FedEx being weird

tpcosgrave

Okay so I was wrong when I said Belgium, it was in the UK all the time - BE is not just Belgium, it is also Bedford! It's now in Stansted awaiting transport to Dublin. Got an apology from FedEx today too. Estimated delivery is next Tuesday.

At least I know where the thing is now...

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Okay so I was wrong when I said Belgium, it was in the UK all the time - BE is not just Belgium, it is also Bedford! It's now in Stansted awaiting transport to Dublin. Got an apology from FedEx today too. Estimated delivery is next Tuesday.

At least I know where the thing is now...
next stop Charles de Gaul for a few days........................ 😂 😂

Good to hear you now know where it is

Nasko

Hey !
Been waiting for my PC for a few weeks now, since I've ordered on PCS ^^
My order was eventually dispatched at the beginning of the week !
I live in France, and my package is stuck in Charles de Gaulle for 24hours now, without getting a single update all that time :/
Have you guys experienced sthing like that ?

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Hey !
I live in France, and my package is stuck in Charles de Gaulle for 24hours now, without getting a single update all that time :/
Completely normal, may be going through Customs if it's only just got to the airport 24 hours ago :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey !
Completely normal, it will take about a week with customs clearances like they are with brexit, so don’t expect it before next week sometime.

Nasko

The Fedex scheduled delivery is said to be tomorrow ^^
I imagine this actually means nothing ^^
Was so impatient to finally get it this week, I guess I'll have to wait some more weeks... (this will never end :( )

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster
It’s also interesting to note that FedEx International Priority shipments get priority over International Economy (that PCS uses) even for customs clearance. This was mentioned to me by the FedEx escalation team when my pc went on a EU-wide tour for 2 weeks. They did prioritise it after I escalated it and the package cleared customs in less than 48 hours (in April this year). Was delivered the next day (In Galway - 200km from dublin ) even though the tracking online was stuck at “Customs clearance complete”.

In March , it took 7 days to clear customs and no escalation.

I am not recommending to escalate every case, but when you pass 2 weeks plus with ridiculous updates, I do think escalation makes a difference.

tpcosgrave

It’s also interesting to note that FedEx International Priority shipments get priority over International Economy (that PCS uses) even for customs clearance. This was mentioned to me by the FedEx escalation team when my pc went on a EU-wide tour for 2 weeks. They did prioritise it after I escalated it and the package cleared customs in less than 48 hours (in April this year). Was delivered the next day (In Galway - 200km from dublin ) even though the tracking online was stuck at “Customs clearance complete”.

In March , it took 7 days to clear customs and no escalation.

I am not recommending to escalate every case, but when you pass 2 weeks plus with ridiculous updates, I do think escalation makes a difference.

I agree - I escalated mine and lo and behold, it started moving.

tpcosgrave

So now my PC, which was in Stansted, was taken out of Stansted and sent back to Ridgemont where it had been the previous day.
FedEx e-mail support has been absolutely hopeless so calling them now.

tpcosgrave

FedEx phone call tells me it is in Customs in Ireland and I will get an update on Monday. If only their scanning would pick it up!
A strongly worded letter to PCS telling them they should get rid of FedEx is in the offing I think. I've used the other global services for shipping before and they are infinitely better than FedEx!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
FedEx phone call tells me it is in Customs in Ireland and I will get an update on Monday. If only their scanning would pick it up!
A strongly worded letter to PCS telling them they should get rid of FedEx is in the offing I think. I've used the other global services for shipping before and they are infinitely better than FedEx!
FedEx and UPS are some of the only companies currently willing to do border deliveries to EU.

They used to use DPD until DPD pulled out of eu deliveries due to complexity.

tpcosgrave

FedEx and UPS are some of the only companies currently willing to do border deliveries to EU.

They used to use DPD until DPD pulled out of eu deliveries due to complexity.

I would have thought DPD weren't big enough for a customer like PCS. I was thinking UPS would be better, based on previous experience with them. FedEx are pretty dreadful as far as I can see, at least at their entry level product.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would have thought DPD weren't big enough for a customer like PCS. I was thinking UPS would be better, based on previous experience with them. FedEx are pretty dreadful as far as I can see, at least at their entry level product.
Yeah, FedEx are pretty dreadful unfortunately. You can email PCS at [email protected] if you want to make a suggestion like that. It’s a good suggestion, I think 99% of Europeans would agree.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Nothing wrong with DPD, one of the most reliable courier companies out there

tpcosgrave

Well, the computer got here in the end! Yesterday. The second package of various bits and bobs still not here and supposed to arrive today.
FedEx have been dire altogether. But the computer did get here in one pices thankfully.

Ganggang

Bronze Level Poster
PC was supposed to be delivered yesterday, no sign, I got onto their live chat and it says that the PC just cleared customs, but says it's in stansted and hasnt budged since thursday.