New PC, no Sound from the Rear onboard audio ports?

Funployee

1632001309670.png

1632001319733.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i even tried some turtle beach Recon 200s (again top ports work with mic) rear dont
Again, they wouldn't work out the back without a splitter, so we can't use those to troubleshoot.

You can see the audio is definitely playing out of the realtek channel.

I guess it's possible that it's a failed port on the motherboard, but I've literally never ever heard of that happening before.

The volume is still on really low on windows, where are you changing it when you're increasing it?

Funployee

Again, they wouldn't work out the back without a splitter, so we can't use those to troubleshoot.

You can see the audio is definitely playing out of the realtek channel.

I guess it's possible that it's a failed port on the motherboard, but I've literally never ever heard of that happening before.

The volume is still on really low on windows, where are you changing it when you're increasing it?
just changing the volume on the bottom right of the task bar. right now I have put it back to max (see Screenshot) still nothing

if it is a failed port that sucks, but like you said you have never heard of it happening? seems strange

1632001674518.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
just changing the volume on the bottom right of the task bar. right now I have put it back to max (see Screenshot) still nothing

if it is a failed port that sucks, but like you said you have never heard of it happening? seems strange

View attachment 29351
The case port uses the same soundcard, but motherboards don't support the newer 3 pole 2.5" jacks that you find on lower end headsets and mobile headsets where it includes a microphone. That why you need to use the splitter for the mothrerboard ports to split it down to basic 2 channel.

The case will support the more modern 3 pole connectors, as most modern cases now do.

With PC audio though, it's always worth spending a bit more and getting a USB headset, they're far far better and have their own dedicated soundcards.

Not that that's a fix for this issue, I'm not suggesting that at all.

But the case audio port is just running off the audio pinout of the motherboard so it's using the same soundcard, so we know it's not a driver issue anywhere.

The only other thing I can think to try is to disable the screen HDMI sound output for testing, it may be causing issues, and you'd never use it anyway on a PC.

Last edited:

Funployee

The case port uses the same soundcard, but motherboards don't support the newer 4 pole 2.5" jacks that you find on lower end headsets and mobile headsets where it includes a microphone. That why you need to use the splitter for the mothrerboard ports to split it down to basic 2 channel.

The case will support the more modern 4 pole connectors, as most modern cases now do.

With PC audio though, it's always worth spending a bit more and getting a USB headset, they're far far better and have their own dedicated soundcards.

Not that that's a fix for this issue, I'm not suggesting that at all.

But the case audio port is just running off the audio pinout of the motherboard so it's using the same soundcard, so we know it's not a driver issue anywhere.

The only other thing I can think to try is to disable the screen HDMI sound output for testing, it may be causing issues, and you'd never use it anyway on a PC.
sorry, how would i go about doing that?