PC delivery drenched from the rain

granicarious

My excitement was killed with shock to see the state of the box in the back of the van :eek:. You could visibly see the PC because the cardboard was falling apart. The DPD driver said it was like this at the depot, basically saying 'it wasn't me'. It must have been caught in the rain during delivery at the bottom of the pile. It might look like just the corner but the whole thing was soggy.

Pics below

I decided to sign for it and test it myself. Everything is working great and I'm happy, my only worry is... could there possibly be the underlying water damage?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'd report it to PCS as soon as possible, so that 1) you're covered if something unexpected happens as a consequence, and 2) PCS can give the courier company a rollicking!
Ditto, and send them the photos, mine was slightly torn when i got it, but had it been that bad I would have refused delivery

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My excitement was killed with shock to see the state of the box in the back of the van :eek:. You could visibly see the PC because the cardboard was falling apart. The DPD driver said it was like this at the depot, basically saying 'it wasn't me'. It must have been caught in the rain during delivery at the bottom of the pile. It might look like just the corner but the whole thing was soggy.

Pics below

I decided to sign for it and test it myself. Everything is working great and I'm happy, my only worry is... could there possibly be the underlying water damage?
That's absolutely dreadful! Definitely report that to PCS, they'll want to chew the ear off DPD, that's completely unacceptable.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Pics below

That's horrific mate definitely report that to PCS!

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
Mine was left unattended at the front door in broad daylight.

Granted, I had left a note saying I'd be back shortly. And I literally arrived a few minutes after the time I said I would and the DPD driver was no where to be seen.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Mine was left unattended at the front door in broad daylight.

Granted, I had left a note saying I'd be back shortly. And I literally arrived a few minutes after the time I said I would and the DPD driver was no where to be seen.
AFAIK, that's actually illegal with a computer with the contract they have with PCS. Even during covid, they have to pass it to the house owner, they can't leave it unattended or with a neighbour or anything like that due to the value of it.

Again, I would report that driver to DPD, they shouldn't be doing that ever.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My DPD (driver who is amazing, we're very lucky) does as he's supposed to every time.

If we're in, he will ring the bell, wait for us to answer, and then take a photo of the item with us in the shot with the door open. That's really sensible, cos it covers him and us.

If we're out, he leaves a missed delivery card and we rearrange collection.

The way I understood it with PCS is that as it's a high value item, DPD are not able to leave it at a neighbours at all, even if authorised by the receiver.

And they HAVE to have proof of delivery, either by signature, or in covid times, with a photo.

They should NEVER leave it unattended, even if you're at home.

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
I had a meal prep delivery on Monday by DPD. The driver never rang the doorbell (I have a Ring). And I got a notification saying package delivered and signed for by me!!!

It was just after 8am and we were all at home and awake. 🤷‍♂️

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had a meal prep delivery on Monday by DPD. The driver never rang the doorbell (I have a Ring). And I got a notification saying package delivered and signed for by me!!!

It was just after 8am and we were all at home and awake. 🤷‍♂️
That's really bad.

DPD are generally exceptional, they have by far the best tracking system and delivery targets.

Problem is its all down to your local driver. So it's really important to feedback on your experience so they can whittle out rhe poor drivers.

That's a benefit of the app is that it has a review process after each delivery. I'm certain if the driver had enough bad reviews then DPD would take action.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
AFAIK, that's actually illegal with a computer with the contract they have with PCS. Even during covid, they have to pass it to the house owner, they can't leave it unattended or with a neighbour or anything like that due to the value of it.

Again, I would report that driver to DPD, they shouldn't be doing that ever.
I shouldn't have used the word "illegal", what I meant was that I'm fairly certain it breaks the contract they have with PCS.

You have to pay a premium to request signed for on a shipment, that's aside from the security implications that's the whole reason PCS are paying a premium for the service.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I think DPD franchise a lot of their local deliveries, so the guy you have in your area doesn't actually work for DPD he works for himself. I don't know what the terms of the franchise might be, I do see they advertise 5 year contracts, but I'd imagine the franchisee would have to do something pretty serious and do it pretty consistently before DPD took away the franchise.

https://drivers.dpd.co.uk/download-brochure

Pics below

Glad its working fine personally I would of not signed for it and had it sent back definitely let pcs know as that is shockinly bad delivery by dpd