Looking for opinions, suggestions and advice on my first PC Build *UPDATED*

EmWag1999

Bronze Level Poster
I’d bear in mind that built in speakers are usually low quality and low wattage (usually 2w) so tend to give very poor sound reproduction. I think all of us here would recommend picking up a pair of decent external speakers at some point. It’ll transform the listening experience.
Yeah i figured that would be the case. But ive had tinny built in laptop speakers until now anyway :')
I thought I can always use them for convenience and then just plugs some speakers in if i need better quality

EmWag1999

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah Its definitely between these 2 at the moment
might pop in to currys and see if i get on with the curved screens as i dont know if i would XD

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah Its definitely between these 2 at the moment
might pop in to currys and see if i get on with the curved screens as i dont know if i would XD

The G5 is much better. There are three types of panel: TN, VA and IPS. TN is definitely the worst; the others are more dependent on precise use case. The G5 is a VA; the Iiyama is a TN.

DarTon

I wouldn't ever go for a TN monitor these days.

It's down to personal preference whether you prefer VA or IPS panels. I prefer IPS, since I favour brightness over contrast. So I'd prefer this Dell IPS display with 400nits brightness https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gamin...7-lcd-gaming-monitor-silver-10213454-pdt.html to a VA panel like the G5 with only 250nits. Albeit I do like the curve on the G5. Many others would disagree and prefer the higher contrast of the G5.

Probably best to go and see them in the real world!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I wouldn't ever go for a TN monitor these days.

It's down to personal preference whether you prefer VA or IPS panels. I prefer IPS, since I favour brightness over contrast. So I'd prefer this Dell IPS display with 400nits brightness https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gamin...7-lcd-gaming-monitor-silver-10213454-pdt.html to a VA panel like the G5 with only 250nits. Albeit I do like the curve on the G5. Many others would disagree and prefer the higher contrast of the G5.

Probably best to go and see them in the real world!
I have the earlier GSync version of that same dell monitor and absolutely love it personally. Have always been a fan of dell screens.

EmWag1999

Bronze Level Poster
Hmm looks like I have some more searching to do for my monitor

I'll go to the shop so I can see them in person etc.
If I'm looking for a 1440 monitor, would I be fairly safe with the 6700xt?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hmm looks like I have some more searching to do for my monitor

I'll go to the shop so I can see them in person etc.
If I'm looking for a 1440 monitor, would I be fairly safe with the 6700xt?
Yep, 3060Ti and 6700XT are great choices for 1440p, 3070 if you really want to crank things up 👍

EmWag1999

Bronze Level Poster
Beat me to it! That said, it’s worth mentioning the 3070 is only about £35 more than the 6700XT currently, so it seems like an absolute no brainier to go for the 3070 if you’re able to squeeze it in the budget right now!
Cool, I'll do it!

Will it be wasted at all with the rest of my spec? Like the motherboard and cpu?

EmWag1999

Bronze Level Poster
I've been avoiding the ones you have to pre-order though so if thats one of those I might have to stick with the slightly lower one :(

EmWag1999

Bronze Level Poster
would it be rog strix 3070 or nvidia geforce rtx 3070, or nvidia geforce rtx 3070 ti..?
Like what's the difference if theyre the same model?

Yeah i figured that would be the case. But ive had tinny built in laptop speakers until now anyway :')
I thought I can always use them for convenience and then just plugs some speakers in if i need better quality
You can get a cheap soundbar that is way better then any built in speakers on a monitor I would not base a monitor purchase on its sound !

A standard nvidia 3070 would be in line with your budget rog strix is branded and in my opinion not worth the increase in price and the 3070ti is a better version of the standard 3070 the gap between a 3070 and 3080 in the nvidia marketing machine but again in my opinion not worth the extra cost