Weird stuttering in games

Xeno19

The SM Bus Controller is managed by the chipset driver as @SpyderTracks has been saying. That it's apparently not there suggests that the clean install you did wasn't entirely satisfactory. I see from reading back that you didn't run Windows Update repeatedly immediately after the clean install? Doing that is essential.

"When you're in a hole, stop digging" and I rather think you're in a hole right now. I would suggest a fully clean install from freshly downloaded media (use the Windows Creation Tool and a new 8GB USB drive). Choose a custom install, delete all partitions on the system rive and click the Next button, the installer will create the correct partition structure and install Windows. Once you have been through the initial setup (language, region, etc.) run Windows Update. If you have to reboot for some updates then run Windows Update again immediately after the reboot. Keep running Windows Update across any reboots until there are no more updates found.

If there are any optional update listed then install those as well - especially if they are driver updates. Run Windows Updates again after installing optional updates to be sure that no more updates are found. Do not move on until you are certain that every update that's available has been installed.
Okay I will do another fresh install with a new download.

Xeno19

The SM Bus Controller is managed by the chipset driver as @SpyderTracks has been saying. That it's apparently not there suggests that the clean install you did wasn't entirely satisfactory. I see from reading back that you didn't run Windows Update repeatedly immediately after the clean install? Doing that is essential.

"When you're in a hole, stop digging" and I rather think you're in a hole right now. I would suggest a fully clean install from freshly downloaded media (use the Windows Creation Tool and a new 8GB USB drive). Choose a custom install, delete all partitions on the system rive and click the Next button, the installer will create the correct partition structure and install Windows. Once you have been through the initial setup (language, region, etc.) run Windows Update. If you have to reboot for some updates then run Windows Update again immediately after the reboot. Keep running Windows Update across any reboots until there are no more updates found.

If there are any optional update listed then install those as well - especially if they are driver updates. Run Windows Updates again after installing optional updates to be sure that no more updates are found. Do not move on until you are certain that every update that's available has been installed.
I have done the fresh install, ran windows update and installed the optional also, rebooted a few times with checking for updates after and it says it is up to date.

This is my device manager still.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 113

Xeno19

Good point. It would be worth entering the BIOS setup and selecting 'Load Defaults'.
I have loaded defaults, do I install the chipset from the motherboard website or do I need to do another fresh install of windows now?

Xeno19

Run Windows Update. If there's no change call PCS.
Yeah, I'd agree, either some major settings have been disabled in the bios or there's a motherboard fault
I fixed it, it is the strangest thing which did fix it but in armoury crate there is a tools section with a driver section, noticed an intel one wasn't installed and it installed the intel chipset etc, now there is none of that stuff in my device manager

Attachments

• Capture2222.PNG
    Capture2222.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 107

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I fixed it, it is the strangest thing which did fix it but in armoury crate there is a tools section with a driver section, noticed an intel one wasn't installed and it installed the intel chipset etc, now there is none of that stuff in my device manager
Can you just install CPU-Z and go to the mainboard tab and post a screenshot?

Xeno19

Can you just install CPU-Z and go to the mainboard tab and post a screenshot?

Here you go

Attachments

• 22222221.PNG
    22222221.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 105

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
So.... Armory Crate is installing Intel drivers that neither Windows Update nor the Intel Driver Support Assistant tool found? That sounds strange to me....

Xeno19

Cool, I was beginning to think you'd been given a different motherboard which is why the chipset wasn't installing.
quick question though, should I now go and enable my xmp profile again? as my ram is running at a lower speed when I put the bios back to default