RTX 3080

loso64

The pricing is quite ridiculous to be honest :D I would consider switching to it, as from 3090 Strix it is quite a lot of money saved, something like 900 euro. But who knows when i would get stock assigned, and then the whole problem with waterblock. I dont think there is waterblock for this card announced yet.
While i should have stock assigned for the 3090 already based on talk with support

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Please, if we can stick to discussion on the RTX 3080 on this thread please, there are other threads for the 3080ti and 3090 and strix variants.

AndrewJohnson263

Got all excited today to see I got an email from PCS to find it was offering me the chance to change to the 3080ti.

Believe from chatting to sales today that it hopefully won't be many more days waiting anyway!

Currently on day 98 so not going to change to the 3080ti as I would love @AgentCooper cake next week lol.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Got all excited today to see I got an email from PCS to find it was offering me the chance to change to the 3080ti.

Believe from chatting to sales today that it hopefully won't be many more days waiting anyway!

Currently on day 98 so not going to change to the 3080ti as I would love @AgentCooper cake next week lol.
I'd be happy to oblige!

What I would say to anyone who desires and deserves cake is please tag me with an @AgentCooper on your special day so I don't miss you. I am vaccinating big clinics during the day and working at out of hours at nights hella amounts over the coming weeks so am not online quite as frequently.

ChewingBum

1622807889999.png

Been following the Forum for a while now and had to make an account purely for the cake from @AgentCooper. Seeing a similar build go into building yesterday at 104 days makes me very excited that I'm only round the corner. Feels like only yesterday i was on 50 days so for people currently around that don't give up hope! With the 3080TI out now I can see a lot of people getting on that which could reduce wait times for the standard 3080s. But who knows?

OllHol

Do the majority of you guys agree that the 3080ti isn’t as great of value for money as the 3080? It retails 70% higher but benchmarks only have it perform 10% more. Open to hear what people think about it and if they think it’s worth the switch. Don’t want to put who has bought one or thinking about it off, just wanted an insight. Thanks!

Rakk

The Awesome
Do the majority of you guys agree that the 3080ti isn’t as great of value for money as the 3080? It retails 70% higher but benchmarks only have it perform 10% more. Open to hear what people think about it and if they think it’s worth the switch. Don’t want to put who has bought one or thinking about it off, just wanted an insight. Thanks!
If you have queries or want opinions about the 3080Ti then use a different thread please, this thread should be kept to the 3080

So, 55 working days in I should finally ask.

3080 GPUs. I understand people are mostly getting Palet and Zotac cards but does that actually matter? Comparing them to the Founders Edition. Are they on par?

I do not care which I’m getting as I’m coming from a GT640M GPU 🤣 just curious what is the difference between these cards and the founders edition card other than the looks and cooling.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So, 55 working days in I should finally ask.

3080 GPUs. I understand people are mostly getting Palet and Zotac cards but does that actually matter? Comparing them to the Founders Edition. Are they on par?

I do not care which I’m getting as I’m coming from a GT640M GPU 🤣 just curious what is the difference between these cards and the founders edition card other than the looks and cooling.
The main chip is the same in any card, some have better coolers than others, some run quieter than others. At a baseline default setting they’ll all perform the same, with better coolers, sometimes you can achieve better overclocks.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Does anyone know what we paid for the 3080 in our builds? Can’t find a price breakdown of my order.
The price you will have paid could vary significantly compared to another person, given the fluctuations that have occurred. The PCS configurator is updated on an almost daily basis so costs have gone up and down regularly.

The only way you would’ve been able to work out the price was to configure your complete system and then subtracting the cost if you took the GPU out at the time of ordering. There’s no way of pricing an individual component here.

As a little addendum, even then I don’t think it would be an accurate GPU cost you’d be seeing. If you’re buying a complete system you’re factoring in the cost of labour and business overheads within that.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
View attachment 26811
Been following the Forum for a while now and had to make an account purely for the cake from @AgentCooper. Seeing a similar build go into building yesterday at 104 days makes me very excited that I'm only round the corner. Feels like only yesterday i was on 50 days so for people currently around that don't give up hope! With the 3080TI out now I can see a lot of people getting on that which could reduce wait times for the standard 3080s. But who knows?
Sorry, cake cannot be issued whilst you’re in possession of that particular username. Please facilitate a change and then cake is all yours 👍