First Parts Ordered.... Just the tower to go ;)

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
Monitor:
w0165288_normal.jpg

23" LG Full HD

Keyboard:
Screen-shot-2010-08-05-at-5.07.33-PM.png

Logitech G510 Keyboard

Mouse:
Razer_Abyssus.jpg

Razer Abyssus Mouse

Headset:
creative-hs-1000.5795652.jpg

Creative Fatal1ty HS-1000 USB

While finally settling on my PC spec:
Case
COOLERMASTER HAF-X CASE

Overclocked CPU
OverClocked Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-930 (2.8GHz @ max 3.8GHz)

Motherboard
ASUS® RAMPAGE III EXTREME: 3-Way SLI & CrossFireX, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0

Memory (RAM)
12GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, INTEL X.M.P (6 x 2GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5970 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)

Power Supply & Case Cooling
1500W THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER MODULAR PSU (£195)

Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO C240 A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£95)

Thermal Paste
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)

Meds

So you've settle for the 5970 then... could cause upset in the nVidia ranks within us :D The rest of your specification looks sweet, bet you can't wait to click the order button!

How much did the headset set you back? I'm in the market for one so let me know your views on it after you've played with it for a while.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
So you've settle for the 5970 then... could cause upset in the nVidia ranks within us :D The rest of your specification looks sweet, bet you can't wait to click the order button!

How much did the headset set you back? I'm in the market for one so let me know your views on it after you've played with it for a while.

For the moment yeah. Depending how much I get paid I might add a 5870 too :p 480 SLI would've won if they didn't have such heat issues (I say this though... I'll probably change something by the time of ordering!)

It was about £50. Haven't used it for communication yet but the sound is fantastic and very comfortable.

Need to wait an extra couple of weeks for the keyboard but it should hopefully come right before FFXIV.

Matt

Bright Spark
For the moment yeah. Depending how much I get paid I might add a 5870 too :p 480 SLI would've won if they didn't have such heat issues (I say this though... I'll probably change something by the time of ordering!)

It was about £50. Haven't used it for communication yet but the sound is fantastic and very comfortable.

Need to wait an extra couple of weeks for the keyboard but it should hopefully come right before FFXIV.

Nice choice on the 5970, why settle for anything other than the best hey?:p

I have that LG LCD HD TV, its nice.