SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G5 DP does not work

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
I have a problem with the new monitor I got from Amazon.de on a sale. It came with only HDMI and I used the DP UGreen cable to connect which gives blank screen. The supplied HDMI works. Can someone please help?

Is there a benefit of using DP cable?

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
Have you selected the right input channel on the screen when on DP?
I tried that now and it's working. Is there any way to enable both DP and HDMI at the same time? Another issue is when DP is connected nothing appears on the screen, I meant that no window opens up. What could be the issue?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I tried that now and it's working. Is there any way to enable both DP and HDMI at the same time? Another issue is when DP is connected nothing appeaEd on the screen, I meant that no window opens up. What could be the issue?
No, a source is a source, you can only have one active at any time. Because you’ll only ever be using one at any time.

Another issue is when DP is connected nothing appears on the screen, I meant that no window opens up. What could be the issue?
I have no idea what you mean? What windows are you expecting to open up? Not understanding what you mean?

I tried that now and it's working. Is there any way to enable both DP and HDMI at the same time? Another issue is when DP is connected nothing appears on the screen, I meant that no window opens up. What could be the issue?
Im also having a hard time understanding do you mean the windows operating system or a particular window ?

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
No, a source is a source, you can only have one active at any time. Because you’ll only ever be using one at any time.

I have no idea what you mean? What windows are you expecting to open up? Not understanding what you mean?
Im also having a hard time understanding do you mean the windows operating system or a particular window ?
Another confused person here
It means that I can't see anything on the screen apart from the desktop icons, background and taskbar. When I click to open any apps or apps already open nothing pops up on the screen.

Rakk

The Awesome
It means that I can't see anything on the screen apart from the desktop icons, background and taskbar. When I click to open any apps or apps already open nothing pops up on the screen.
Have you got both your HDMI and DP cable connected to the single monitor from the PC at the same time, if so disconnect one of them.

If you do, I'm wondering if it thinks that 2 screens are connected and the windows/applications are showing on the other connected cable , ie its opening off your selected output

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you got both your HDMI and DP cable connected to the monitor from the PC at the same time, if so disconnect one of them.

If you do, I'm wondering if it thinks that 2 screens are connected and the windows are showing on the other connected cable , ie its opening off your selected screen
Yes, if you've got 2 screens attached, then it will be a second desktop, you have to drag windows onto it.

You can change it to replicate the desktop as normal in display settings.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
Have you got both your HDMI and DP cable connected to the single monitor from the PC at the same time, if so disconnect one of them.

If you do, I'm wondering if it thinks that 2 screens are connected and the windows/applications are showing on the other connected cable , ie its opening off your selected output
Yes, if you've got 2 screens attached, then it will be a second desktop, you have to drag windows onto it.

You can change it to replicate the desktop as normal in display settings.
Thank you. It's worked.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
I have another issue. The monitor goes to sleep but wakes up at the same moment. I have a Dell monitor too but that doesn't act that way. Sleeps normally. What could be the problem?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have another issue. The monitor goes to sleep but wakes up at the same moment. I have a Dell monitor too but that doesn't act that way. Sleeps normally. What could be the problem?
I can't remember if there's a sleep setting in the monitor menu

Citrus_9

Expert
Yes, the PC setting didn't change from before and worked with the other monitor. The eco mode was off before when the issue was there. The monitor only sleeps when the PC sleeps. I cannot just let the display sleep.
There're separate settings for each monitor through Windows 10 display advanced settings. I'm not beside a PC now so can't check. Worth looking that up.

But again, to me it sounds like a loose cord. I had the same issue at my work when screen goes off and it's very annoying, had to keep wobbling the cable all day. Colleagues thought I'm imagining screen going off for a few secs. It was somehow not getting a proper stable signal through a cable. I complained to an IT guy who's very experienced, busy but also lazy. He started with the easiest part and brought me a new cable. That helped as it's no longer doing a weird magic for me and I can continue doing what I do uninterrupted.

Last edited: