/configs.

For example, I was allocated a COD:CW code for with my RTX3080 order, but downgraded after 2 months to a RTX3070 guarantee a pre-Christmas delivery. When I went to redeem the code, the system told me it couldn't find the appropriate hardware, and that it could only be used on a RTX3080 or RTX3090.
how can I find to which hardware its bound? I would gladly give it away if I know for certain what the code is bound to.

georgi.stoyanov

Bronze Level Poster
The thing is i got 3x Promo Codes . 1 for Valhalla and 2 for Cold War.
I remember 1 of the codes came with the SSD .
I amended my order from 3080 to 3090 im not sure if i got 2 codes for the same game because of that ..
I just wrote a ticket to Nvidia with the code ,asking them if they can tell me which hardware the code is bound to .

The thing is i got 3x Promo Codes . 1 for Valhalla and 2 for Cold War.
I remember 1 of the codes came with the SSD .
I amended my order from 3080 to 3090 im not sure if i got 2 codes for the same game because of that ..
I just wrote a ticket to Nvidia with the code ,asking them if they can tell me which hardware the code is bound to .
The Valhalla code should work on any. I had that one but switched out from the Samsung M.2 and still works fine :)

I think going my users on here the COD codes should work on 3080/3090 :)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
On the bottom of my order, it shows the promotions applied and for what product.

In my case it lists:
  • Get Assassin's Creed: Valhalla with select SAMSUNG SSDs!
  • Get CoD:Cold War & 1YR GeForce Now w/ select RTX Graphics Cards
  • Get 1-Year Founders Membership to GeForce Now w/ select RTX Cards
  • Get FarCry 6 with select AMD Ryzen CPUs

DTGx90

My order was dispatched today, to which I received my GeForce and Valhalla codes, but my order says the same as the above post. I don't expect to receive the Cold War one as I went from 3080 to 3070 but I still have my 5900X, yet haven't received a code. Just wondering if anyone knows if they sometimes are delayed with regards to sending codes, perhaps until the game releases? I will call tomorrow, but thought maybe someone could shed a little light here.

Thanks!

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
I know that the farcry 6 one ended mid January so that one is gone, but the codes are added to the order page.
Edit also note the site to redeem the codes on is not sending out verification emails so they can't be claimed if you don't already have an active account. I have contacted AMD about it but no reply in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
how do you know if a part your getting allows you to get a code or is it just luck?
It shows in the configurator and then in your order.

But they're usually time constrained or volume constrained and they're set by the manufacturer, not PCS.

So if your build doesn't arrive by the time the promotion has ended, it's not something PCS can amend, it's just bad luck.

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
It shows in the configurator and then in your order.

But they're usually time constrained or volume constrained and they're set by the manufacturer, not PCS.

So if your build doesn't arrive by the time the promotion has ended, it's not something PCS can amend, it's just bad luck.
I had this with my order, was meant to get Far Cry 6 with AMD products, I contacted PCS and asked for the code as I hadn't received it and they explained that the promotion had run out, but still gave me the code. I then contacted AMD Rewards and explained the situation and said due to delays that could not be avoided because of the stock issues worldwide in receiving their product I had missed out on the promotion, they reissued a new code so I could still claim the promotion. The kicker being Ubisoft pushed back the release and haven't said when it will be released now (saying that it will probably just be a reskin of the previous games as per usual) :rolleyes:

DavidEdwards461

A quick query, I am suppose to receive 3 promos on my build (as and when it's complete :cool:), will I still get them as it has been nearly 6 months since my order was placed?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Promotions​

4.1Promotions, such as game codes, vouchers, free items and rebates are subject to availability. Promotions can be terminated at any time and without notice.
4.2We will endeavour to honour all promotions but we cannot be held liable where promotions expire, are discontinued, terminated or unavailable.
4.3In rare circumstances promotions may expire after the point of ordering and before the order is dispatched to you. We cannot be held responsible in these circumstances.
4.4Promotions have a cash value of £0.01.