iCUE problem

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There was a plug-in for Asus motherboards to work with iCUE...

Some GPUs also have iCUE plug-ins too (FE GPUs should, but I can't get mine to be recognised in iCUE...although I think mine is white or off).

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There was a plug-in for Asus motherboards to work with iCUE...

Some GPUs also have iCUE plug-ins too (FE GPUs should, but I can't get mine to be recognised in iCUE...although I think mine is white or off).
Yeah followed this through this morning but still can't get it work

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Yeah followed this through this morning but still can't get it work
I installed armoury crate and setup the lighting on my X570 board then realised that iCUE would pick it up anyway and unistalled armoury crate and the board still appears in iCUE, it does seem to have left an Aromoury Crate service behind though so maybe thats used as the plugin

Mine disappeared for a few hours the other day, the MB to iCUE integration seems a bit flaky to be honest

This guide seems a bit more detailed:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I installed armoury crate and setup the lighting on my X570 board then realised that iCUE would pick it up anyway and unistalled armoury crate and the board still appears in iCUE, it does seem to have left an Aromoury Crate service behind though so maybe thats used as the plugin

Mine disappeared for a few hours the other day, the MB to iCUE integration seems a bit flaky to be honest

This guide seems a bit more detailed:

Cheers @RichLan564 , bookmarked that and downloaded the plugin from there as well, although more by luck than judgement it seems to be working now

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Got all mine lit up again, and got the Asus motherboard and RTX3080Ti RGB flashing away nicely...and it shows in iCUE.

Pity none of the profiles in iCUE actually change what the motherboard and GPU actually do though - suppose I can always change them via Aura Sync instead - but they still won't be part of the same sequence ;)

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Got all mine lit up again, and got the Asus motherboard and RTX3080Ti RGB flashing away nicely...and it shows in iCUE.

Pity none of the profiles in iCUE actually change what the motherboard and GPU actually do though - suppose I can always change them via Aura Sync instead - but they still won't be part of the same sequence ;)
That’s strange, my motherboard reacts to the in built effects, rain, rainbow, visor etc

Unfortunately my GPU being Zotac is sat in the corner on his own doing his own thing in the RGB party….

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well i spoke too soon, it was all ok then had to do a restart for a windows update.............

Well i spoke too soon, it was all ok then had to do a restart for a windows update.............
Its why I have it mainly all off martin the software in regards to the lightning is to hit and miss to sync it all you will get there tho you sound determined how do you find the noise levels of the aio ?

MrWilson

Godlike
I’ve had occasional issues where my 115i Capellix sometimes isn’t detected by iCue and defaults to rainbow vomit RGB and a louder fan profile. Restarting the PC seems to solve the problem, but might try and disable armoury crate if it came preinstalled, I have the motherboard RGB switched off anyway.

MrWilson

Godlike
Also, not to hijack Martin’s thread too much, but I have my pump RGB and Corsair logo on the K70 set to the 3 temperature thresholds, just wondered what 3 temperatures you guys have the green orange and red set to? Think it defaults to 20,40,60 but from what I’ve gathered the 5900x is still fine in the 90s so would appreciate some hive mind consensus

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Also, not to hijack Martin’s thread too much, but I have my pump RGB and Corsair logo on the K70 set to the 3 temperature thresholds, just wondered what 3 temperatures you guys have the green orange and red set to? Think it defaults to 20,40,60 but from what I’ve gathered the 5900x is still fine in the 90s so would appreciate some hive mind consensus
I would have green until 50 mate, then orange until 70 and red for anything above

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
In my thinking, the CPUs are rated to fairly high temperatures so I made some adjustments for the 3800X. Not at my desk to verify but I think I set mine to green up to 65, orange 66-75, red 75 upwards 🥵

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I’ve had occasional issues where my 115i Capellix sometimes isn’t detected by iCue and defaults to rainbow vomit RGB and a louder fan profile. Restarting the PC seems to solve the problem, but might try and disable armoury crate if it came preinstalled, I have the motherboard RGB switched off anyway.
What fan settings are you using ?

I can't hear myself think above my H150i when it decides to ramp up, i think im going to put a fixed RPM at a level where its bearable then only ramp up if the temp goes way too high

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
On mine, before I created custom curved, I noticed the presets for the AIO were a bit broken, as quiet was louder/faster than balanced and extreme didn't seem very extreme at all.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
On mine, before I created custom curved, I noticed the presets for the AIO were a bit broken, as quiet was louder/faster than balanced and extreme didn't seem very extreme at all.
Balanced seems to pulse a bit on mine, like its tied to CPU temp but its actaully tied to coolant temp which is correct, quiet is anything but quiet when things get a bit warm, i will have a tinker with the curves and see what happens, i don't mind running it at a fixed speed as long as it will keep things under control

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think I've got everything on balanced at the moment, going to have a proper play once I've got the last fan in

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
GOT IT........................................

Yep I've sorted it, it was down to a program that was firing up at startup called ArmourySWAgent that doesn't seem to do anything but cause problems, so the remedy for the problem is very simple, do a search for it, end the task in task manager and then delete it, then set everthing up as described here , everything now got nice purple rain

1631811133455.jpeg