What happens to all those cardboard boxes after your PC has been delivered

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to cardboard boxes that stuff gets delivered in, a case of I'll keep it just in case.....................however you can only keep so many in a one bed flat, so decided to get rid of them into the recycling, while doing this i wondered exactly what the recycling process was so googled it

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
I leave mine in my dad's garage and every 6 months or so he asks me can he get rid of any , and I give him my standard reply of not yet

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to cardboard boxes that stuff gets delivered in, a case of I'll keep it just in case.....................however you can only keep so many in a one bed flat, so decided to get rid of them into the recycling, while doing this i wondered exactly what the recycling process was so googled it

I love these sorts of videos, very informative too! I remember watching 'How It's Made' when I was younger, couldn't get enough 😂

OH the cardboard box, I still have mine, it's on top of my wardobe at home. I justfind it super useful to have for transport and the like. I'm also a bit of a hoarder when it comes to the packaging for stuff, it's a nice thing to have, plus it helps with getting a bit extra for it when you come to sell it 😂

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I love these sorts of videos, very informative too! I remember watching 'How It's Made' when I was younger, couldn't get enough 😂

OH the cardboard box, I still have mine, it's on top of my wardobe at home. I justfind it super useful to have for transport and the like. I'm also a bit of a hoarder when it comes to the packaging for stuff, it's a nice thing to have, plus it helps with getting a bit extra for it when you come to sell it 😂
Good to know I'm not alone :ROFLMAO: (y)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My attic is full of original packaging. I’ve still got my PCS box for my laptop bought in 2014. I don’t really ditch them until I get rid of the product.

Plus you can build a decent fort using sheets.
I'd be like that but only one bed flat & no loft space worth talking about

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I live in a small flat in central London. The top of my wardrobe already has my Box of Many Cables on top. The PC box went straight in the recycling.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Unrelated cardboard box story: in my twenties I was working in the kitchen at a gastropub back home up north and at the end of the night I was chatting to one of the barmen who was restocking all the fridges with wine and beers. It had been a busy night so there must have been at least forty empty cardboard boxes that he was just flinging down the stairs into the cellar.

I looked down the stairs at the growing mound of cardboard and made a remark about how stuntmen used stacked piles of cardboard boxes to soften their landings from high falls. This idea must’ve really appealed to him as his eyes lit up and he immediately leapt headfirst down the cellar stairs and bellyflopped onto the boxes.

He’d obviously not paid full attention to my words as the boxes he landed on were anything but stacked. A lot of them were ripped up and there were lots of box corners poking out. A huge pained groan came from the cellar and when he eventually emerged he had a bleeding lip and a swelling eye.

Two days later at work he beckoned me over and lifted up his shirt, his entire torso was a network of red and purple bruises. He said ‘I don’t know how stuntmen do it!’

I don’t know, Brad, maybe with planning and forethought? And not just reacting like a dog who’s seen their favourite toy being thrown across the room?

Lunatic 🤪

MrWilson

Godlike
Going to be keeping boxes for transport to and from Uni, original packaging tends to be the optimal transport solution in a lot of cases I've found. Can build a great fort in my Uni room too!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The cats are also huge fans of a cardboard box or two. Mrs C has spent hundreds of pounds on cat toys but they invariably gravitate towards what we consider rubbish…

35EFD746-4870-4FFB-BCB7-8C9E0941CE40.jpeg

(Noodle had been somewhat annoying on that particular day, hence the signage)

rouchie

Rising Star
I'd be like that but only one bed flat & no loft space worth talking about
It doesn't matter what size your accomodation is, you will clutter accordingly, we are just trying to declutter after our 2 sons recently fled the nest at 30 and 27, and have already conceded it is going to be a long haul to get it done!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It doesn't matter what size your accomodation is, you will clutter accordingly, we are just trying to declutter after our 2 sons recently fled the nest at 30 and 27, and have already conceded it is going to be a long haul to get it done!
I had some of my stuff stored at my mum's for about 25 years

Bhuna50

Author Level
Life of a cardboard box in my house:

If the wife got her way:

Postman rings doorbell. Postman forced to unwrap, unpackage item and take all packaging with him to our recycle box.

My way:
Parcel arrives, sits on side until wife shouts “ARE YOU GOING TO OPEN THAT”.

Open package, put cardboard on top of kitchen cupboards. Lasts three days before the “WHATS THAT UP THERE” sarcastic questions start. Two more days and I move it further back so not so obvious. Next day remove it and put in dining room. Lasts there till a Sunday (if we’re going to use the room). It then makes its way upstairs and moves between spare room and my wardrobes. Then onto airing cupboard. If it’s still there a week later wife will try to dispose of it but I end up putting it in attic. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Life of a cardboard box in my house:

If the wife got her way:

Postman rings doorbell. Postman forced to unwrap, unpackage item and take all packaging with him to our recycle box.

My way:
Parcel arrives, sits on side until wife shouts “ARE YOU GOING TO OPEN THAT”.

Open package, put cardboard on top of kitchen cupboards. Lasts three days before the “WHATS THAT UP THERE” sarcastic questions start. Two more days and I move it further back so not so obvious. Next day remove it and put in dining room. Lasts there till a Sunday (if we’re going to use the room). It then makes its way upstairs and moves between spare room and my wardrobes. Then onto airing cupboard. If it’s still there a week later wife will try to dispose of it but I end up putting it in attic. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those wife things are terrible, got a mind of their own