Cable MISmanagement - How to Stress Out AgentCooper

MrWilson

Godlike
Is it sad I'm more concerned where you are talking into that microphone :D
I do need to double check whether I’m supposed to talk into the top or the side, it definitely seems happier with the shock absorber when it’s upright, and audio is picked up either way. It is more vertical now than in that original photo sir!

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
I do need to double check whether I’m supposed to talk into the top or the side, it definitely seems happier with the shock absorber when it’s upright, and audio is picked up either way. It is more vertical now than in that original photo sir!
Looks like its an AT2020USB? Or something similar, if so you talk into the front not top :D

Outerarm

My PCS build is in pre-prod so I think it is time to start documenting my journey from this...

new_pc_001.jpg

new_pc_002.jpg

...to something hopefully a little more organised and presentable!

This is mostly the PCS system I ordered 8 and a half years ago (‘Overkill’ in my sig), with the GTX 690 upgraded to a 1080 and a replacement for one of the original 3 iiyama monitors when it died. And yes, those are cheap plastic storage containers holding up the two monitors! The monitors had no height adjustment so I got the containers as a stop gap measure but never got round to a better solution.

First up will be some cable management which I hope to get done this weekend. I have some cable trays to attach under the desk and a couple of desk cable grommet covers with a hole saw on the way so I can concentrate cables at certain points on the desk and thread through to reduce mess. I won’t be doing too much to directly tidy this lot as I’ll only need to unplug it in a couple of weeks, but making a start now will be good!

Next will be replacing the curtains with some blinds. The room gets a full dose of sunlight in the afternoon, so being able to adjust the blinds will be easier than having to partially draw the curtains. Flooring was replaced earlier this year so is good there. Finally, one day, I may get a new desk that is either dark in colour, or more of a match for the desk I have off to the side, and at some point I will get round to sorting out the terracotta coloured walls I inherited when I moved in.

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
My PCS build is in pre-prod so I think it is time to start documenting my journey from this...

This is mostly the PCS system I ordered 8 and a half years ago (‘Overkill’ in my sig), with the GTX 690 upgraded to a 1080 and a replacement for one of the original 3 iiyama monitors when it died. And yes, those are cheap plastic storage containers holding up the two monitors! The monitors had no height adjustment so I got the containers as a stop gap measure but never got round to a better solution.

First up will be some cable management which I hope to get done this weekend. I have some cable trays to attach under the desk and a couple of desk cable grommet covers with a hole saw on the way so I can concentrate cables at certain points on the desk and thread through to reduce mess. I won’t be doing too much to directly tidy this lot as I’ll only need to unplug it in a couple of weeks, but making a start now will be good!

Next will be replacing the curtains with some blinds. The room gets a full dose of sunlight in the afternoon, so being able to adjust the blinds will be easier than having to partially draw the curtains. Flooring was replaced earlier this year so is good there. Finally, one day, I may get a new desk that is either dark in colour, or more of a match for the desk I have off to the side, and at some point I will get round to sorting out the terracotta coloured walls I inherited when I moved in.

Firstly I was going to say I recognise those storage baskets that you are using as height adjusters, although the ones I own hold clothes pegs ;)

Secondly whilst I understand that you had to replace one of your monitors, it's such a shame that you couldn't have got another Iiyama. Iiyama doesn't get enough love on here, I understand that yes there may be better priced/specified options these days, but I've always had a special place in my computing heart for their monitors :)

As for the cabling, what's wrong with it, looks perfectly fine to me :D

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Why are you hiding the poor PC in the wall? Also lol at how users fork out thousands on PC setup, but then take pics of it on what looks like a Nokia phone.

A lot neater than my desk though, I'll give you that.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Nope....I don't like it.....you can't have cable management without zip ties :eek: That's just so wrong...it would be like going into a nurse's home and not finding any Micropore :ROFLMAO:
Free your mind, man. Cable management is so much more than wires and zip ties. It’s a lifestyle and a state of mind.

Release yourself from the oppressive shackles of society and join my cult church. For just £19.99 per month I can offer you a sixteen step path to life improvement and spiritual satisfaction. No more hiding cables beneath the bed and under a conveniently placed rug, your shame will be easily resolved.

Just call 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3 and you’ll be on the way to saving your soul from eternal damnation.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I don't believe in cable management! I don't believe in cable management! I don't believe in cable management!
The weird thing is… cable management believes in you, Denz. It stands at the foot of your bed every night and watches you as you sleep. Sometimes it even props you up against your pillow and cuts off a little lock of your hair to appease the gods.

Sleep well tonight, mate.