What are you driving at the moment?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had a 1970s Mini Clubman in the mid 1980s. It was noisy, rattle and cramped, but was at its best on twisty roads due the the hard suspension. Current day Minis are nothing like the old ones.
I'd kill for an original cooper S, amazing cars.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
One of the guys I worked with years ago had an original mini. Used to get a run home from work with him from time to time. There were 3 of us in it.

Joe was around 6'2 and built like a drain cleaner
I am 6'5 and built like a slim line backer
Stu is around 5'10 and built like an overweight line backer.

How the hell the 3 of us got in that car defies physics. The drive home around those twisty backroads just defies all logic altogether. Such a fun car, amazing bit of kit. Felt like you were doing 200mph sitting at 60 haha.

Bhuna50

Author Level
After being driven through a garage forecourt at 50mph by a lunatic friend late one night in an original mini, I vowed never to get in one again - not that, at 23 stone, I would fit in an original mini now LOL.

It was about 2am and at the time that garages were closed overnight LOL, left Cheltenham town centre (he was sober - we weren't), and his girlfriend was mad at him so he wanted to drop her off quickly to have some peace and quiet. theres an island in the middle of road on the way out of Cheltenham that has a garage on it and he decided to cut the small corner by not slowing down and going straight on over the garage forecourt...surprisingly his car may have smelt a bit funny shortly after that as three of us screamed at him that we wanted to walk home :D

1620551231258.png

Rubberduck

My L200, modded for offroad I managed to write off a while back and not replaced it. I do have 2 play cars tho, a highly modified Celica GT4 Carlos Sainz, and currently playing with my 1958 MGA 👍

BT81

Enthusiast
I can’t drive for toffee - saying that ‘I talked my Mrs into buying a new Fiesta ST mk8’ - more than fast enough for the road and good fun :)

Personally I ride a Street Triple RS 765 (second I owned, in between a Ducati Diavel) - Prior owned the odd R1, but far too fast for the road.

Sorry, being a noob to this forum, I had to join in. The oldest car on the planet - well feels like it, which replaced a car younger (by 3 months) than it - oh yeah, it was also another one of the same type. 3 door vs 5 door and in blue (which I much prefer than that shade of green.)

20210516_153256227_iOS.jpg

1.4L E7J engine, light as a feather, pulls stupidly well, brought with 55,000 miles on the clock in August 2019 (by that time, it was 23 years old) and they were genuine as far as I could tell. Oh and I had it converted from auto to manual as the autobox hated kickdown, so much so, reprogramming the gearbox didn't work, so an auto ecu with a manual box which means I have I think 80hp on tap? Very reliable though - as long as you don't show it a puddle, the alternator belt is loose and so it stalls.

espaces.jpg

Otherwise, my other car(s) I drive and I'm a single guy with no kids, is one of these. One diesel, one petrol V6. The Diesel one sees more use - it also breaks down more often than Boris Johnson at a COVID meeting. It also has a phenomonial 0 to garage time, 6 yards or feels like it. Four times on a low loader, radiator leaked (rubbed through), clutch hydralics which suddently died, relay for said hydraulics then one cold morning, it stuck the middle glow plug up and refused to start, then turned out to be a battery issue. Oh talking of which, it doesn't like sub zero temperatures - it is like playing the wheel of misfortune, "will I start today"? Maybe if you calculate the sum of Pi to 6 decimal points, at the same time, calculating the exact amount of fuel in the cylinders vs temperature and the predicted temperature of all 4 glow plugs, it may well consider it.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
New addition to the family. A joint venture with myself and my GF (we have 4 kids between us.

wSx6KnJ.jpg

E3kshZu.jpg

9w331Ex.jpg

Of course it wasn't long before I had a little fettle (Nvidia Shield, full install) ;)😇

Fofng8d.jpg

lTByMvn.jpg

hi7Euv3.jpg

kYoOhW7.jpg

JBBy4cg.jpg
Vantastic 👍

Scott, is your driveway astroturfed?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That's pretty darn cool!
It's a cracking bit of kit. Can't believe what you get for the cash. It's officially an 8 seater but 6 can get in in recliner style seating. There's so much space. Full leather, rotating seats, foot rests, lazy boy-esque leg extensions. Everything's electric.... even the doors. Birdseye view cameras for parking, 5.1 audio system..... it's just unreal. Even has electric curtains.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's a cracking bit of kit. Can't believe what you get for the cash. It's officially an 8 seater but 6 can get in in recliner style seating. There's so much space. Full leather, rotating seats, foot rests, lazy boy-esque leg extensions. Everything's electric.... even the doors. Birdseye view cameras for parking, 5.1 audio system..... it's just unreal. Even has electric curtains.
It’s very “American” for a Nissan, I’m quite surprised.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Vantastic 👍

Scott, is your driveway astroturfed?

Well.... yes.... kind of.

The previous owners must have gotten a deal from a 5-a-side place doing up their grounds as it's got lines n stuff. Was stone chips before so it's a good idea, the execution needs a bit of work though :ROFLMAO:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It’s very “American” for a Nissan, I’m quite surprised.

Looking around I think all these types of cars share the same chassis (all of them, dodge, chevvy, nissan, toyota, the works).

Interestingly enough this style of car is very popular in Japan (it's an import, can't be had in the UK). It tends to be folks with entourages that buy them, to humf around their mates in luxury. Between them and luxury taxi companies, they are pretty easy to come by.

The amazing thing is how much motor you get for your money. There isn't much of a 2nd hand market for them so they can be had very cheap.