What Type of Photographs Do You Take?

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Another flier that has landed to refuel.

32737752067_9e6152db67_c.jpg

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Landscape, macro and some wildlife.

I have a website, but the link was taken out. No idea why because it was only showcasing my photography and nothing else.👎

Last edited:

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Looks like a Sea Eagle to me:unsure:
You are correct. There are a few on the west coast and islands. I have been fortunate enough to see a pair of adults and their newly fledged chicks. To describe the youngsters as chicks does not do them justice. They were huge - almost as big as the adults, but much darker in colour.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
You are correct. There are a few on the west coast and islands. I have been fortunate enough to see a pair of adults and their newly fledged chicks. To describe the youngsters as chicks does not do them justice. They were huge - almost as big as the adults, but much darker in colour.
I saw a pair last year on the west coast in Argyll. Beautiful sight. I have photos but the quality of the photographs don't do them any justice of how gorgeous they are.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Cheers, they are pretty much a common garden bird around here, after nearly becoming extinct, John Paul Getty initiated a breeding program and then released some into the wild in some woods about 10-15 miles away, nature took its course and the rest is history
Yaaasss! Mrs Cooper’s dad lives in Bletchley and there’s always a few red kites circling around the skies there. He occasionally returns home from work to find a load of feathers from their victims in his back garden.

David689

Gold Level Poster
Cheers, they are pretty much a common garden bird around here, after nearly becoming extinct, John Paul Getty initiated a breeding program and then released some into the wild in some woods about 10-15 miles away, nature took its course and the rest is history
Another release site was near Harwood House in Yorkshire and they have rippled out from there since. We live in Wakefield and from time to time see them around our house. This one stayed long enough for me to get my camera:
5Div-7212.jpg

David689

Gold Level Poster
Yaaasss! Mrs Cooper’s dad lives in Bletchley and there’s always a few red kites circling around the skies there. He occasionally returns home from work to find a load of feathers from their victims in his back garden.
They tend to eat already dead animals:

I think they are quite keen on road kill.

The feathers, I think, are more likely to be left overs from a sparrow hawk's dinner.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The feathers, I think, are more likely to be left overs from a sparrow hawk's dinner.
I’ll have to take your word for it, I’m not much of an ornithologist. You could tell me that it was any kind of big bird and I’d probably concur…