FedEx being weird

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster
If it’s over a week with customs (which has been the case with me in Dublin) calling FedEx and asking for the escalation team has been helpful.
They will start a ‘case’ when you escalate. Then all you need to do, is to ask for the status of the case.

The online updates are not trustworthy. It can go backwards anytime.

The first line of support hasn’t much clue either. “Don’t worry sir, you will get your product on Monday sir” by first line support is just a fob-off strategy.

Escalation team knows their stuff. get to them.

overall, it is a pain. Especially if you live outside dublin.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
overall, it is a pain. Especially if you live outside Dublin.

You might say that it's... Dubl the trouble...

tenor (1).gif

In all seriousness, sorry you're having a bit of a nightmare with this. Do keep us updated with how you get on :) (y)

Bento

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you all for all that information. I already escalated but haven't hear from them yet. If it's with customs and I understand correctly I have no way of knowing when I'll get the parcel....I live in Dublin actually.

Seems that getting items from the UK is getting harder and harder (Brexit)...I will probably think twice next time ordering from there.

So I guess I'll just have to wait...again.

I'll keep you posted

Citrus_9

Expert
Thank you all for all that information. I already escalated but haven't hear from them yet. If it's with customs and I understand correctly I have no way of knowing when I'll get the parcel....I live in Dublin actually.

Seems that getting items from the UK is getting harder and harder (Brexit)...I will probably think twice next time ordering from there.

So I guess I'll just have to wait...again.

I'll keep you posted
How many working days your item is on hold with customs from the moment it got into status Waiting for Clearance or something along these lines? Up to 7 working days is normal and don't even need to escalate. Sometimes escalation slow down the item's movements and delivery gets delayed further. I got fairly quickly - in 4-5 working days got cleared in total stayed in Dublin until I received, around 7-9 days.

tpcosgrave

Well my PC is now in a black hole somewhere. PCS telling me it's been shipped but the scanning isn't updating - apparently this is a problem with many PCS customers at the moment.

FedEx haven't got a clue where the package is but have escalated the case.

It would be an understatement to say I'm unhappy that a computer over that is costing me several thousand has been sent to a professional logistics company who don't know where it is and who are unable to update their tracking service....so much for a 3 day delivery window to Dublin!!

Last edited:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well my PC is now in a black hole somewhere. PCS telling me it's been shipped but the scanning isn't updating - apparently this is a problem with many PCS customers at the moment.

It would be an understatement to say I'm unhappy that a computer over that is costing me several thousand has been sent to a professional logistics company who don't know where it is and who are unable to update their tracking service....
Oh mate Fed Ex are just so absolutely terrible it's baffling how they manage to function at all.

Hope it turns up but Fed Ex are a disaster at the best of times

Bento

Bronze Level Poster

It would be an understatement to say I'm unhappy that a computer over that is costing me several thousand has been sent to a professional logistics company who don't know where it is and who are unable to update their tracking service....so much for a 3 day delivery window to Dublin!!
Hi mate ! I had the same issue. It's just that they don't scan the items when they should. I had the same issue as they didn't know exactly where it was. But at one point it showed up and got delivered after they rescheduled the delivery several times.

Be patient, it'll come :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've a similar situation with something coming in from China, according to the tracking it landed in England a week ago, since which time everything has gone quiet

tpcosgrave

Hi mate ! I had the same issue. It's just that they don't scan the items when they should. I had the same issue as they didn't know exactly where it was. But at one point it showed up and got delivered after they rescheduled the delivery several times.

Be patient, it'll come :)
I hope that's what it is because PCS are saying something is wrong with FedEx scanning systems...
It's 3 days late at this point (although it is the date FedEx estimated the delivery at when it was picked up at PCS) - how long did it take to deliver to you after dispatch?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's totally normal for items to sit for 7-9 days in Fed Ex facilities with no updates at all at the minute.

I work in shipping and procurement and I've started to dodge them due to these issues

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

I have a friend that got his PC dispatched by PCS on July 9. It didn't move and was stuck at "shipment information sent to FedEx". It finally started moving for him yesterday at 9PM

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I have a friend that got his PC dispatched by PCS on July 13. It didn't move and was stuck at "shipment information sent to FedEx". It finally started moving for him yesterday at 9PM
Seeing as 13th July was yesterday, I don’t think that’s too bad.

Bento

Bronze Level Poster
I hope that's what it is because PCS are saying something is wrong with FedEx scanning systems...
It's 3 days late at this point (although it is the date FedEx estimated the delivery at when it was picked up at PCS) - how long did it take to deliver to you after dispatch?
Mine took 10 days and Fedex announced 5 days the first time....So it's all normal ;). Then it'll depend on the speed of custom clearance as well. They do have scanning issues as well which can potentially delay delivery. I understand how frustrating it is. I contacted them everyday :D.