Are you getting vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What do you guys think of the COVID 19 vaccines and are you willing to get vaccinated?

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Had both, Pfizer brand, no ill effects. Not even a sore arm!

And I’ve personally jabbed hundreds of people with both the Pfizer and the AZ, not a single anaphylactic reaction amongst all those people.

It’s been an honour to be a small part of the mass vaccination program, to be honest.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Had both, Pfizer brand, no ill effects. Not even a sore arm!

And I’ve personally jabbed hundreds of people with both the Pfizer and the AZ, not a single anaphylactic reaction amongst all those people.

It’s been an honour to be a small part of the mass vaccination program, to be honest.
Why did you decide to get vaccinated? If I may ask

Citrus_9

Expert
What do you guys think of the vaccines and are you willing to get vaccinated?
Not yet. Normally vaccines are being tested for 3 years before putting them on shelves. They currently are approved only through emergency path... I don't have enough information about how they work and very tiny bit of statistical information regarding side effects in the longer term. For me it's still just a va banque, and I can't afford taking such a risk.

The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines are the first RNA vaccines ever to be approved for use against any disease.

However, researchers have been using the technology for a while, and people have been given RNA vaccines in clinical trials for other diseases, like cancer.

A major challenge in the past has been figuring out how to deliver the RNA vaccine into the cell so it survives – our bodies naturally want to destroy foreign RNA molecules.

It's not that I don’t trust scientists, but I believe testing in a labarotory is one thing, while using it in a real life for all different bodies and 7 months testing isn't enough to give it to the wide public. That's just me being precautios and a bit conservative towards innovative vaccines based on new technologies, and not having a very good knowledge in chemistry.

Last edited:

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Not yet. Normally vaccines are being tested for 3 years before putting them on shelves. They currently are approved only through emergency path... I don't have enough information about how they work and very tiny bit of statistical information regarding side effects in the longer term. For me it's still just a va banque, and I can't afford taking such a risk.
This is the main reason why I'm not getting vaccinated as well. The long term effects are yet unknown and I don't want to be the experiment.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Why did you decide to get vaccinated? If I may ask
Why wouldn’t I? I’m a front line healthcare worker and my girlfriend is extremely clinically vulnerable due to severe asthma.

I’d probably shake it off if I contracted the virus but if I took it home to her there’s a very large chance that she wouldn’t survive. And I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if that happened.

From the sound of things it seems as though you’re more on the fence about getting vaccinated, is that right?

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’ve had my first of the Astra Zeneca and will have my second in a month or so.

I had no issues being vaccinated, I fully trust the scientists.
I trust scientists as well, but fact is that here we are laking knowledge of long term effects and I don't feel like experimenting it on my body

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Why wouldn’t I? I’m a front line healthcare worker and my girlfriend is extremely clinically vulnerable due to severe asthma.

I’d probably shake it off if I contracted the virus but if I took it home to her there’s a very large chance that she wouldn’t survive. And I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if that happened.

From the sound of things it seems as though you’re more on the fence about getting vaccinated, is that right?
Your reasons are right. I had the chance to get vaccinated tonight, I got called by a friend that does vaccines and told me they had advanced doses and that if I wanted I could have been vaccinated straight away with Pfizer. I gently refused. I know that I could have skipped the line, since my age target is set to be vaccinated in september here in Italy, but still don't wanna take the risk and be the experiment

Citrus_9

Expert

Your reasons are very valid and if I were you, I would have done same.

Citrus_9

Expert
The quicker we reach 75% of the worldwide population vaccinated (considered herd immunity), the quicker the virus becomes dormant in society.

The longer we take to reach that goal, the more risk there is of a more harmful mutation occurring before it hits dormancy.
Sounds great! In my mind it sounds more like to take a vaccine and hope for the best, for the sake of reaching the target to weaken the virus... As I said, it sounds very nice, great, kind, altruistic and not selfish at all for all of our brighter future and for the healthier society. I'm sure most people are and will be ok after this mass vaccination.

I'm just concerned due to all the mutations and because vaccine creating immunity for only 6-9 months, we may end up using needles every once a year until the vaccines will be improved. I'm picturing a merry-go-round :(

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The quicker we reach 75% of the worldwide population vaccinated (considered herd immunity), the quicker the virus becomes dormant in society.

