Noise of new system

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The last thing I'd check would be the farthest right connector on the micro board, that routes back to a header on the motherboard which will be marked as one of the above.

It needs to be plugged into CPU_Fan preferably, but at a pinch SYS_Fan.

If it's plugged into CH_Fan, then that's the problem, it will be running all the case fans at full tilt.

Oh.... is it a case fan that's causing the noise? I had been working under the assumption it was a radiator fan :unsure:o_O

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Motherboard layout

1630015475380.png

1630015509321.png

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
According to the above, if that's definitely the cooler then it's in the right one....... but that would suggest the micro controller is in the wrong one, as it should be in one of those 3 too.

Can you check if the CHA_Fan has a cable in it?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh.... is it a case fan that's causing the noise? I had been working under the assumption it was a radiator fan :unsure:o_O
Well, I thought it may be easier to confirm if the micro board is plugged into the correct header, then we can rule that out, and if it is the AIO and it is the case that the fan wiring is integrated into the USB, then we know it's a faulty unit.

That was my rather strung out underslept approach :ROFLMAO:

I've got a couple of days off next week after the bank holiday, my god, it can't come at a better time, it's been mental at work this whole month!

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
The 2nd last picture you can see the connections coming off the pump. I'm almost positive that those will be connected to the fans on the cooler and the motherboard in the 2nd pic.

What you need to figure out is if the fans are connected to the pump fully and if the last pic that you are pointing to is the CPU header.

Again, it's going to start getting awkward so you may need to remove the radiator/fan assembly altogether to see where things are going. It's generally only 4 screws to remove it but it can seem daunting for a first timer. Have a look at it and see if you fancy it.

So I removed one of the fans and moved the connector connector it was connected to the CPU_Out and have tried it that way and still nothing, noisy as ever!

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
According to the above, if that's definitely the cooler then it's in the right one....... but that would suggest the micro controller is in the wrong one, as it should be in one of those 3 too.

Can you check if the CHA_Fan has a cable in it?
It has to be the cooler as when I turned the computer on and held the one fan on the cooler that I thought was making the noise the noise went away. So the case fans are fine I think. One of the cooler fans is also OK but the other one is running like the clappers!

Sorry again to display my ignorance by CHA_Fan. Which one is that again?

scarpa1

Enthusiast
It has to be the cooler as when I turned the computer on and held the one fan on the cooler that I thought was making the noise the noise went away. So the case fans are fine I think. One of the cooler fans is also OK but the other one is running like the clappers!

Sorry again to display my ignorance by CHA_Fan. Which one is that again?
On the x570 MB the CPU fan, CPU _OPT and AIO pump connectors are at the top of the board, they are in a group of three, AIO is on the right and then the two on the left are:
CPU in the top one, CPU-OPT is the one below it.

The CHA Fan is on the bottom of the board in a group of three, CHA Fan on left, Water Pump middle, M.2 fan on right.

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
On the x570 MB the CPU fan, CPU _OPT and AIO pump connectors are at the top of the board, they are in a group of three, AIO is on the right and then the two on the left are:

The CHA Fan is on the bottom of the board in a group of three, CHA Fan on left, Water Pump middle, M.2 fan on right.
Thanks, in that case no the CHA Fan is empty and the water pump. M.2 does have a connection in it though. So do i need to plug something into the CHA Fan?

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster

Also sorry should this H115i be plugged into the AIO one? It was in the CPU one, I tried it in the CPU_OPT but that didn't work either?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks, in that case no the CHA Fan is empty and the water pump. M.2 does have a connection in it though. So do i need to plug something into the CHA Fan?
It needs to be where it was originally.
Also sorry should this H115i be plugged into the AIO one? It was in the CPU one, I tried it in the CPU_OPT but that didn't work either?
The H115i is the AIO, it needs to be plugged in where it was originally in CPU_Fan in the back left of number 2

You need to check that the farthest right connector on the microcontroller is plugged into CH_Fan at number 2 at the bottom of the motherboard layout drawing.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Not sure, I have the x570 MB but mine is a custom liquid series.

For your cooler, is that what we think is making the noise?
Connecting wise for MB it says

Pump tach cable to CPU_Fan header No.2 of above pic, the top left of the three.
Then there should be a USB 2.0 cable that goes to the USB 2.0 header on MB which are located at the bottom of MB, No.15 on the above pic Martin posted.

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
It needs to be where it was originally.

The H115i is the AIO, it needs to be plugged in where it was originally in CPU_Fan in the back left of number 2
Right, so it's back in the back left in CPU_Fan. Not to muddy the water but should there be nothing in the water pump then as this is a water pump system isn't jt?

To be clear there has never been anything in the CHA Fan, just the M.2 Fan that's been there originally

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
Not sure, I have the x570 MB but mine is a custom liquid series.

For your cooler, is that what we think is making the noise?
Connecting wise for MB it says

Pump tach cable to CPU_Fan header
Then there should be a USB 2.0 cable that goes to the USB 2.0 header on MB which are located at the bottom of MB, No.15 on the above pic Martin posted.
Yep that's how it was set up in the beginning and is again now.

It is the cooler that is making the noise. There are two fans on the cooler and one is running full pelt constantly and I've no idea why. Not sure if there's anything else I can try?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yep that's how it was set up in the beginning and is again now.

It is the cooler that is making the noise. There are two fans on the cooler and one is running full pelt constantly and I've no idea why. Not sure if there's anything else I can try?
I think that cooler is faulty, unless the fan has been adjusted in the BIOS or iCue, then they should be both running at the same speeds.

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
I think that cooler is faulty, unless the fan has been adjusted in the BIOS or iCue, then they should be both running at the same speeds.
Yeah I think it is faulty, I'm annoyed this wasn't picked up in testing though. I've not amended anything in Bios or ICue, I have tried however it doesn't move at all..one fan will, the other stays the same regardless. Nightmare

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I think it is faulty, I'm annoyed this wasn't picked up in testing though. I've not amended anything in Bios or ICue, I have tried however it doesn't move at all..one fan will, the other stays the same regardless. Nightmare
Unfortunately stuff happens often in transit, it's very difficult to ship these without some knocks and scrapes, and it doesn't take much to cause a failure. That's why you opt for a good warranty to cover failures.

You don't have to send the whole unit back, if you're certain it's the cooler, then you can just RMA that one part and PCS will ship a replacement next day delivery.

Mikesmith08

Bronze Level Poster
Unfortunately stuff happens often in transit, it's very difficult to ship these without some knocks and scrapes, and it doesn't take much to cause a failure. That's why you opt for a good warranty to cover failures.

You don't have to send the whole unit back, if you're certain it's the cooler, then you can just RMA that one part and PCS will ship a replacement next day delivery.

Yeah I spoke to them today and they said they can post a new one however I'm not at all confident I can fit one myself! Not sure whay to do

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Nothing should be in the M2 cooler. That's just weird IMO. I would try moving that and see what happens.