The longer we take to reach that goal, the more risk there is of a more harmful mutation occurring before it hits dormancy.
And an interesting little nugget is that AstraZeneca have actually been working on a SARS related vaccine for a few years so it’s not as though it was just knocked together in seven months. Foundations were in place long before the pandemic struck.

Here’s another interesting little Nugget...

94E2B701-3190-43CD-9CDF-AD343153F4DA.jpeg

Also pictured is a mildly annoyed Noodle.

Rakk

The Awesome
I've had both my 1st and 2nd vaccines now - both AZ
Felt exhausted about 4 hours after each, the second one though I went to bed for an hour when I started feeling exhausted and was then perfectly fine and was doing garden work some few hours after with no ill effects apart from some scratches from the garden and tired muscles cos of that exercise :)

Nedd Ludd

This is the main reason why I'm not getting vaccinated as well. The long term effects are yet unknown and I don't want to be the experiment.
However, the potential long term effects of covid are well known.
  • extreme tiredness (fatigue)
  • shortness of breath
  • chest pain or tightness
  • problems with memory and concentration ("brain fog")
  • difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
  • heart palpitations
  • dizziness
  • pins and needles
  • joint pain
  • depression and anxiety
  • tinnitus, earaches
  • feeling sick, diarrhoea, stomach aches, loss of appetite
  • a high temperature, cough, headaches, sore throat, changes to sense of smell or taste
  • rashes
Taking the vaccine is the sensible thing to do. But then, why let common sense influence you, just go out, catch covid and infect someone with underlying causes who will die. Officially over 3.5 million have died so far but if you take into account the Chinese weighting factor it is more like 10 million deaths.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And an interesting little nugget is that AstraZeneca have actually been working on a SARS related vaccine for a few years so it’s not as though it was just knocked together in seven months. Foundations were in place long before the pandemic struck.

Here’s another interesting little Nugget...

View attachment 26849
Yes, the reason these vaccines were “rushed to market” is that they’re based on existing ones we’ve had for decades, and the Pfizer and Moderna ones were done on the mRNA development principle which has been under review for a crazy long time now.

Yes, they pushed mRNA into live service due to the pandemic but it was at the final clerical stages of approval anyway.

There’s a lot of disinformation around, I’ve seen an Italian video which looked very believable of some old guy claiming to be a scientist spouting nonsense, I believe that went viral. There’s an extremely similar one that stemmed from Ireland.

Just read up on the science behind the vaccines and you’ll understand they’ve actually been in live tests for decades

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I do get it, the whole situation is about the most real and most frightening that certainly all of us have faced as a society in our lifetimes.

First it was the fear of the outbreak, then the fear of lockdowns, then the fear of reopening, then the fear of the vaccines.

It's all scary, there's no doubt.

I go by faith and blind belief in experts. I trust scientists, I trust medicine.

I don't particularly worry about getting it myself, even if I did have a bad reaction, that's not my main focus. I care far more about passing it onto someone who may be vulnerable, and about long covid symptoms. Those are what drove me to getting vaccinated.

Rakk

The Awesome
I don't particularly worry about getting it myself, even if I did have a bad reaction, that's not my main focus. I care far more about passing it onto someone who may be vulnerable, and about long covid symptoms. Those are what drove me to getting vaccinated.

I know I got it because I do worry about getting it, but then my immune system is (not to put to fine a point on it) a complete moron, and it could cause all sorts of issues with my current list of issues let alone just covid by itself

Bhuna50

Author Level
However, the potential long term effects of covid are well known.
  • extreme tiredness (fatigue)
  • shortness of breath
  • chest pain or tightness
  • problems with memory and concentration ("brain fog")
  • difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
  • heart palpitations
  • dizziness
  • pins and needles
  • joint pain
  • depression and anxiety
  • tinnitus, earaches
  • feeling sick, diarrhoea, stomach aches, loss of appetite
  • a high temperature, cough, headaches, sore throat, changes to sense of smell or taste
  • rashes
Taking the vaccine is the sensible thing to do. But then, why let common sense influence you, just go out, catch covid and infect someone with underlying causes who will die. Officially over 3.5 million have died so far but if you take into account the Chinese weighting factor it is more like 10 million deaths.

You missed a potential long term permanent effect of covid - death.

I've had both jabs. At 51 years of age and over 20 stone in weight, I went at the first opportunity I was asked if I wanted a jab.

Status
Not open for further replies.